Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Martin Ylven

Old
01-08-2007, 12:24 AM
cyprusviking

vCash: 500
Martin Ylven

I was browsing through the ISS rankings for 2007 and the only Norwegian they had was Martin Ylven.
Anyone know much about him?
A brief google search had a brief mention of him in a USA today article about prospects on the rise. Seems to be a 6'2" 200 pound power forward type winger. Anything else? Anyone see him play? Any other Norwegian prospects eligible for 2007 we should know about?

cyprusviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 04:15 AM
Norseman

He moved to Sweden at the age of 15 to develop better as a hockeyplayer. He also had an offer from Red Deer Rebels before this season.

The only other player I can think of having a chance is Ken Andre Olimb, brother of Mathis Olimb who played some junior hockey in NA (Sarnia Sting). Same type of player, small that is.

Norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
yeah olimb, ylven and myself of course are the only possible players to get drafted. lol. no seriously. ylven has a very good chanse and olimb is a longshot. i have played with both of them for short periods of time. and i know them both personally.

ylven is a big power forward who loves to hit people. he is very responsible in he's own zone and is getting better offensively. projection would be a very good third liner. poor mans dustin brown.

olimb is a small playmaking forward. he's skating is ok and he's shot is also average at best, but he has excellent vision and hands. he is very good 1 on 1. he is a long shot to make the nhl, but it is possible. he's playing style is kind of like marc savard, but he will never be that good.

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 04:24 AM
Magnusson

Send a message via MSN to Magnusson
Martin Laumann-Ylvén has signed for Linköping HC, but i think i will be sent to Allsvenskan (2nd Swedish Leauge) at least for start. I hope he will develope and take a place in the team soon.

http://www.linkopinghc.com/index.php?playerid=6

Magnusson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyprusviking View Post
I was browsing through the ISS rankings for 2007 and the only Norwegian they had was Martin Ylven.
Anyone know much about him?
A brief google search had a brief mention of him in a USA today article about prospects on the rise. Seems to be a 6'2" 200 pound power forward type winger. Anything else? Anyone see him play? Any other Norwegian prospects eligible for 2007 we should know about?

Hey. martin was my friend in Norway. he is a great player, lot og talent. some other players¨:
Robin Gærup gk
Eirik Rønning D

I think that Eirik will become a star in US. if some one find him

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote