HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The official 2007 Habs board mock draft (2 rounds)

Old
05-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

vCash: 500
The official 2007 Habs board mock draft (2 rounds)

1.You will have 24 hours to make each selection. Please try to take less time. We should try to get atleast 5 picks done each day. I'll just say 24 hours to play safe and so people don't complain if they miss their pick

2.If you know that you will not be able to make a selection come the time. Please PM me a list of players and I'll choose the 1st player available on your list.

3.If you run out of time and don't make your pick, the rest of the "gm's" in the draft will decide as a group and make the pick for you.

4.No trades allowed.

5.If you guys don't mind, please PM the guy who is after you (after you make your pick) so he knows that he's up in the draft.

6.Be realistic guys..that means no stupid picks if you picked a team that you hate.

A note to everyone - make sure you know that you'll be able to make the picks. If you want to sign up please be an active enough poster.

Anaheim - Taupy
Atlanta - buddahsmoka1
Boston - Chiram
Buffalo - WeThreeKings
Calgary - Top Corner2
Carolina - Jeffrey
Chicago - WildThing24
Colorado - cjbhab
Columbus - newfiehabsfan
Dallas - Talent Analyst
Detroit - Soldat Samsonov
Edmonton - Ford Prefect
Florida - C-Saku Koivu MTL
Los Angeles - Montreal Russians
Minnesota - Freaky Habs Fan
Montreal - Habsfan18
Nashville - JMMR
New Jersey - Watsatheo
NYI - Kostitsyn46
NYR - Tricolore#20
Ottawa - Whitesnake
Philadelphia - Marc the Habs Fan
Phoenix - kostitsyn1489
Pittsburgh - Team_Spirit
San Jose - stick side
St.Louis - MarkovForNorris
Tampa Bay - Samuehl habs
Toronto - brownman
Vancouver - Le depisteur
Washington - Garo

---------------------------------------

The order of the 1st round will be...

1.Chicago - Patrick Kane
"We chose Patrick because we thought that he fit the profile of the player we needed, a small but steady and complete forward with good offensive ability, who could complement Jonathan Toews in the future."

2.Philadelphia - Kyle Turris
''We really like Kyle because he's a talented kid who has shown an ability to completely take over games offensively while still be a good 2-way player. We will let him properly develop at Wisconsin as he needs to add some weight to his thin frame.''

3.Phoenix - James VanRiemsdyk
"It's been a hard choice between him and Voracek but i think VanRiemsdyk is more of a fit for Mueller. Alzner was considered but we are already good at defence with Jovanovski who signed a long term contract and Ballard and Michalek are young."

4.LA - Jakub Voracek
"Voracek will add an all around player to our lineup and mesh well with Michael Cammalleri and Anze Kopitar"

5.Washington - Sam Gagner
"We feel that Gagner is an impressive playmaking center who will fit perfectly between our young snipers, giving us an promising 2nd powerplay unit in the process."

6.Edmonton - Alexei Cherapanov
"This decision comes down to whether the team should draft the BPA or draft positionally where they need the most help. In the end they go for the best pure offensive player in the draft."

7.Columbus - Karl Alzner
"We felt Karl is the right fit hes a big rugged skilled d-man.We need more help on d with Foote getting older there not anyone is our system who can come on d and make an impact we hope that will happen for Karl."

8.Boston - Keaton Ellerby
"We're very happy to have Ellerby in our ranks now, to bolster our blueline on the prospect side. He's exactly the kind of defenseman we like, and with him, Chara, Mark Stuart, Lashoff and Alberts, opposing forwards will have to keep their heads up when they enter our zone in the future."

9.St.Louis - Logan Couture
"At this point, it just feels to the Blues scouting staff as though Couture is the BPA... St. Louis does have a strong crop of forwards, but they couldn't afford to pass up on Couture because of his potential to be a very solid all-around player at the NHL level."

10.Florida - Angelo Esposito
"We feel he is the BPA at that spot with the potential to be a impact player. We see him has a LW more so than a center. We have the centers to support a talent like Esposito and with J.Martin we are confident he will reach his potential."

