Raiders vs Wheat Kings

Old
03-25-2007, 12:27 PM
allin4466

vCash: 500
Raiders vs Wheat Kings

I can pretty much sum up my observations of this series thus far as

Jesse Deckert.. WOW

I have never seen a goalie keep his team in a game like that before(he did it both nights). Christ, even against a guy like Carey Price or Irving I'd have to imaging brandon would have had 5 or 6 last night, its just sick how good Deckert has been playing, and his puck handling is another huge asset, I can't beleive PA cut him at the start of the year..

allin4466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466 View Post
I can pretty much sum up my observations of this series thus far as

Jesse Deckert.. WOW

I have never seen a goalie keep his team in a game like that before(he did it both nights). Christ, even against a guy like Carey Price or Irving I'd have to imaging brandon would have had 5 or 6 last night, its just sick how good Deckert has been playing, and his puck handling is another huge asset, I can't beleive PA cut him at the start of the year..
Reminds me of Harding for Regina the year before we got him.........he totally held them in the series but it still only went 5 games I think...........Finally WK's blew through tonight and smoked Deckert for 7 goals..........Gauthier ran Plante got a 5 and a game and will be reviewed by the league apparently..........would like to know if anyone saw this and what it looked like?

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
It wasnt that bad but of course Gauthier runs Plante when Yeo is on the ice playing with a cast and cannot fight

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 01:57 PM
WesternEliteHockeyPr

maybe

Plante was yapping or sticked a Raider player and Gauthier wouldn't put up with it and Brandon *****'d out and couldn't do anything about it in a physical way. That is something that won't get the Wheaties past MH or CAL in the next round.

WesternEliteHockeyPr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 04:30 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHL Follower View Post
Plante was yapping or sticked a Raider player and Gauthier wouldn't put up with it and Brandon *****'d out and couldn't do anything about it in a physical way. That is something that won't get the Wheaties past MH or CAL in the next round.
That's pretty unlikely. Gauthier plays his goon role well. Bdn is very passive (too passive) but Erb, Louis or Jeffries wouldn't wimp out from cobfonting Gauthier if required

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 06:04 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Gauthier would pound Yeo anyways I have to think.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Yeo doesn't lose many fights, i think it would be an even match....

Old
03-31-2007, 02:05 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
would be very surprised if he pounded him.......maybe right now with the playing cast.......but likely not without it......close fight but this just shows how underrated a fighter yeo is.

Old
03-31-2007, 02:07 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
well we wont play MH next round so im not to worried about that at this point........as for Calgary we would have home ice against them and are as good as it gets on home ice so ill take my chances on them....not to mention our offence and goaltending is better.

Old
04-01-2007, 09:56 AM
sbtatter

Predictable result

No surprise here, only surprise was how well Deckert played. PA will be a lot better next year, we'll be a lot worse!! One of these years they'll beat us in the playoffs...

Old
04-01-2007, 03:15 PM
allin4466

Quote:
Brandon is tough, but passive, but Im pretty sure if you really provoked them, you wouldn't want to look up when your lining up for a faceoff and see Reaves, Klinkhammer, Jeffries, Louis and Aulie out there

Old
04-03-2007, 04:56 AM
nuckfan insk

gauthier and yeo would be pretty darn even. and i a raider fan saying that. as far as gauthier running plante. he was just trying to spark his team a bit and initiate a scrum. he had pinched up in the play and that is why he was up there. in all honesty plante milked it and if hockey doesnt pan out might have a career acting. the amount of force that he was bumped with would be on par with me throwing a pillow 20 feet away.
dumb thing to do yes. did anyone answer the bell ? no did gauthier deserve a penalty ? damn rights (a 2 min minor) in no way shape or form should it have been 5 and a game nor should it have got a 2 game suspension. it was a joke

and as far as yeo with his cast...well it didnt stop him from jumping john flatters, who somehow got 4 min and yeo only 2. when yeo initiated and had a cast on (isnt that illegal ?)

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 08:24 AM
sbtatter

Gauthier plays like an idiot, just like Day did. Yeo can't fight at the moment, just like Dorsett can't. Fans in PA might like Gauthier, but make no mistake, his stupid play on Plante was the turning point of the game, and ultimately the series...he needs to learn when and where to goon it up...

Old
04-14-2007, 05:28 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
Gauthier plays like an idiot, just like Day did. Yeo can't fight at the moment, just like Dorsett can't. Fans in PA might like Gauthier, but make no mistake, his stupid play on Plante was the turning point of the game, and ultimately the series...he needs to learn when and where to goon it up...
The kid was frustrated, and looked to spark his team. I wouldnt call it a stupid play - at least he showed emotion, if any of the other Raiders did they may still be in the series.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 12:39 PM
allin4466

Quote:
The kid was frustrated, and looked to spark his team. I wouldnt call it a stupid play - at least he showed emotion, if any of the other Raiders did they may still be in the series.
It was stupid, just like when he tried to kill dittmer with an elbow with a few games left in the regular season

Old
04-26-2007, 02:15 AM
nuckfan insk

Quote:
Originally Posted by allin4466 View Post
It was stupid, just like when he tried to kill dittmer with an elbow with a few games left in the regular season
im sure the fact that dittmer only comes up to gauthiers elbow doesnt hurt that now does it.

Old
04-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Vik

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannoabram View Post
im sure the fact that dittmer only comes up to gauthiers elbow doesnt hurt that now does it.
It's one thing to hit a guy with an elbow, it's an entirely different thing to elbow him.

Vik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 04:23 AM
nuckfan insk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik View Post
It's one thing to hit a guy with an elbow, it's an entirely different thing to elbow him.
true very true. but it doesnt matter what really happens just the opinion of the referee, or the person who influences the refferee (mcrimmon)

Old
04-27-2007, 08:35 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
true very true. but it doesnt matter what really happens just the opinion of the referee, or the person who influences the refferee (mcrimmon)
danno, you've got to let it go man! First of all, Brandon get just as many horrible calls against them as they do for them, trust me, I see them all the time. We're all biased and think our team is getting the short end of the stick, but the reality is, everything evens out over the season. Sure Mcrimmon talks to the refs, but lots of coaches do, check out Kisio as another example. Don't be bitter towards coaches who are just taking advantage of the rules.
To be honest, Gauthier affected the outcome of the series more than Mcrimmon by taking the bone headed penalty on Plante....thank God he had that brain fade b/c otherwise we were in tough up in PA....

Old
05-07-2007, 07:03 AM
nuckfan insk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
danno, you've got to let it go man! First of all, Brandon get just as many horrible calls against them as they do for them, trust me, I see them all the time. We're all biased and think our team is getting the short end of the stick, but the reality is, everything evens out over the season. Sure Mcrimmon talks to the refs, but lots of coaches do, check out Kisio as another example. Don't be bitter towards coaches who are just taking advantage of the rules.
To be honest, Gauthier affected the outcome of the series more than Mcrimmon by taking the bone headed penalty on Plante....thank God he had that brain fade b/c otherwise we were in tough up in PA....
honest question stbatter, i'll ask and be suprised to hear an honest answer but do you in anyway think that gauthiers bump on plante wasnt milked ? do you really think it was worth 5 and a game ? and was it really worth a 2 game suspension ?
if yeo or kohn had made that hit on deckert they would not have gotten a 5 min major nevermind a 2 game suspension.

Old
05-07-2007, 03:35 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
honest question stbatter, i'll ask and be suprised to hear an honest answer but do you in anyway think that gauthiers bump on plante wasnt milked ? do you really think it was worth 5 and a game ? and was it really worth a 2 game suspension ?
if yeo or kohn had made that hit on deckert they would not have gotten a 5 min major nevermind a 2 game suspension.
Why would you be surprised to hear an honest answer from me? Just b/c we have differing views doesn't mean one of us is dishonest.
Anyway, of course Plante milked the bump, and that's why is was such a stupid thing for Gauthier to do. He know's he's got a reputation as a enforcer prone to do stupid things, so why go anywhere near the goalie (especially when you're a defenceman), you're just begging for a penalty. Same thing would happen to Theoran Yeo this year or Riley Day last year. Any enforcer would have got the same penalty and suspension. I don't think a clean player like Kohn or Boyle (or equivalent PA player) would have got a suspension. Like it or not, Yeo and Gauthier have reputations so they need to stay away from bumping goalies b/c they will get the book thrown at them by the ref. that's why i said it was a stupid play, not b/c the hit was lethal but b/c Gauthier has to know that his reputation means he gets treated harsher by the refs....so gald he had a brain cramp b/c the following powerplays handed the series to Brandon!! Not that it helped us in the long run, crashing out to the Hitmen!!

Old
05-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
If he got a 2 game suspension then it was def. justified.........the league doesnt make a habit of reviewing bad calls and then handing out a 2 game suspension to make it even worse..........if it wasnt that bad the league clearly would have left it at no suspension.