HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Starting Goaltender

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2004, 06:00 AM
  #1
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Starting Goaltender

If Montreal's Jose Theodore would come available during the off-season would the Rangers have any interest?

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 04:00 PM
  #2
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
If Montreal's Jose Theodore would come available during the off-season would the Rangers have any interest?
How come nobody replied to this?

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 04:10 PM
  #3
Bure9*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Yes, but it will cost too much

Bure9* is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 04:20 PM
  #4
Stajan Fan
Registered User
 
Stajan Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Daysland, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
How come nobody replied to this?
Because Theodore's only a top 5 goalie in the league. The answer is so obvious no on bothered to reply to it. Of course they would want him. Who the hell wouldn't?

Stajan Fan is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 05:35 PM
  #5
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stajan Fan
Because Theodore's only a top 5 goalie in the league. The answer is so obvious no on bothered to reply to it. Of course they would want him. Who the hell wouldn't?
What could he bring in return?

I was thinking something like Holik(with NY picking up 50% of Holik's contract) along with the Rangers #1 draft pick in 2004.

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 06:04 PM
  #6
Skroob*
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,064
vCash: 500
Dont want him. Dont like him.

Skroob* is offline  
Old
02-21-2004, 07:32 PM
  #7
Potter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Bridgewater NJ
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
What could he bring in return?

I was thinking something like Holik(with NY picking up 50% of Holik's contract) along with the Rangers #1 draft pick in 2004.
Why would Montreal do that?

Potter is offline  
Old
02-22-2004, 02:41 AM
  #8
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter
Why would Montreal do that?
They have two starting goalies and need help elsewhere

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
02-22-2004, 10:53 AM
  #9
rootin tootin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
I wouldn't trade our first but since we would be getting a goaltender there is no reason not to include Blackburn who is a Montreal born kid in the deal.

Holik 50% salary, Blackburn is my counter.

rootin tootin is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 12:42 PM
  #10
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootin tootin
I wouldn't trade our first but since we would be getting a goaltender there is no reason not to include Blackburn who is a Montreal born kid in the deal.

Holik 50% salary, Blackburn is my counter.
Moving a goalie is the reason for Montreal trading Theodore. So, they will not be interested in another one coming back. If you want to keep a first rounder how about Tyutin and switch first round picks?

Which makes it Theodore, Montreal's #1 pick for Tyutin, Rangers #1 and Holik(50% salary)

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
02-23-2004, 12:49 PM
  #11
rickyrod
Registered User
 
rickyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
no way in hell tyutin is going. we have no defense as it is, especially considering the fact a bunch of the current yutz's wont be back. theodore is a great goalie, but putting him in net behind a bunch of ahl d-men(and leetch and poti) would just be a waste of talent. similar to what luongo is going through in florida.

i don't think our first round pick is going for a goalie(unless we get a second 1st rounder)...we need defenseman too bad, and still have blackburn and lundqvist in the system.

rickyrod is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 04:05 AM
  #12
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod
no way in hell tyutin is going. we have no defense as it is, especially considering the fact a bunch of the current yutz's wont be back. theodore is a great goalie, but putting him in net behind a bunch of ahl d-men(and leetch and poti) would just be a waste of talent. similar to what luongo is going through in florida.

i don't think our first round pick is going for a goalie(unless we get a second 1st rounder)...we need defenseman too bad, and still have blackburn and lundqvist in the system.
To get quality...you have to give up quality. What did you think of Theodore last night?

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 09:09 PM
  #13
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
To get quality...you have to give up quality. What did you think of Theodore last night?
That's true, but you're trying to sell us something that isn't highest on the list of our needs. We have 3 young goaltenders in the system, another one signed for next year who's currently untradable and a fairly solid NHL backup goalie. We have Tyutin as our only solid defensive prospect who's anywhere near making an impact at the NHL level. Why would we give up Tyutin to add yet another goalie?

And I think you are overlooking something else--without Theodore last night, your team would have looked almost as pitiful as the Rangers did, albeit for a lot less in salary. Without Theodore, you're with us, looking up at a lot teams between your spot and the playoffs. If you're smart, you'd keep him because no matter how solid the other goalies you have in your system, they are a long way from being at Theodore's level.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 09:25 PM
  #14
nikefella
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
What about Felix Potvin, hes just sitting on the bench over there in boston

nikefella is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 09:28 PM
  #15
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikefella
What about Felix Potvin, hes just sitting on the bench over there in boston
What about him?

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 10:06 PM
  #16
nikefella
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
the rangers should make a move to get him.....

nikefella is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 10:13 PM
  #17
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 8,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikefella
the rangers should make a move to get him.....
Why??? It's not like he's consistant or great when he's on his game. There's a reason why he's sitting in Boston. He's not good enough to be a starter in the NHL. And he's certainly not worth giving up anything to get.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline  
Old
02-24-2004, 10:39 PM
  #18
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikefella
the rangers should make a move to get him.....
How about one reason why? He'll cost us something. He really isnt any better then Markkanen. At worst he helps us win two extra games to get a worse 1st rounder.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 06:15 AM
  #19
Habdominal
Registered User
 
Habdominal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
For Theo ??? Just forget it Mtl wil never do that Gainey would get burned in the street for doing any trade including Theo.

Habdominal is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.