HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Avery calling for Gomez;takes one last jab at sid

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2007, 01:44 PM
  #26
JamesG1221
 
JamesG1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
I don't know how true the speculation is about him not "wanting' to come here, but if any of it is true and he's that caught up in the rivalry or some personal grudge then who the hell needs him? We need players who respect this organization and want to help continue bringing it back to respectability. If Gomez still sees us as the team we USED to be then F em. What we need is someone who wants to be here and who will play hard because he's a NY Ranger...We need...a warrior..someone maybe 5'10 200lbs...righty shot...perhaps born in Connecticut and drafted by the Nordiques in the 1994 draft....but no one specific comes to mind :O)

JamesG1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 01:46 PM
  #27
Z-Z Pop1915
LGD!
 
Z-Z Pop1915's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Gomez is not going to the Rangers. End of Story.

Z-Z Pop1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 01:49 PM
  #28
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG1221 View Post
I don't know how true the speculation is about him not "wanting' to come here, but if any of it is true and he's that caught up in the rivalry or some personal grudge then who the hell needs him? We need players who respect this organization and want to help continue bringing it back to respectability. If Gomez still sees us as the team we USED to be then F em. What we need is someone who wants to be here and who will play hard because he's a NY Ranger...We need...a warrior..someone maybe 5'10 200lbs...righty shot...perhaps born in Connecticut and drafted by the Nordiques in the 1994 draft....but no one specific comes to mind :O)
too bad we did not draft Drury. we drafted Rudolf Vercik instead i hate drafting euros that dont even come to North America. Its was a waste of a pick. Imagine if Prucha never came to North America.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 01:53 PM
  #29
jerseydevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I remember hearing about Gomez saying that he wouldn't want to play for the Rangers, but does anyone know about an actual source for that? Or was it just hearsay on a message board? I've been searching on Google but I couldn't find anything.
He didn't say that exactly..he said once that he respected the organization and the players too much to sign with a rival..that's all..He never mentioned anything else..but I agree with everyone who said that money talks..If the Rangers offer 1-2 million more per season..then Scott will be playing there..

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 01:57 PM
  #30
sandman441
Registered User
 
sandman441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ALASKA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to sandman441
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
I remember hearing about Gomez saying that he wouldn't want to play for the Rangers, but does anyone know about an actual source for that? Or was it just hearsay on a message board? I've been searching on Google but I couldn't find anything.


That was probably one of my posts. His dad said Scott wouldn't sign with Philly or the Rangers or somewhere that would hurt the devils.

sandman441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 03:26 PM
  #31
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
too bad we did not draft Drury. we drafted Rudolf Vercik instead i hate drafting euros that dont even come to North America. Its was a waste of a pick. Imagine if Prucha never came to North America.

you just never get old...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 03:41 PM
  #32
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
I'm not interested in Gomez at all. Much rather Briere or Drury.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 03:50 PM
  #33
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
I'm not interested in Gomez at all. Much rather Briere or Drury.
id much rather have a bigger younger scott hartnell instead who can improve, he is only 25. Power forwards take longer to develop. He will be in his prime. Maybe if we sign him and a guy like Sarich, wed be better off, then forking up cash for gomez, drury, or briere, were small as is.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 03:53 PM
  #34
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
id much rather have a bigger younger scott hartnell instead who can improve, he is only 25. Power forwards take longer to develop. He will be in his prime. Maybe if we sign him and a guy like Sarich, wed be better off, then forking up cash for gomez, drury, or briere, were small as is.
How exactly does getting another winger and a defenseman address our center ice problem?

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 03:54 PM
  #35
NYROrtsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,930
vCash: 500
It doesn't... It just puts more people at wrong positions.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 04:59 PM
  #36
Theoren Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
**** Gomez

Theoren Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 07:07 PM
  #37
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God View Post
I believe Gomez has already stated he won't sign with the Rangers.

Are your fingers and toes crossed when you say that?

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 07:09 PM
  #38
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman441 View Post
That was probably one of my posts. His dad said Scott wouldn't sign with Philly or the Rangers or somewhere that would hurt the devils.
Why on earth would he want to sign for the most high profile franchise in the most high profile city in his prime?

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 07:10 PM
  #39
blue2noise
Registered User
 
blue2noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
I'm not interested in Gomez at all. Much rather Briere or Drury.
Drury, yes. Briere?? Hell no.

I'll take Gomez over him any day. The guy disappears on the playoffs and Gomez is clutch.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 12:22 AM
  #40
bleedrngrblue
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fayetteville,N.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Drury, yes. Briere?? Hell no.

I'll take Gomez over him any day. The guy disappears on the playoffs and Gomez is clutch.
What playoffs were you watching? Feck Gomez!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 12:46 AM
  #41
sandman441
Registered User
 
sandman441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ALASKA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to sandman441
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Why on earth would he want to sign for the most high profile franchise in the most high profile city in his prime?


Well he did play for the Devils and I heard both teams hate each other. That and he has no ill feelings toward Lou or the Devils.

sandman441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.