HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shanny's Future With the Rangers?

Old
05-08-2007, 09:04 PM
grains14

vCash: 500
shanny should stay for one more and see how he does

grains14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 10:43 PM
broadwayblue

What if Shanny were to come back but get every 4th game or so off? Has that ever been done before in the NHL? That could help keep him fresh down the stretch, playing 60 games instead of 80...but would it have too great an effect on line chemistry to make it sensible? On the other hand it would get someone else a good bit of extra game experience, as opposed to being a healthy scratch every night. Just thinking out loud here.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
DontStaal

i remember how we were all saying he would get tired and that Renney would run him out of the lineup, but realistically the only thing that affected his game play was the concussion IMO. I think the guy is a warrior and can take the minutes. The question is whether or not he will be the same after an off season where he's coming off the first concussion of his career (I mean his game def slipped after it, but i think the time off will help him fully recover and come back in full gear).

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What if Shanny were to come back but get every 4th game or so off? Has that ever been done before in the NHL? That could help keep him fresh down the stretch, playing 60 games instead of 80...but would it have too great an effect on line chemistry to make it sensible? On the other hand it would get someone else a good bit of extra game experience, as opposed to being a healthy scratch every night. Just thinking out loud here.
id rather him just not come back if that were to be the case. not roasting you or anything, but there is no way a scenario like that would work out. no way whatsoever.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 11:12 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
id rather him just not come back if that were to be the case. not roasting you or anything, but there is no way a scenario like that would work out. no way whatsoever.
No worries...I was just trying to find a way to have our cake and eat it too. I guess if he comes back they just need to keep his minutes down so he doesn't get worn out. I guess they could still give him a game off once in a while...perhaps on back to back games.

Old
05-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
No worries...I was just trying to find a way to have our cake and eat it too. I guess if he comes back they just need to keep his minutes down so he doesn't get worn out. I guess they could still give him a game off once in a while...perhaps on back to back games.
honestly. the single best thing we can do to help him stay fresh (and im amazed at Renneys stupidity here) is just to take him off the PK.

that alone should keep him much much much fresher for later on in the year.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 11:22 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Are you suggesting he signs a contract with the Yanks?

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 11:40 PM
MrAlfie

now do you think IF Shanny wins a cup with the rangers, they will retire his jersey?

dont think theyd do that after only 2 years, but it still would be cool.

oh well... wings are going to retire it anyway.. so heres one for shanny:

one more year :clap :clap :clap

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 11:56 PM
DontStaal

Renney and Staff should pull a fedorov and put him on D instead of Malik

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
now do you think IF Shanny wins a cup with the rangers, they will retire his jersey?
dont think theyd do that after only 2 years, but it still would be cool.

oh well... wings are going to retire it anyway.. so heres one for shanny:

now this is getting crazy...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Fletch

Sounds like Shanny..

does want to come back to New York, and here's what the 'Captain' had to say about him:

"We never really played together on the ice, but off the ice, he makes it a lot easier for me," Jagr said. "He gives me more time to concentrate on myself on the ice. That's huge. You know, it's not easy to be a captain. You cannot just look at for yourself, how you play, but make sure the system is right, and make sure everybody does what they're supposed to do."

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 10:31 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

He's not retiring. He knows he's close to a cup. Did you see his part of the Thank You video from the Rangers? He's coming back.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Nich

every 4th game off? i rather he just move down to the 3rd line and play pp.....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Ke11y96

Shanny is a lw for 90% of his career what about playing him on the left side of nylander, and jagr?? No one finds the scoring spots better then shanny or shoot it better, and it's not like he'd have to control the puck much especially with jagr, and nylander out there controlling it... all shanny would have to do is go to the net and get open to let that shot of his go...you think that works a first line of

Shanny-Nylander-Jagr

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
Shanny is a lw for 90% of his career what about playing him on the left side of nylander, and jagr?? No one finds the scoring spots better then shanny or shoot it better, and it's not like he'd have to control the puck much especially with jagr, and nylander out there controlling it... all shanny would have to do is go to the net and get open to let that shot of his go...you think that works a first line of

Shanny-Nylander-Jagr
I think they tried that earlier in the season and it was a bust.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 10:56 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
every 4th game off? i rather he just move down to the 3rd line and play pp.....
ok, how about every 5th game. Assuming he stays healthy and doesn't miss any time due to injury, that would give him 16 games off over the coarse of the season. Would playing only 66 games keep him fresher for the post season?

or, like you suggest, what if he plays on the 3rd line? that would certainly get us some scoring from the bottom 6.

Old
05-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Smashley

Something tells me Shanny would never want to play a senior citizen discounted season. All or nothing. guns blazing.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 11:00 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Mario used to do that when he came back. It's bad for a team, IMO. Mario came back from cancer and back problems. Shanny would just do it because he's a year older?

Nah

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote