HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hurricanes Season Ticket/Mini-Plan Prices to Stay Same

Old
05-02-2007, 09:18 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Hurricanes Season Ticket/Mini-Plan Prices to Stay Same

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?...ticleid=301917

Quote:
“We had tremendous fan support this past season,” Prairie said. “Our season ticket holders and mini-plan holders are vital to our business and we want to continue to show them we value their support.”

The Hurricanes established a new single-season attendance record in 2006-07, with more than 700,000 fans attending regular season home games at the RBC Center. The team averaged 17,387 fans per game – 93 percent of capacity – including 19 sold-out or overflow crowds.
Obviously as a STH I'm prety happy about this development. It meens that they're finally getting the message that the best way to build a fanbase is to not piss off the one you already have in place. From the looks of things the walk-up ticket prices will be up big time, including no longer having a $10.29 section (since the Canes are looking for a new radio partner) so I'd expect attendance to be down slightly based on this asside from games against rivals/teams with large fan bases in the area (Buffalo, New York, Pittsburgh, Philly, Toronto, New Jersey).

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 07:49 PM
caniacgirl12

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Not to mention how much it would have pissed of the LOYAL fans by raising STH prices after a season like we just had. That wouldn't have been a very smart move.

05-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

raising single ticket prices will be a HUGE mistake...

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 06:23 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
And raising STH/Mini-Plan prices would be an even bigger one. Worst thing they could have done was pull an 03-04 on the STH base again after a disapointing post-finals season. I think we're going to see, as a result of this, more people buying one of the 10-game plans rather then spend on a game-by-game basis. Attendance will likely be down a little, but a repeat alienation of the STH base could have been a much more serious blow. My guess is that they are betting the weekend games (well maybe not ones vs teams like Chicago or LA) will still be sellouts, it's the having 15-16K tickets sold vs having the 11-12K tickets sold for that mid-weeker in November against Florida or Boston that they're woried about.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 09:17 PM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
I've been looking for someone to split the cost of 24-game ticket plan.
I am thinking about going to the games with my sone so we need to sets of mini-season tickets and Mezzanine level sounds like to best option but only available in 24-game plan. 24 games would be a bit too much for my schedule so i'd like to split 2 sets in half with someone else.
If someone is interested please page me.

dmonk is offline   Reply With Quote