HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Can't let go: Primeau

Old
05-04-2007, 12:25 PM
jb**

vCash: 500
i give rod much bcredit, when he first went to the canes he looked done, was no where near the player he is today from a few years ago. the canes wanted to move him but he was makign a lot of money. then he found something. the premise of the trade was to have lindros and primeau down the was a good plan that never really was executed. sure the trade looks bad btu at the time was good for both teams.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 01:22 PM
tytech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerman29us View Post
i heard some stupid rumor that lindros had and affair with brind'amour's wife.. i dunno lol.. i thought thats y he left or something along that line???
I heard the same thing. I had heard that when Brind'Amour found out he beat Eric down pretty good. Not that I don't see that happening. While Eric probably tough, Brind 'Amour is a ripped beast and was a fair bit older too.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 09:06 PM
PhillyPhantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech View Post
Completely disagree. We had Lindros, Leclair, Gratton etc. Brind'Amour wasn't playing the minutes he has in Carolina. Primeau was nothing when he first joined Philly. He was behind so many players. Eventually after Leclair's injuries and Lindros's trade, Primeau was looked upon to lead and failed miserably. In that same scenario, if Lindros and Leclair fell apart and Brind 'Amour was put into the same scenario as Primeau, he would have done much better.

IMO of course.
Hmmm? Where you there when the captaincy was pass to Desjardins? Or would you rather forget the 2001 season altogether? IMO Primeau did a good job.

PhillyPhantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 09:12 PM
PhillyPhantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech View Post
I heard the same thing. I had heard that when Brind'Amour found out he beat Eric down pretty good. Not that I don't see that happening. While Eric probably tough, Brind 'Amour is a ripped beast and was a fair bit older too.
Hahaha I remember hearing something about that too... it's funny because there are really concrete evidence about it. I remember that someone on the Phantom hit Lindros for getting around or something.

PhillyPhantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 12:03 AM
McNasty

Actually I think they traded Rod before he could beat Lindros, but Tocchet was the one who beat the **** out of him for Brindy.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote