HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Thread: NYR-MON

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2004, 10:44 PM
dvaske

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikefella
Bobby Holik on dropping the last two games ... "Maybe we just don’t have what it takes to win the last two games. Let’s not kid ourselves here. When you lose 7-3 and 4-1, two important games of the season, maybe the team doesn’t have what we needed to have to win, to be successful, to grab a point or anything…or be competitive. It’s coming down to it, let’s face the truth."

good job sherlock.. because we didn't know that last season, and the season before...
That rable rouser is the source of your troubles, we'll take him off your hands for 6th round pick.

Old
02-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Edge

you know its been a long season when even jar jar has given up hope and become a convert to the dark side.

having said that, i've lived through some bleak years as a ranger fan. now is it just me, or does this one for some reason, seem to be the longest and worst one yet?

Old
02-23-2004, 11:05 PM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255
I know, doesn't change the fact that they are just flat out funny to watch though
i'm sure it'll be just as funny when we are watching the piles get knocked out in the first round...again.

Old
02-23-2004, 11:13 PM
Edge

quote of the night from another board. it was about tom poti dropping the gloves

"he looked like a handicapped person gone nuts"

i laugh only so that this team doesnt drive me to drink.....

Old
02-23-2004, 11:55 PM
Profet

Just got back from the game....

Best part:

Things I noticed while at at the game:
  • The crowd has given up just like us diehards on the boards. There was not 1...and I mean not 1.. "Let's go Rangers" chant.
  • This team is even worse in person than on tv. While at the game, you can really focus on the behind the play action...and well...there was none. If the puck was not near them...they coasted.

Stick a fork in em, they're...No wait... that was 2 months ago...throw them out...they're burnt.

Old
02-24-2004, 01:21 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
having said that, i've lived through some bleak years as a ranger fan. now is it just me, or does this one for some reason, seem to be the longest and worst one yet?
This is up there but to me 93 was the worst.

-I was actually laughing out loud when Poti dropped the gloves. Couldn't freakin believe it.

-That 5 on 3 exchange during the second period showed you in a nutshell why this team absolutely has failed this season. Yes they scored on the 2nd one but it took the Habs like 20 seconds to score on theirs and they shot a puck right through our Wonderful goaltender in doing so.

Quote:
Jagr already have the 'A' in NY ? WHY
Honestly one of the only good things Sather has done. Jagr is one of the only ones out there trying/producing and he's doing it with a flu and a pulled groin.

Old
02-24-2004, 07:27 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007
FIGHT! Poti's poking Boullion with his fists instead of his stick!

This is the worst year I can remember Edge. I can't even get through a whole game anymore I'm so disgusted. I just really, really hate this team.

Old
02-24-2004, 07:32 AM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Yeah out of the 7 years, (pity me, ive only been diehard these past 7 years) this is one of the worst.

Its pretty much becoming funny.. Poti dropping the gloves was great.

99-00 was bad too.

Old
02-24-2004, 07:34 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Thankfully I missed the game last night. I was watching a real hockey team play. I went to see Miracle!

02-24-2004, 07:38 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I went to see Miracle!

Where you from?

Who do you post for?

Old
02-24-2004, 07:42 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Where you from?

Who do you post for?
New York City.

I post for..for..for Sather's Wacky Kooky All Star Traveling Happy Fun Show.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 02-24-2004 at 07:45 AM.
Old
02-24-2004, 07:49 AM
Fletch

It is amazing, JC...

on those 5-on-3s...it just shows how bad the Rangers specialty teams are. For an opposing team, a 5-on-3 for them means an automatic goal. For the Rangers, it doesn't always guarantee a shot. Problem was, there goal was to get the puck to Jagr, who kept trying the same, lame shot that had no possible way to get in. I thought Kovalev was shooting the puck real good last night (and that one shot hit Theodore before it hit the crossbar) - should've been setting him up for bombs with Holik in front. Holik...where was he...was he out there on the 5-on-3? Or, Nedved for a wristshot, with Holik in front. They just don't get it. There's really no worse PP in the league - despite the stat that says there are two worse.

Last edited by Fletch: 02-24-2004 at 08:08 AM.
Old
02-24-2004, 07:54 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr
This is the worst year I can remember Edge. I can't even get through a whole game anymore I'm so disgusted. I just really, really hate this team.
Yeah, I'd say that this qualifies as the worst year that I recall as a Rangers fan.
There's nothing even worth mentioning about the "team's" play last night. The only thing that I want to say is Messier skated for 19 minutes last night. WHY? The Rangers are now 13 points out of it. Wouldn't now be the time to see what Lundmark has got? Play him w/ Jagr. Play him w/ Holik. Just play him. Why is it necessary for a 43 year old fossil to keep piling on the minutes in what is a lost cause?
This is what scares me about Sather. It seems that MAYBE he thinks that this is his last season and he might as well get all the minutes to Messier that he can. Another thing that worries me about Sather is if he really does think that this may be his last season, why would he even try to make trades? Maybe he wants to make things as rough as possible for the next person who takes over? This way he can say, "See, it's not just me. So and so is not able to turn it around either." To that end, how can we be sure that Sather will do what is necessary and start to sell players? Heck, wouldn't now be the time to deal almost everybody? Sather may not be trading players becuase it may make it easier on the next GM.
I realize that the notion is probably absurd, but I can no longer even make guesses about what Sather's intentions are.

Old
02-24-2004, 08:02 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
New York City.

I post for..for..for Sather's Wacky Kooky All Star Traveling Happy Fun Show.

AGAIN!

Old
02-24-2004, 08:18 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Yeah, I'd say that this qualifies as the worst year that I recall as a Rangers fan.
There's nothing even worth mentioning about the "team's" play last night. The only thing that I want to say is Messier skated for 19 minutes last night. WHY? The Rangers are now 13 points out of it. Wouldn't now be the time to see what Lundmark has got? Play him w/ Jagr. Play him w/ Holik. Just play him. Why is it necessary for a 43 year old fossil to keep piling on the minutes in what is a lost cause?
This is what scares me about Sather. It seems that MAYBE he thinks that this is his last season and he might as well get all the minutes to Messier that he can. Another thing that worries me about Sather is if he really does think that this may be his last season, why would he even try to make trades? Maybe he wants to make things as rough as possible for the next person who takes over? This way he can say, "See, it's not just me. So and so is not able to turn it around either." To that end, how can we be sure that Sather will do what is necessary and start to sell players? Heck, wouldn't now be the time to deal almost everybody? Sather may not be trading players becuase it may make it easier on the next GM.
I realize that the notion is probably absurd, but I can no longer even make guesses about what Sather's intentions are.
Taped the game, but just couldn't bring myself to watch it after reading this thread.

I could joke and say that Sather's "showcasing" Messier but as you say who knows what's going on in Sather's excuse for a brain.

Sather's creation has disheartened the folks on this board to such an extent that we don't even complain about the officiating anymore. Sad, just sad.

Old
02-24-2004, 09:59 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod
i'm sure it'll be just as funny when we are watching the piles get knocked out in the first round...again.
Hahaha...."The Piles", that's funny.

Old
02-24-2004, 10:14 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue

i tend to agree with you on this true! although i'll go one further! i think its been his intention all along!! remember what he said about the rangers before he came here? not the exact quote but something along the lines of "this team is ruining the sport with their spending" blah blah!! he came in here on a mission to ruin this franchise and he has succeeded! he's been pulling the wool over lil' jimmy's eyes since the first day!! how else would anybody be able to explain this? i know far fetched or is it? i would remve him from his post of gm\head coach immediately, before he leaves this team in such a way it will take seven more years to fix! die sather you sc#mbag mutha f#$ker!!

Old
02-24-2004, 10:26 AM
Larry Melnyk

Like I saind yesterday "Bring out your Dead, Bring out your Dead!!"....And this time everybody is.....I just hope somebody wants to buy the corpses...

Even Sather knows it's ver now and unless he has pictire of ***** Dolan with barnyard animals, he knows he's gone to..And this is the guy that be doing any rebuilding?...Talk about a lame schmuck GM!....Does he screw us even further by waiting and waiting, lieing that the deals weren't good enough...Man, things really can get worse...Just my optimistic post for the day..

Old
02-24-2004, 10:27 AM
Fletch

Is it the worst?

hard for me to say since I've been watching other teams more often when given the chance. Also, I've missed more games on TV than ever and have gone to less games than I've gone to in 7 or 8 years. So at least I have more money in my pocket. To make things worse, I've actually read a couple baseball articles, which I normally wouldn't do this time of the year.

It's beyond sad. Tough decisions have to be made, but it should not have come down to this.

yeah, really Melnyk, but in his best Eric Idle voice, Sather said 'we're not quite dead yet...actually, we're feeling quite good'.

Old
02-24-2004, 11:37 AM
BLACKBURN

News just in, hell has frozen over!
* Poti fights.

I think its a shame how bad things have gotten. the only games I want us to win are against the fishsticks. Glen, its over! Trade our vets and get in some youth. The thing that frustrates me most is that we are losing and not moving forward. Atleast a team like Columbus is learning and developing a young team. We just comit the same mistakes year in, year out. Highlights of the year for me are -

Opening night - how does the team look etc.
Beating the Islanders - Recently its been an almost certainty.
Entry draft - so we can have a glimpse at the possible future.
Seasons end - No more pain.

Old
02-24-2004, 07:33 PM
OldBlueshirt

[QUOTE=Larry Melnyk]And this is the guy that be doing any rebuilding?QUOTE]

This is also the guy who said (while still in Edmonton) he could win 10 (that's right TEN) Cups if he had the Rangers budget!! Hey, he can't even attain a better coaching record than Ron Blow!

Closed Thread