11.Carolina - Kevin Shattenkirk
"He's a higly skilled defenseman and fit perfectly the highly offensive hurricanes type of play. He also could play early in his career since the Canes are getting older on defense."

12.Montreal - Jonathan Blum
"Jonathan is a highly skilled right handed defenseman who we feel is not that far away from the NHL. We are very impressed with his mental toughness, which is a huge part of his game. He always remains calm and focused, like Andrei Markov. He is a very strong skater and can pass the puck very well."

13.Toronto - Zach Hamill
"We the Leafs needed an offensive-minded forward prospect to compliment the likes of other prospects in our system, such as Jiri Tlusty, and wingers Robbie Earl and Nikolai Kulemin. With impressive totals this year playing for Everett, Zach has proven he has quite the skillset. But can he do it all without Mueller? We think yes, he is his own player creating his own chances. A bit small, the new NHL allows for players this size to flourish and we think we have nabbed a superb player."

14.Colorado - Maxim Mayorov
"We feel he is the most talented player available at the time."

15.Edmonton (from Islanders) - Ryan McDonagh

16.Anaheim (from Tampa) - Mikael Backlund

17.New York Rangers - Colton Gillies
"We believe that Colton is a tremendous talent, who combines size and power to create a menacing package, much like his uncle, Clark Gillis. We feel that he is a little bit of a project considering his skating ability, which has been questioned at times, but given his physical tools, we feel that we can mould him into an effective second line centre who gives opposing defenders more than they can handle. Size at the center-ice position never hurts, and his entire package is something that we couldn't give up at this time."

18.Calgary - Thomas Hickey
"We feel that it's about time we caught up with the new generation. Our organization is deep in hard nosed players but we need a slick puck moving D-man to compliment our hard D and create the extra offense that is needed."

19.Minnesota - Patrick White
"His shot is great, his release is fast, his shot is deadly accurate. Add to that good skating, good two way game, and you have a complete player. Will need time to reach the NHL, but he’ll be a good one."

20.Pittsburgh - Lars Eller

21.Phoenix (from Dallas) - Ian Cole
"We think Ian Cole is one of the best defencemen in this draft and could be just as good as anybody else in the draft. We looked at him all season long but late in the season especially after the U-18 he was our guy. He's been outstanding and he can play very well at both end of the ice. He can hurt with his physical game just as much as with his deadly wrist shot."

22.St.Louis (from Atlanta) - David Perron
"Perron possesses incredible offensive skills... the potential and the tools are there for him to be a big-time point producer at any level."

23.Philadelphia (from Nashville) - Bill Sweatt
''After taking a bit of a gamble on Turris at 2nd overall, we are more than happy to pick a player like Sweatt this late in the first round. Billy's an excellent skater with great hockey sense and solid offensive skills. He's a safe prospect and there's nothing about that. He's also a LW, which is a position of need for the Flyers organization.''

24.Vancouver - Nick Petrecki

25.St.Louis (from NJ/SJ) - Mark Katic
"The Blues like Katic's mobility, as he is one of the best pure skaters in the draft."

26.Montreal (from San Jose) - Oscar Moller
"Oscar is a player with good hockey sense and puck skills. He reminds many of Zach Hamill. We like the fact that he came over and played in NA this season"

27.Florida (from Detroit) - Brandon Sutter
"We feel he is the best player available at this point. Brandon is a hard working kid with very good potential on offence. He is a guy that can bring more to the table than offence and can be a very usefull player down the road. we are very happy to get him that late in the 1st round."

28.Ottawa - Brett MacLean
"A pick that not only was the BPA for us but fills a need as far as the wingers we have already in our prospect pool. A left winger who shoots right, (and did play on the right wing on some occasions) a safe and solid prospect with a great 2-way game and a strong work ethic, what's not to love!"

29.Edmonton (from Anaheim) - Alex Plante

30.Washington (from Buffalo) - Simon Hjalmarsson
"At this pick, selecting an hard worker, talented sniper is more than we hoped for."

