HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

so you still don`t want Gomez ????

Old
05-07-2007, 01:05 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
Are there any french canadians available that could relate real well to Guy ?
Why do you think Carbonneau can only relate to French Canadians ? His English is impeccable, his history suggests that he gets that the world is a big place. His grandchildren will probably be born in Texas. He had his problems during his rookie year behind the bench but suggesting that it's because he can only relate to those sharing his Mother tongue is kind of 'out there'.

Unless you're joking and I didn't pick it up because of sleep deprivation.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Are you kidding?

I hope so.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
What? Gainey and Muller are some of his good friends, his daughter's married to Brendan Morrow and he's been captain of the Habs and Stars. Why assume he can only get along with francos?

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 01:16 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
What? Gainey and Muller are some of his good friends, his daughter's married to Brendan Morrow and he's been captain of the Habs and Stars. Why assume he can only get along with francos?
Who knows,might be the wave of the future, Gainey will only draft players with slow deliberate manners of speaking.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 01:21 PM
hab

I dunno, a five-six million dollar No.1 center that put up 15 points less than Koivu.
I think if I am going for that star center that can completely change the offense in Montreal, I would say Briere is the only guy available that can do that. And I really don't believe the New Jersey defensive system holding him back argument. A third or fourth liner maybe, but he is the No. 1 center with very talented wingers. As much as I like Drury, I don't think he is an upgrade over Koivu either ( although many would argue). Drury is however very strong in his own end, which is a nice bonus.

hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Joe Cole

In the real world of team building, it takes more then adding up players. It takes pieces that fit together to make a puzzle.

To have any two of Koivu, Plekanek, Briere, Gomez and Drury on the same team is pointless.

Old
05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
In the real world of team building, it takes more then adding up players. It takes pieces that fit together to make a puzzle.

To have any two of Koivu, Plekanek, Briere, Gomez and Drury on the same team is pointless.
Buffalo looks pretty good having both Briere and Drury...what did you say about pointless?

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Buffalo looks pretty good having both Briere and Drury...what did you say about pointless?
Ah, you got me there!

That said.... that center combination is not what is usually a success. Some size up the middle is necessary. They have some large scring wingers....

I dunno... I am sinking here....

Old
05-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Ah, you got me there!

That said.... that center combination is not what is usually a success. Some size up the middle is necessary. They have some large scring wingers....

I dunno... I am sinking here....
Pssst... go back and edit your post to say "3"... any "3" of that group is pointless! (Esp. since we already have Koivu and Plekanec adding up to "2" also, eh?)

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Pssst... go back and edit your post to say "3"... any "3" of that group is pointless! (Esp. since we already have Koivu and Plekanec adding up to "2" also, eh?)
I meant 2. Honestly, I never liked a Koivu Riberio 1-2, and I am not nuts about Koivu- Plekanek as a 1-2. As much as I like these players inividually, they do not line up as a great 1 2 punch.

As for Buffalo.... they did not think that the Briere Drury 1-2 was 100% reliable in all situations either, or they would not have traded for Zubrus at the deadline.

Old
05-09-2007, 08:09 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
As for Buffalo.... they did not think that the Briere Drury 1-2 was 100% reliable in all situations either, or they would not have traded for Zubrus at the deadline.
I think they traded for Zubrus because they didn't know if Tim Connolly would be back for the playoffs and they wanted even more centre depth.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote