HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mr. Invisible - Petr Prucha

Old
05-06-2007, 07:42 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Well he has to bulk up with muscle. Of course he can't put on too much or he'll become a slower player. However, there's been plenty of guys who weren't too strong and then eventually put on 20 or so pounds to be ideal. Leg stength is the most important thing in hockey. If you have a strong lower body you'll skate faster (more powerful stride) and you'll have better balance on your skates so you won't get knocked down as easily.

Plus I think he said he did what he normally does in the offseason during this past offseason. I assume that this summer he'll try to hit the weights much harder.

I think Kovalev after his rookie year was told to add some weight and came back like a horse.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 05-06-2007 at 07:47 PM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I'm a big Prucha fan but he didn't show up in the playoffs plain and simple...

I say it's 50/50 he is back next season..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 09:41 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I think Prucha had a fairly good season this year and I think the team's going to give him a workout regimine for the summer. I think how he comes into camp will be a large factor as to if he'll be around next year. I don't see him going anywhere in the summer unless they can get something really good for him.

If he comes into camp underweight again I can see him being moved.

Old
05-06-2007, 09:53 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I'm a big Prucha fan but he didn't show up in the playoffs plain and simple...

I say it's 50/50 he is back next season..
50/50?

Guy scored 30 as a rookie and 22 goals this year despite not being on the 1st PP Unit for part of the year and not having a defined role. Can't expect consistent production from a 2nd year player when you bounce him around the line-up. Guy always plays hard, hits hard and does the little things. That 3rd line was arguably the best line the first two games in Buffalo and today. Don't see how he's not back.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Like i have said before he needs another 15 pounds on him. Hes got the skills to score 25 a year

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 10:26 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
50/50?

Guy scored 30 as a rookie and 22 goals this year despite not being on the 1st PP Unit for part of the year and not having a defined role. Can't expect consistent production from a 2nd year player when you bounce him around the line-up. Guy always plays hard, hits hard and does the little things. That 3rd line was arguably the best line the first two games in Buffalo and today. Don't see how he's not back.
He, along with Montoya, are probably the best trading chips the Rangers have. If the right deal is out there, I don't see the Rangers not dealing either of them.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
He, along with Montoya, are probably the best trading chips the Rangers have. If the right deal is out there, I don't see the Rangers not dealing either of them.
Frankly, I don't think Prucha's trade value is as high as you guys may think it is. He still has to prove a lot to this league and I think he will be doing that next year in NY.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 10:34 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Next year is his contract year, so I think he'll be out to prove something next year.

Old
05-06-2007, 10:39 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Frankly, I don't think Prucha's trade value is as high as you guys may think it is. He still has to prove a lot to this league and I think he will be doing that next year in NY.
52 goals in his first two years, with a cheap contract in the new NHL economy...VALUE!

Old
05-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
52 goals in his first two years, with a cheap contract in the new NHL economy...VALUE!
Totally agree, that's why I want him on my team not someone elses. But I think he was exposed a bit this year and his trade value def. took a hit from what it was his first year.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 10:45 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Totally agree, that's why I want him on my team not someone elses. But I think he was exposed a bit this year and his trade value def. took a hit from what it was his first year.
I like Prucha, but, again, if the right deal comes up, I'm not averse to dealing him.

Old
05-06-2007, 10:51 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Prucha and Montoya are a steep price to pay for that "someone". It had better be the right someone. And that means the right age and the right position. I know you are high on Horton, but would you really be willing to pay that much? That would mean that this year's pick needs to be invested in a goalie. I agree that if the right trade was to come along, Sather would not hesitate to trade them, but such a trade demands that you get it "right".

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 10:54 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Prucha and Montoya are a steep price to pay for that "someone". It had better be the right someone. And that means the right age and the right position. I know you are high on Horton, but would you really be willing to pay that much? That would mean that this year's pick needs to be invested in a goalie.
Yes, I'm willing to pay that price for Horton. And, it doesn't mean the #1 pick has to be used on a goalie, just the right pick. Let the scouting staff do its job and unearth a late round goodie again. Taking a goalie in the 1st is a hit-or-miss proposition IMO. (Brian Finley, anyone?)

Old
05-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Tuxman

i dont know if anyone hears it but dawes is knocking on the door, and prucha could be the one answering

Tuxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Tomas Sandstrom 28

Quote:
I like Prucha, but, again, if the right deal comes up, I'm not averse to dealing him.
Agree with you Jas, I also like Prucha, but his game is not without flaws, he's quick and good daround the net, but turns the puck over a ton, gets outmuscled, and is not very good in his own zone. PLus, always easier to deal from a position of strength, which we have a number of guys who are quick little agressive wings with 20 goal potential. Not saying i want Prucha to go, but if there's a good deal there...

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxman View Post
i dont know if anyone hears it but dawes is knocking on the door, and prucha could be the one answering
yeah, i wouldn't be surprised in prucha going and dawes stepping in to his spot....only time will tell

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 01:16 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

So you're willing to deal Prucha when neither Dawes or Callahan have proven that they can score 20 - 30 goals in the NHL? Going based on what they did in Hartford means nothing.

I wouldn't even look to move Prucha unless someone else actually proves that they are better than him. Callahan scored two goals in the playoffs in a game that had already been won and he scored at a pace to hit 23 goals in the regular season (14 games, 4 goals). To say that he's clearly better than Prucha is an opinion until he proves it.

For the Rangers management to deal a proven player because they have two players who are unproven and who MAY be better would be not only a stupid move, but one of the stupidest in the past 20 years.

What happens if the Rangers trade Prucha and he turns into a steady 30 - 40 goal scorer while Callahan/Dawes turn into 20 goal scorers or worse? Then we'll be going back and saying that it was the stupidest trade we ever made.

Don't pull the trigger until they prove they can do it is my opinion.

Old
05-08-2007, 01:30 PM
xbure9x

I personally like Prucha, but I also think his goal totals are a little misleading, almost like the Malik +/- enigma (but that's another story). How much of his production is due to other players most notably Jagr, and how much is of his own doing? He isn't the type of player to create chances on his own, that much is for sure.

The three things that I feel he needs to work on are:
1. his weight....he needs to be bigger, plain and simple.
2. his shot...I have seen him flub way too many shots from in close by wiffing and missing, he needs to bury those chances
3. his stickhandling...loses the puck constantly while stickhandling through the neutral zone.

By working on his shot alone, and not flubbing countless chances thrown his way, he could have easily been over 30 goals this year, despite everything else.

I keep him unless he is part of a blockbuster deal for a franchise type player. I am not sold on Dawes at all, and Callahan has A LOT to prove next year before we can call Prucha expendable at their expense.

xbure9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 01:37 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbure9x View Post
I keep him unless he is part of a blockbuster deal for a franchise type player. I am not sold on Dawes at all, and Callahan has A LOT to prove next year before we can call Prucha expendable at their expense.
Not only that, but people aren't looking at the big picture. Look at our lineup from last game

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Dawes - Avery - Shanny
Prucha - Cullen - Callahan
Hossa - Betts - Orty

Guys in bold = our top 4 scorers
Guys in bold = players who won't be here in 2 years most likely

So that leaves you with 4 spots in the top 4. Guess what? Unless we got some great forwards coming in from somewhere we're going to need as many good players as we can. Trading away Prucha will be costly when guys like Jagr, Nylander, Straka, and Shanny all go because well, we have no one else right now who has proven that they can score more than 20 goals.

So unless we're getting back a Hossa, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Crosby, Lecavalier, Thornton, Heatly, etc. Someone who we expect to be in/near the top of the league in either Goals, Assists, or Points (even better ) then there's no reason to trade Prucha, IMO.

Old
05-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRChazzer View Post
Not only that, but people aren't looking at the big picture. Look at our lineup from last game

Straka - Nylander - Jagr
Dawes - Avery - Shanny
Prucha - Cullen - Callahan
Hossa - Betts - Orty

Guys in bold = our top 4 scorers
Guys in bold = players who won't be here in 2 years most likely

So that leaves you with 4 spots in the top 4. Guess what? Unless we got some great forwards coming in from somewhere we're going to need as many good players as we can. Trading away Prucha will be costly when guys like Jagr, Nylander, Straka, and Shanny all go because well, we have no one else right now who has proven that they can score more than 20 goals.

So unless we're getting back a Hossa, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Crosby, Lecavalier, Thornton, Heatly, etc. Someone who we expect to be in/near the top of the league in either Goals, Assists, or Points (even better ) then there's no reason to trade Prucha, IMO.
I like the kid because he tries so hard, but damn this organization is in trouble if they're expecting him to take over for Jagr, Nylander, Straka, and/or Shanny.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Will he be a Jagr, Nylander, or Shanny? no
I can see him turning into a Straka type of player though. It doesn't seem very far fetched to me.

Old
05-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Nich

Quote:
I can see him turning into a Straka type of player though. It doesn't seem very far fetched to me.
his d is not even close to straka's

and really, his biggest problem is he might be the easiest person to knock off the puck in the entire nhl

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Captain11

Quote:
I'd be ecstatic if he becomes another straka, but i dont see it happening. Straka is superior to prucha in # of turnovers, defensive aspects, and playmaking.

Prucha is better around the net than straka, but isnt really a sniper (how many of his goals arnt off rebounds.)

Prucha should be kept, although if the right deal comes around you pull the trigger. I loved the kid, but the more i see of him, i start to wonder if he was a product of his teammates good play. I think he will become a really good secondary player on a line with a good playmaker, but will never be a playmaker or be able to produce much of anything on his own.

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 01:58 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Next year is his contract year, so I think he'll be out to prove something next year.
Prucha is a group II this summer

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 02:02 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Prucha is a group II this summer
http://outsidethegarden.com/salaries.asp

According to here he's an RFA after next season.

I said I can see him becoming like Straka. Straka is a 14 year veteran. Prucha is only in his 2nd year, give the kid some time. Both are undersized players with great determination and good speed. Straka's a bit faster, but Prucha is more physical of a player. I thought that during the playoffs Prucha's defensive game improved quite a bit. It will take some time for his game to be completely rounded out. However, this kid still has 3 or 4 years before he hits his prime.