Notices

Is this board alive?

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Game 8

vCash: 50
Is this board alive?

The Flames look great, maybe for years. If the Oilers do not make the dance this year, I will be rooting for the Flames. Calgarys defence is really impressive...........

Go Flames

Old
02-16-2004, 06:28 PM
kruezer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game 8
The Flames look great, maybe for years. If the Oilers do not make the dance this year, I will be rooting for the Flames. Calgarys defence is really impressive...........

Go Flames

No, this board really isn't very alive

There sure aren't many of us Flames fans left, but its good to hear we're getting more support

Old
02-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Game 8

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
No, this board really isn't very alive

There sure aren't many of us Flames fans left, but its good to hear we're getting more support

I think they could really do some damage this year...............

All the right ingredients

Old
02-16-2004, 08:19 PM
Hydroponic Harold

You shouldnt look at it as this board is dead .Its just that Flames fans are well educated in the game and dont start threads like "whos our best 8th defenceman" or "whos better Oilwa or spacek" or ridiculous trade proposals like " duh how about we trade Martin gelinas to columbus for Nash ,Zherdev and Svitov".
The posters on the Flames sight are insightfull and analyze the game with more thought than the other team sites .Well done Flame fans .

Old
02-16-2004, 08:23 PM
icarus

This board is alive, in an artificial life kind of sense. But it doesn't seem capable of reproduction. :p

I should also point out that I asked almost exactly the same question circa 1999, and FDW directed me to Calgarypuck.com which is very much alive and IMO a good board (although some here consider it 'a gong show').

Old
02-16-2004, 09:21 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Do you know what happened to Robert Dome? He has disappeared from the Lowell roster a few months ago... Is he injuried?

Old
02-16-2004, 09:56 PM
vega007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain
Do you know what happened to Robert Dome? He has disappeared from the Lowell roster a few months ago... Is he injuried?
He is back in Europe living with his sister, apparently they're very close and his parents died last year or something. He asked the Flames to let him go back. We still own his rights.....

Old
02-16-2004, 10:06 PM
ParisSaintGermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
He is back in Europe living with his sister, apparently they're very close and his parents died last year or something. He asked the Flames to let him go back. We still own his rights.....
Oh man. Well, hope he will overcome and come back stronger from that horrible moment of life. Shame, he had a good camp and missed out to make the rosters not by much.
Thanks vega007 for answering my question.

Old
02-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Red Bull

Too bad he didn't stick around. He would have spent a lot of time with the Flames because of the injuries this year.

Old
02-21-2004, 06:18 PM
-(v)atrix-

Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus
Calgarypuck.com which is very much alive and IMO a good board (although some here consider it 'a gong show').
Calgarypuck.com is a very good site. (media from the Calgary area post on it as well, Roger Millions is one that comes to mind)

If you want to see a "gong show" head over to Calgaryflames.com message board.

Old
02-23-2004, 01:07 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by -(v)atrix-
Calgarypuck.com is a very good site. (media from the Calgary area post on it as well, Roger Millions is one that comes to mind)

If you want to see a "gong show" head over to Calgaryflames.com message board.
You have got to be kidding, what a bunch of bandwagoning morons......did you even read the NJ/Cal game thread.....and the Moderators allow that kind of stuff. HF is so so so so so much better then that joke of a site. I'm not a Calgary fan but I did have to speak up.

Old
02-23-2004, 09:11 PM
-(v)atrix-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
You have got to be kidding, what a bunch of bandwagoning morons......did you even read the NJ/Cal game thread.....and the Moderators allow that kind of stuff. HF is so so so so so much better then that joke of a site. I'm not a Calgary fan but I did have to speak up.
what was so bad about the game thread?? ( I didn't read it by the way)

How often do you frequent Calgary boards?? if your not a fan of Calgary, can i assume not much? are you sure you aren't thinking of Calgaryflames.com?

What do you mean by "bandwagoning morans" If you talking about Flames fans, they are anything but bandwagon fans. They have missed the playoffs 7 streight years and still get good crowds out to every game. ( i belive 93% capacity over that 7 year stretch of missing the playoffs, and over 90% capacity this year, with numerous sell outs)

Old
02-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by -(v)atrix-
what was so bad about the game thread?? ( I didn't read it by the way)

How often do you frequent Calgary boards?? if your not a fan of Calgary, can i assume not much? are you sure you aren't thinking of Calgaryflames.com?

What do you mean by "bandwagoning morans" If you talking about Flames fans, they are anything but bandwagon fans. They have missed the playoffs 7 streight years and still get good crowds out to every game. ( i belive 93% capacity over that 7 year stretch of missing the playoffs, and over 90% capacity this year, with numerous sell outs)
I am talking about the ones I read at calgarypuck, they curse tell people off, yell to trade Iginla, call for Ference's head, call for Sutters head ect. Read it. Calgary is also my 2nd/3rd favorite team so don't play that card on me.

Old
02-23-2004, 09:34 PM
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
I am talking about the ones I read at calgarypuck, they curse tell people off, yell to trade Iginla, call for Ference's head, call for Sutters head ect. Read it. Calgary is also my 2nd/3rd favorite team so don't play that card on me.
Heat of the moment coments said out of frustration.

You act like it's serious business or something.

Old
02-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin' Griz
Heat of the moment coments said out of frustration.

You act like it's serious business or something.
HF doesn't allow those heat of the moment situations which makes this site the best place to chat about hockey. What is being said on that site is unacceptable.

Old
02-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
HF doesn't allow those heat of the moment situations which makes this site the best place to chat about hockey. What is being said on that site is unacceptable.
Unacceptable for whom?

I can tell you that cursing is not allowed on the site. There is ad revenue that prevents that.

Otherwise, the site owner is tolerant of peoples opinions and reactions no matter how juvenile.

This site is a joke quite frankly. People get banned for things here yet some posters get away with the same stuff over and over and over and over again.

I've been a part of Calgarypuck since the first day (before it was calgarypuck.com) and I can tell you that the site owners are the best of the best of people.

Old
02-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

Calgarypuck is awesome.

Its coverage is second to none. An invaluable resource for the working press (and not just Calgary-based either).

Old
02-23-2004, 11:47 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Few things:
- Avoid game theads there. No wonder you think its a gong show. Also avoid reading it the night after a game. They are usually super high or suicidal (see: the one about some guy that was depressed because the Flames lost 3 games)
- Look for who's posting. There's alot of long-winded anally retentive post and posters there, who, after 100 posts, have said nothing worth reading.
- The site becomes incredibly polar

Other than that... I personally think CP is the best hockey site out there, but like every site, went down in quality as the quantity of posters went up.

Old
02-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Sounds fair, I read the game thread on a night the Flames lost...could set some people off. Some of the better posters should put these morons in their place.

Old
02-24-2004, 07:58 AM
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
Sounds fair, I read the game thread on a night the Flames lost...could set some people off. Some of the better posters should put these morons in their place.
It's like banging your head against a brick wall. Believe me, we've tried.

Old
02-24-2004, 08:17 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
They are usually super high or suicidal (see: the one about some guy that was depressed because the Flames lost 3 games)
Did anybody offer him some rope?

Old
02-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Did anybody offer him some rope?
Yeah, but a few weren't too impressed that I did...

Old
02-24-2004, 06:23 PM
-(v)atrix-

Quote:
Calgary is also my 2nd/3rd favorite team so don't play that card on me.
what card?? if you read my post again, i said CAN i assume, with a question mark after, meaning i was asking you.

Closed Thread