HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Mr. Invisible - Petr Prucha

Old
05-05-2007, 02:49 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
You guys are seriously looking at stats way too much. Cullen-Callahan-Prucha has looked very good for much of this series. I know they're not scoring, but they're skating hard and getting a lot of chances, hitting, and playing the energy role. You guys need to get away from that stats department, there are other roles that need to be filled and I feel that this line has been very good.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 02:53 PM
McRanger

If Prucha doesnt produce then he's not of much use, since hes not big or good defensively. Still he managed 22 goals in 79 games while seeing his ice time fluxuate. Add that to the fact that he missed a dozen open nets and flubbed dozens of shots. He ever learns to stay on his feet, stop spazzing out and finish he will be deadly for years to come.

The one thing that kills me about Prucha (aside from his spastic nature) is how ugly his shot it. He looks like hes taking a drunken golf swing...

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 02:58 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

yeah personally i ve never liked prucha

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 05:19 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
The one thing that kills me about Prucha (aside from his spastic nature) is how ugly his shot it. He looks like hes taking a drunken golf swing...
That's only when he takes one timers. I don't understand it much either. I remember a couple games ago when he took that shot that Jagr almost scored on, beautiful slapper and miller couldn't handle it. The kid's got an amazing wrister as we all remember last year when he was on the left boards and he hit the top left corner of the net with an absolute rocket on brodeur and he didn't see it coming.

Too bad he seems to play this roll of being in front of the net all the time instead of a roll where he can get that open pass and use his shot.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Avery Ranger Fan

We've come to like prucha because he plays hard and tries to do well. But he's just not a good finisher, he seems to always be off-balance and misses the net alot when taking a shot which is kinda fustrating ..If he could ever overcome that, I think we will have the player we always hoped for cause his desire is there.

Avery Ranger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I want to see Shanny in place of Prucha on that line. Cullen and Callahan move the puck, skate fast, hit people, create chances.

What does Shanny do? He finishes.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I'll bet Prucha is distracted with a lot of women throwing themselves at him. He may be caught up in the whole NY scene ala Murdoch.

I'm serious.

Old
05-05-2007, 07:35 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinNJ View Post
I'll bet Prucha is distracted with a lot of women throwing themselves at him. He may be caught up in the whole NY scene ala Murdoch.

I'm serious.
Then Renney needs to tell him no sax before game

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:

I'm serious.
Or he may just be too small to be effective in the NHL?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 08:39 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
So, does he show up for a game this playoffs?

He's done zero for the team, 1 assist in 9 games? He's had plenty of time with Jagr on the PP as well (not recently though thankfully).

Cullen and Callahan are doing good out there and Prucha is just bringing the line down.

If there is one glaring thing i've noticed with Prucha over his 2 years is that he has a horrible confidence problem. When he doesn't have confidence he doesn't do anything...and it takes him awhile to get it back.

Sure we all love him..but fact is he hasn't helped the team in the playoffs.
Prucha constantly misses the net

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 08:41 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
I want to see Shanny in place of Prucha on that line. Cullen and Callahan move the puck, skate fast, hit people, create chances.

What does Shanny do? He finishes.
I would like to see Dawes instead of Prucha on that line. See if we can get some of that roookie magic, as Prucha has clearly lost his touch

Old
05-05-2007, 08:42 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
It has very little to do with height. It has to do with that he can't finish. He needs to relax and get his shots on net

Old
05-05-2007, 08:44 PM
XploD

THANK YOU for this thread. Now he'll score 2 at the Garden, that's just how it works in this world.

XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Jackson Ranger

That line and their play is the least of the Ranger worries. IMO, they are the only line that is generating offense from an effective forecheck, playing smart hockey (any penalties on these guys?) and they are also quick to get the puck out of the defensive zone.

OK, they aren't finishing but give them a chance. Two youngsters and a guy who is a third line center, jeez, give em a break.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
It has very little to do with height. It has to do with that he can't finish. He needs to relax and get his shots on net
It has nothing to do with height (I don't even think Prucha is short) but everything to do with weight. You will not see Dawes or Bourret get tossed around like he does because they are stocky and have their legs under them. It's starting to become clear that he is too light to make it consistently...