For the 2nd round we'll just go by regular season point standings.

31.Philadelphia - Max Pacioretty
''After those dirty Caps stole Hjarlmarsson right before us, we were really peeved off. We decided to take a bit of a gamble on Max Pac. He is a big forward with a lot of speed and solid offensive skills. Some compare him to Erik Cole.''

32.Pheonix - Sergei Korostin
"Korostin was ranked as one of the top players in this year draft but falled in the ranking all season long. We dont think he lost all his ability and that with some ice time and some years to polish his all-around game he might become one of the top players in this years draft. His speed and tremendous skill set will make Korostin a threat everytime he is on the ice."

33.LA - Dana Tyrell
"We strongly believe that under our young team Dana will develop the right way. We will not be asking him to be a huge contributor right away. However with time we believe he could turn out to be a player in the mold of Brendan Morrow. Marc Crawford will be a very good teacher for him and we are extremely pleased with this pick."

34.Washington - Tommy Cross

35.Chicago - Kevin Veilleux

36.Edmonton - Luca Cunti

37.Columbus - Michael Repik

38.Boston - Akim Aliu
''We take a chance on Akim, cause while he may have a bad rap (somewhat justified with what he did with his team), we still think there's a big upside in him.''

39.St.Louis - Stefan Legein
The Blues think he is one the hardest-working players in the draft. Even though he's on the small side, he owns the offensive skill and the all-around game to be a top-6 forward one day.

40.Florida - James O'Brien
We believe James has the potential to become a complete player once he fill out. He is still very raw but with his great hockey sense and skills, we believe we have a real player here that will develope fine and become a force for us down the road.

41.Carolina - Joakim Andersson

42.Montreal - Maxime Tanguay
"Max is a skilled kid and has a high level of hockey sense, like his brother Alex. He was a point per game player on a weak Rimouski team last season."

43.Toronto - Joel Gistedt

44.NYI - Logan MacMillan

45.Tampa Bay - Jens Hellgren

46.NYR - Nichlas Torp
"Although he had injuries troubles this year, Torp has always been highly regarded as a junior in Sweden. We feel that in the NHL nowadays, Torp is the type of defenseman that will become extremely valued. He plays a good offensive game, and is physical enough to handle the forwards of the NHL. He'll fit in well with the Rangers in 2 to 3 years time."

47.Colorado - Nick Ross
"We are very high on Nick, he is a very good puck moving defensemen who is awesome defensively and can lay the body. We look forward to seeing him in Denver a couple years."

48.Calgary - Riley Nash
"This is another guy that we feel will help us catch up with the tendencies of the new NHL. We think Riley is a diamond in the rough that would have been drafted much higher if he was playing in the OHL. Riley is a speedy centre with nice hands and nice play making ability. We feel he will develop into an excellent two way player with time."

49.Atlanta - Spencer Machacek
"We feel that we are weak in the forward area, and we think he will translate into a solid two way forward."

50.Minnesota - Jeremy Smith
"We can't believe that he wasn't picked sooner as he's the best goaltender of the draft, and he could turn out to be a good one. Might not be far into his development, and might not have gamebreaking abilities like the other goaltenders of the past draft, but he still has potential."

51.Pittsburgh - Mike Hoeffel
''The selection was easy once we found out he was still avalaible at #50''

52.Ottawa - T.J Gagliardi

53.Vancouver - Colby Cohen

54.New Jersey - Ted Ruth
"Excellent stay at home defenseman who will succeed because of his defensive ability. Lacks offensive awareness and ability. Decent size, 6'1 200 pounds, and speed, very consistent. Doesn't make many mistakes. Can lay out hits. Okay first pass. Good character and work ethic. Great leader. Solid player that should have a long career in the NHL."

55.Dallas - J.T. Brennan

56.San Jose - Alexander Killorn
"We are happy to find Alex this late in the draft, as we were expecting him to be picked much sooner. We feel he is a guy who would have gone much higher in this draft had he been playing in a league with more exposure. Alex is a big, skilled forward who skates well and does not shy away from physical play. He is committed to Harvard for the 2008-2009 season. We see him fitting into our system in a few years time."

