HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Fans

Old
05-06-2007, 03:52 PM
The Fuhr*

vCash: 500
Rangers Fans

WOW, the chanting at the end of the game for the Rangers. That was so cool, everyone staying, standing and clapping.

Truly amazing.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post

WOW, the chanting at the end of the game for the Rangers. That was so cool, everyone staying, standing and clapping.

Truly amazing.
That's because we've a long, long play off drought. We appreciate every play off game that comes our way. The last 10 years have taught us not to take anything for granted.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 03:58 PM
SaintRon

Classy as usual. Hats off to the Rangers pushing the Sabres more than I (and they) expected.

SaintRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 04:14 PM
NYRSinceBirth

I'm proud of this Ranger team. Look at how tightly they played the best team in the league, and a serious team effort. Future looks bright, but damn I would have like to beat those crybaby's upstate.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 04:15 PM
blotsfan

Good series Rangers. You really topped most's expectations (mine included). Im scared to see Lundquist in 2-3 years.

blotsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 04:16 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by blotsfan View Post
Good series Rangers. You really topped most's expectations (mine included). Im scared to see Lundquist in 2-3 years.
See him at the end of the game? Man, you would think he COST us the game, he's almost too hard on himself. Time to root for the only remaining original 6 team left, Red Wings '07.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

vCash: 50
Devil fan here but, I come in peace good season guys you've been rewarded for your loyalty. You deserve a good team I don't mind the Rangers being good its great for hockey in general and for the metro area rivals. Hope the Rangers stay competive as long as my Devils are a little better.

Lou's Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 04:29 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou's Koolaid View Post
Devil fan here but, I come in peace good season guys you've been rewarded for your loyalty. You deserve a good team I don't mind the Rangers being good its great for hockey in general and for the metro area rivals. Hope the Rangers stay competive as long as my Devils are a little better.
Thanks for the words. Good to see you guys get your new arena as well. Metro area hockey forever.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Speedtrials

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
See him at the end of the game? Man, you would think he COST us the game, he's almost too hard on himself. Time to root for the only remaining original 6 team left, Red Wings '07.
I was thinking the same thing. The guy should be proud of his efforts and performance, but we know intense Hank is, and I think it will take him a while to get over this. And I think the fans at MSG spoke for every Ranger fan today. Great job by them.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Thanks for the words. Good to see you guys get your new arena as well. Metro area hockey forever.
Thanks we'll see at the "ROCK" I'll ecspect to see more Ranger fans coming over from NYC. When the Devils played the Rangers at the CAA the parking lot was still full of N.J plates with Rangers fans coming out of those cars.

Old
05-06-2007, 04:43 PM
danno2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou's Koolaid View Post
Thanks we'll see at the "ROCK" I'll ecspect to see more Ranger fans coming over from NYC. When the Devils played the Rangers at the CAA the parking lot was still full of N.J plates with Rangers fans coming out of those cars.
I will definitely be taking the PATH train out there next season

Old
05-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

Quote:
Thought so.

Old
05-06-2007, 04:55 PM
MayDay

Quote:
Same for us Sabres fans who happen to be living in NYC. I'll definitely take the PATH train out for some games, even though I never went to the CAA.

As for the Ranger fans, it was a great series. Lundqvist is a great 'tender, and you have bright future ahead of you.

MayDay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 04:59 PM
yarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
Is there a youtube on it? I turned off too early.

yarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 05:12 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Yeah, great job again by the Rangers recognizing another step for this francise...

Also, I want to thank everyone in here for my pretty much my first full season of hanging around every day, every game. It was fun, we had our moments of excitement and panicing. What a rollercoaster ride. It's nice to be able to share it with really passionate Ranger fans - every night when there aren't too many people i know who are into it as much as myself... It was a good year overall and we are progressing.

Thanks goes to the mods for their hard work this year and setting things straight when they needed to be so we have the cool and intellectual environment we all love.

After we all dissect the conclusion of the best sports tournament in the world, we can turn the page on the season and talk about what this site and forum was originally designed for ... THE DRAFT.

Looking forward to it.

Heres to a great season - to everyone at the HF Rangers board.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 06:40 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post

Truly amazing.
Is there a video of this anywhere?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I was at game 6, and I have never seen the Garden like that. I was also at game 5(?) of the Plyers series in '97 and the mood was much different then. In '97 knew that was the end for a long time, in '07 I truly believe the fans were cheering the future.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 09:37 PM
danno2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
I was at game 6, and I have never seen the Garden like that. I was also at game 5(?) of the Plyers series in '97 and the mood was much different then. In '97 knew that was the end for a long time, in '07 I truly believe the fans were cheering the future.
Well said.

That's the impression I got as well. In 1997 during the Devils series, the Garden was absolutely insane..but it was kind of like a "remember 1994, let's do it one more time" kind of atmosphere. There was nowhere else for that team to go but down. This was totally different - even at Game 4..kind of like an "Only the Beginning" feeling towards everything.