Old
05-05-2007, 09:29 PM
brainfreeze3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
So, does he show up for a game this playoffs?

He's done zero for the team, 1 assist in 9 games? He's had plenty of time with Jagr on the PP as well (not recently though thankfully).

Cullen and Callahan are doing good out there and Prucha is just bringing the line down.

If there is one glaring thing i've noticed with Prucha over his 2 years is that he has a horrible confidence problem. When he doesn't have confidence he doesn't do anything...and it takes him awhile to get it back.

Sure we all love him..but fact is he hasn't helped the team in the playoffs.

I agree with you entirely FLY. Good post

brainfreeze3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm telling you: Shanny with Cullen and Callahan = 2 goals against Miller

Old
05-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
I'm telling you: Shanny with Cullen and Callahan = 2 goals against Miller
I'm not against this line being reunited but who plays on the third line?

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 07:48 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery Ranger Fan View Post
We've But he's just not a good finisher, he seems to always be off-balance and misses the net alot when taking a shot which is kinda fustrating ..If he could ever overcome that, I think we will have the player we always hoped for cause his desire is there.
Yeah....those 50 goals in his first two years are certainly signs of not being a finisher.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 07:51 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Another gem. Do you recall the last Ranger to score 50 goals in his first two years? That's more than Gomez, Elias, Gionta or Parise. If his goal scoring is a sign that he is too small to be effective in the NHL, then I guess Jessiman is too big to be effective in the NHL?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Fletch

The line is not working...

they're skating hard and playing hard, but there is no size on that line and they're having trouble getting quality chances. Cullen has two PP assists and Callahan has zero points against Buffalo - it's not just Petr. I had mentioned this before and thought Hossa and Prucha should flip as Hossa wasn't getting much done with Jagr anyways and the big body may be helpful to the third line. But then again, the offense against Buff has been anemic. 9 goals in 5 games? Where's Nylander? What about Avery? He seems to have shown up in only one game thus far.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Garv23

Am I watching the wrong series? I've thought Prucha, Cullen, Calahan have been consistantly tough. Unfortunately they haven't put up points but they've certainly gotten their chances. Today is their day!

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Smashley

God forbid someone doesn't hit the net in the last X number of days...Prucha is not wearing a poncho of invisibility.

Pounce kitties pounce!

Gimmie a break. If anything blame it on Jagr kicking him out of the house.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Ola

Fly- Good post!

Its a bit worriesome. Prucha was heading in the right direction there for a while, looking better and better.

But, there are so many aspects right now that he handled so much better before.

Like if a get a scoring chance, its like he always trys to shoot the puck through goalie and the net, which ends up with him always getting blocked. Last season he solved the situation. If he could shoot he took it, but if there was guys infront of the net he stickhandled, if he had a bad angle he played it smart and put a soft shot out of reach for the goalie. A typical example is that bouncing puck in game 5 where he threw himself and tryed a slap shot in the air, Miller was out of the net and a soft one would have been enough. On the stickhandling part, I think I've seen him make one move this PO's. He isn't a player who should seek to stickhandle past players, it isn't his strength, though a strength of his have always been to make the perfect decisions, if a shot is gooing to get blocked, its atleast better to try to stickhandle, he did it last season and pulled of some heck of a moves once in a while, this season he almost never trys it.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Yeah....those 50 goals in his first two years are certainly signs of not being a finisher.
He is not a "finisher," but the ultimate "garbage goaler." As quickly as those goals have come, they can go away as we see with an 8 goal decline already. I think that's just the beginning of his struggles. He is not a good stickhandler, and he does not have good vision for the net as evidenced by hundreds of his shots being blocked. Not to mention he is a grade A liability in the defensive zone. At some point, I'd like to have guys with skill and not just fall back on "well, atleast the guy tries hard."

Callahan is already a better NHL player, regardless if Prucha has 48 more career goals than him.