57.Anaheim - Zach Torquato
He jumped on a new team at the beginning of the year, and I think he responded well with that team. We will let him complete his junior years cause we want to see him be a leader and lead his team, like we think he can do.

58.Nashville - Antoine Lafleur

59.Detroit
60.Buffalo

Last edited by Habsfan18: 05-24-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

the Habs board is really quiet when they don't play lol

Old
05-05-2007, 01:02 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

I wouldn't mind a mock! Im in for it! we should try and organize it.

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
I wouldn't mind a mock! Im in for it! we should try and organize it.
alright, what team would you like?

I call Habs

Old
05-05-2007, 01:09 PM
kostitsyn1489

I'll go with Phoenix Coyotes. They have 2 1st rounder and well I manage this team in a hockey sim for 3 years i think...

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

if anyone knows what to do about the order just let me know.

Any corrections that need to be made just let me know.

I'll put up the 2nd round order soon.

Old
05-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

first come first serve for teams.

Also, if you guys want to help me decide the rules go right ahead. (how long a person should have to pick, etc..)

Old
05-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Canadienjet

Ill take Columbus.

Canadienjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 01:27 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

I'm in. I'll do the Blues.

didjuicythat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 01:27 PM
LamborGREENie

I'll take Chicago...

LamborGREENie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 01:35 PM
brownman*

Leafs

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

how does the 1st round order look guys? Does it need changing?

And what about the 2nd round?

Old
05-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Garo

I'll take Washington.

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
I'll take Philadelphia

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Ford Prefect

I'll take Edmonton. Are we allowed trades in this or what?

Ford Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Ill take LA

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
I'll take Edmonton. Are we allowed trades in this or what?
that's something we'll have to decide.

I'd appreciate some help from other posters with the order of selection, rules..etc.

Old
05-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Ford Prefect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
that's something we'll have to decide.

I'd appreciate some help from other posters with the order of selection, rules..etc.
Dude, it's your draft, it's your rules. People don't like what you propose they can start their own or join another. When you start making decisions by committee, nothing gets done. People start arguing over hte most frivilous things and the draft gets delayed or disrupted and ultimately no one enjoys it. We need solid leadership son, I'm sure you'll do great!

Ford Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
Dude, it's your draft, it's your rules. People don't like what you propose they can start their own or join another. When you start making decisions by committee, nothing gets done. People start arguing over hte most frivilous things and the draft gets delayed or disrupted and ultimately no one enjoys it. We need solid leadership son, I'm sure you'll do great!
lol, yeah but I don't want it to be "my draft", it's the Habs board draft

We'll figure out the rules whenever we have everyone on board.

Does 2 rounds sound good to you guys? I'm feeling 2 rounds is good..not too long but not too short either. We could do 3 rounds if you guys feel everyone will be active enough.

What shall we do for the second round order?

Old
05-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Leafs
I don't trust you one bit.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Tricolore#20

I'll take the Rangers.

As for how to do the draft, I think trades shouldn't be allowed, because they aren't real, and would throw the draft order out of whack. For the second round, maybe we could go just by regular season standings (pick 60 goes to the Sabres).

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 02:07 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

I will take Florida.

BTW I don't think Florida has Detroit 1st. Bertuzzi was not traded for a 1st.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I'll take the Rangers.

As for how to do the draft, I think trades shouldn't be allowed, because they aren't real, and would throw the draft order out of whack. For the second round, maybe we could go just by regular season standings (pick 60 goes to the Sabres).
that's a good idea.

What do you think of the 1st round order though? Does it look ok?

Old
05-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL View Post
I will take Florida.

BTW I don't think Florida has Detroit 1st. Bertuzzi was not traded for a 1st.
I thought they got the 1st because Detroit made it past the 1st round. I could be wrong though.

Old
05-05-2007, 02:12 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

I think it was a conitional pick that could go not higher than 2nd. i think they get a 2nd next year too. would need to double check.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote