HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

so you still don`t want Gomez ????

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-07-2007, 01:05 PM
  #26
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
Are there any french canadians available that could relate real well to Guy ?
Why do you think Carbonneau can only relate to French Canadians ? His English is impeccable, his history suggests that he gets that the world is a big place. His grandchildren will probably be born in Texas. He had his problems during his rookie year behind the bench but suggesting that it's because he can only relate to those sharing his Mother tongue is kind of 'out there'.

Unless you're joking and I didn't pick it up because of sleep deprivation.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 01:08 PM
  #27
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
Are there any french canadians available that could relate real well to Guy ?
Are you kidding?

I hope so.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 01:11 PM
  #28
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
Are there any french canadians available that could relate real well to Guy ?
What? Gainey and Muller are some of his good friends, his daughter's married to Brendan Morrow and he's been captain of the Habs and Stars. Why assume he can only get along with francos?

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 01:16 PM
  #29
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
What? Gainey and Muller are some of his good friends, his daughter's married to Brendan Morrow and he's been captain of the Habs and Stars. Why assume he can only get along with francos?
Who knows,might be the wave of the future, Gainey will only draft players with slow deliberate manners of speaking.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 01:21 PM
  #30
hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
I dunno, a five-six million dollar No.1 center that put up 15 points less than Koivu.
I think if I am going for that star center that can completely change the offense in Montreal, I would say Briere is the only guy available that can do that. And I really don't believe the New Jersey defensive system holding him back argument. A third or fourth liner maybe, but he is the No. 1 center with very talented wingers. As much as I like Drury, I don't think he is an upgrade over Koivu either ( although many would argue). Drury is however very strong in his own end, which is a nice bonus.

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 03:16 PM
  #31
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,201
vCash: 500
In the real world of team building, it takes more then adding up players. It takes pieces that fit together to make a puzzle.

To have any two of Koivu, Plekanek, Briere, Gomez and Drury on the same team is pointless.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
  #32
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
In the real world of team building, it takes more then adding up players. It takes pieces that fit together to make a puzzle.

To have any two of Koivu, Plekanek, Briere, Gomez and Drury on the same team is pointless.
Buffalo looks pretty good having both Briere and Drury...what did you say about pointless?

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 03:48 PM
  #33
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Buffalo looks pretty good having both Briere and Drury...what did you say about pointless?
Ah, you got me there!

That said.... that center combination is not what is usually a success. Some size up the middle is necessary. They have some large scring wingers....

I dunno... I am sinking here....

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 04:14 PM
  #34
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Ah, you got me there!

That said.... that center combination is not what is usually a success. Some size up the middle is necessary. They have some large scring wingers....

I dunno... I am sinking here....
Pssst... go back and edit your post to say "3"... any "3" of that group is pointless! (Esp. since we already have Koivu and Plekanec adding up to "2" also, eh?)

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 07:43 AM
  #35
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Pssst... go back and edit your post to say "3"... any "3" of that group is pointless! (Esp. since we already have Koivu and Plekanec adding up to "2" also, eh?)
I meant 2. Honestly, I never liked a Koivu Riberio 1-2, and I am not nuts about Koivu- Plekanek as a 1-2. As much as I like these players inividually, they do not line up as a great 1 2 punch.

As for Buffalo.... they did not think that the Briere Drury 1-2 was 100% reliable in all situations either, or they would not have traded for Zubrus at the deadline.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 08:09 AM
  #36
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,515
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
As for Buffalo.... they did not think that the Briere Drury 1-2 was 100% reliable in all situations either, or they would not have traded for Zubrus at the deadline.
I think they traded for Zubrus because they didn't know if Tim Connolly would be back for the playoffs and they wanted even more centre depth.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.