HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Smyth / Glenn Anderson

Old
05-04-2007, 08:47 AM
cjdv16

vCash: 500
Ryan Smyth / Glenn Anderson

I just read a story as to when Ryan Smyth was a stick-boy for the Oilers (I'm guessing around 9 or 10 years old), Glenn Anderson ran him over with his car.

Something about Smyth going down to tie his shoe and Anderson backed right over Smyth leaving tire marks on his shirt.

I couldn't stop laughing. I just thought that it was pretty funny (and ironic). How about Smyth running into Anderson today... "Hey buddy, how's it going?". "Good. Good. By the way, thanks for running me over with your car 20 years ago." "No sweat, have fun on the Island."

Had anyone else heard about this?

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
I just read a story as to when Ryan Smyth was a stick-boy for the Oilers (I'm guessing around 9 or 10 years old), Glenn Anderson ran him over with his car.

Something about Smyth going down to tie his shoe and Anderson backed right over Smyth leaving tire marks on his shirt.

I couldn't stop laughing. I just thought that it was pretty funny (and ironic). How about Smyth running into Anderson today... "Hey buddy, how's it going?". "Good. Good. By the way, thanks for running me over with your car 20 years ago." "No sweat, have fun on the Island."

Is there a point to this ? is this meant to be a fun post ?

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Chill Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post

Yes it is very true! This story was huge when Sather Drafted him in Edmonton - how Sather and Ryan's Pops are golfing partners and what not, and the fact that an Oiler Great hit him with his car, that it was only faith that he got drafter by the Oil....

Chill Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:19 PM
doublechili

vCash: 600
Young Smyth's hair cushioned the blow from the car. The mullet saved his life. That's why he won't let it go.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Maybe that's why he skates like he's got a bumper up his butt.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 08:23 PM
DousedInOil

Yeah the story goes that from that moment on thats when he knew that he wanted to be an edmonton oiler.. but we all know how that turned out.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote