HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kopitar interview

Old
05-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Kopitar interview

http://www.rtvslo.si/modload.php?&c_...=read&c_id=597

Need a translator though...

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 03:57 AM
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish

hmm i tried looking for a e-translater found one but wasn't so accurate

http://www.e-freetranslation.com/

can anyone else find one?

Tatsdzyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 06:15 AM
Ogris

Il translate, just a bit.

Ogris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 07:10 AM
nki

Translated by puck (from the other site)

Anže Kopitar, a hockey player

Guest of our web chat room is at the moment the biggest star of Slovenian sport – Anže Kopitar.
Welcome in our web chat room. At 17.00 hours hockey player Anže Kopitar will join us. You can ask your questions now.

Hi Anže! Congratulations for a super season. What do you want more next year - to stay with the national team in group A of world hockey or to play NHL playoffs with Kings? Have a nice time and I wish you a lot of success!

I wish to play in NHL playoffs. I haven’t had such experience yet and I would like to do that very much.

When you joined the Kings what did coaches tell you? What you had to improve?

I had to built up fizicaly and in to improve my game in general. Also my face offs.

Hey Kopi! I'm courious when you'll return to LA... we'll miss you! Have a nice time & a lot of success!!

Sometimes in the middle or at the end of August.

Which goal in NHL is your favorite?

My first goal against Anaheim.

Why do you think you haven't been chosen among the three best rookies of the year in NHL?

It doesn't matter what I think. This is how top NHL men and press have chosen.

Do you think it's possible that Slovenian hockey fans will see you play in Canada? (We would be very happy!)

If the Kings don't make it to the playoffs I'll play for Slovenia.

Who do you think is the best hockey player in the world at this moment?

Joe Thornton.

As I saw at the show »Home again« that you are a great waiter. Are you also a cook?

I'm terrible as a cook.

In which club you had a better company? Now or before in Sweden?

The company is better now because they treated me great when I arrived and they helped me a lot.

Did Saša Vujačič introduce you with Bryant and if he did how did you feel?

I haven't meet Kobe yet.

Where is nicer? In USA or Slovenia?

USA are beautiful but Slovenia is still nicer.

Do you think that Slovenian national team can reach among 8 best teams in the world?

These teams are all very good and it's difficult for outsider team to beat any of them. I won't say it's impossible but everything in our game has to be 100% right.

Hi Anže. Congratulations for your success. I wonder how long you intend to stay with the Kings? Would you like to join any other successful NHL teams? Are there any real chances for something like that?

I have my contract with the Kings until 2009. If I could decide I would stay in Los Angeles forever.

Hey Anže do you think that you can stay in elite hockey next year in Canada with the way you played at the recent Championship Division 1.?

We can, but we must stay focused on the game for 60 minutes. All our mistakes will be punished right away by the elite teams.

Do you think your brother will follow your steps?

I hope he'll be even better. I wish he would soon play in NHL.

Which is your favorite team in the playoffs? And which at the Championship in Russia?

I support Detroit and Sweden.

Congratulations for successful season!! Has any other team offered you a better contract?? And for which NHL team would you like to play?

Such offer cannot be made because I'm Kings player and I wouldn't change my team.

Is it true that your Slovenian girlfriend in LA is a tennis player?

I have Slovenian girlfriend but she stayed at home and she is not an athlete.

In which sport are you good besides hockey?

In tennis and basketball.

Against which team do you prefer to play most and which is the hardest opponent? And what is your relationship with some players who play dirty (like that time when number 10 from Nashville knocked you down)? Thanks and good luck!

I like to play against the Ducks most and the hardest games I played were with Dallas. I have in general good relationship with other players, but sometimes it happens that some player hits the other in unfair way.

What is the biggest achievement of your career so far? Congratulations for your great season.

My biggest achievement was when I made the LA Kings team.

I'm a big fan of Jesenice team. Will your dad go with you to America?

Talks are still in progress but it seems that he will go with me.

<>hokeygirl>> What would you do in life if you wouldn’t play hockey?

I would probably play any other sport.

Could any other Slovenian hockey player play in NHL?

Yes they could. Tomaž Razingar, Marcel Rodman, also Jan Muršak and Andrej Hočevar.

Hey Kopitar! It's no secret how much money Kings pay you. Do you get your payment every month? What about different prizes?

We get our checks every 14 days, and regarding the prizes it depends how every individual contract is made.

Hi Anže!! How many hours a day do you train in NHL?

3 –4 hours a day.

With which Kings player do you like to play most?

I like to play with all of them, but I played with Dustin Brown most of the time.

We know that Kings were not very successful in Western conference. Do you know of any newcomers? Maybe some of the players will leave the Kings? Again my congratulations for your great season.

I don't know about the newcomers. Some changes in the team will certainly be but the bosses will decide about that.

For which team besides the Kings would you play in NHL?

For Detroit.

Where will you spend your holidays?

Probably in Dalmatia, Croatia.

Hi! First I would like to congratulate you for everything! Did you meet any celebrity in LA parties and social events? Have a nice time.

I personally meet Cuba Gooding Jr. and at Lakers games you can meet many famous people.

Who did you miss most in LA?

Girlfriend and family.

Hi Anže. Do you mind that you're famous and at this moment the best Slovenian athlete? Do you have many interviews? Congratulations for all your successes and I wish you even more!

Yeah so many interviews sometimes bother me but this is also a part of sport.

Did you have any problems with bigger rink here?

I got used on it with the help of some training.

I can see you're a very tall and huge person. Do professional hockey players have to take care about the food?

During summer I must take care of food because of my weight but during the season I can eat what I like.

Hi, do you read hockey forums? How do you feel when fans treat you almost like a God?

I don't read forums.

How do you like the atmosphere during games, do the Kings have ice girls or cheerleaders?

We don't have them but nevertheless the atmosphere is great.

Do Americans pronounce your name correctly or do you have any nicknames?

They call me Ahnjay or Kopy and Kope.

Congratulations for your successful career. What do we have to improve that Slovenian hockey will be even better?

At the moment things are not so bad, also team Olimpija will play in Austrian League next season. Players must play as many games as possible.

Do you train also now during holidays?

I play more basketball and soccer but I'll start to train soon.

Hi, you're one of the best! Do you follow soccer? Which foreign and home team is your favorite?

I follow soccer. Real Madrid and Maribor are my favorite teams.

Do you go on any Lakers or Clippers games? Will you go on LA Galaxy games when Beckham comes?

I was at some Lakers games, Galaxy started with season later.

What do you do during your free time in LA?

I walk on the beach and gather the energy
How do you move across LA?

I bought an Audi Q7.

Which NHL Hockey Hall has made the biggest impression on you? Which team has the best fans?

The best Hall is Staples Center and the best fans are in Canada.

How many points would you like to get next season?

82 points.

Which US city (besides LA) has made the biggest impression on you?

Dallas.

Is any player in the team who is in charge for covering your back?

Nobody covers my back.

If your father comes to LA will he become an assistant to the Kings coach or something like that??

Possible is that he'll coach younger selections.

Which national team coach (Savolainen, Viborny, Sator) has done most for Slovenian hockey?

All three are top coaches.

Who is the best goalie in the world?

Roberto Luongo.

It seems that you're very intelligent and mature. Would you ever change hockey for study and academic career?

I'm more into sport, it's hard for me to sit in front of the books.

Will you play inline hockey this summer??

Maybe I'll play a game or two.

How old were you when you stood on the skates for the first time?

Three and a half years.

We'll ask our guest three more questions!

How many hockey sticks have you broken this season?

Around 100.

What kind of music do you listen, which band is your favorite?

It depends on my mood. I like Siddharta very much.

How come you wear number 11?

They gave me this number at the club and I was drafted as number 11.

How much costs your jersey in the States?

330 dollars.

Thank you for your cooperation. See you in the next chat room.

Thanks for your answers and I wish you a nice day. Take care of yourself.

nki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Ogris

-NOTE-
I skipped some bits i claim to be non-essential, mainly annoucement's and things that are hard to correctly translate.
-NOTE END-

<Janez29> Hello Anze! Congratulations for a terrific season. What do you wan't to happen more, Keeping the slovenian national team i n group A or playing in the NHL playoffs? Good luck!

<Anze Kopitar> I would rather play in the NHL playoffs. I've never had that experience, and i hope it happens.

<simc> What did the coaches in the LA Kings organisations say you had to improve when you came to the NHL?

<Anze Kopitar> I have to improve physically, and i have to improve my overall game . I also have to improve at faceoffs.

<love_kopi> Hey, I was wondering when you were returning to LA?... We will miss you!

<Anze Kopitar> Somewhere in the middle or the end of august.

<jump> What was your favoruite goal while playing in the NHL?

<Anze Kopitar> My first goal in the league, against the Anaheim Ducks.

<kopi> Why do you think you were picked as a nominee for the Calder trophy?

<Anze Kopitar>My opinion doesen't matter, what matters is the opinon of the top men in the NHL.

<matija> What are the chances us hockey fans could see you in Canada next year? (We would be very happy if you were there)

<Anze Kopitar> If the Kings don't make the playoffs next year, it is possible i will play for Slovenia.

<kopi> Who do you think is the best player in the world?

<Anze Kopitar> Joe Thornton.

<jump> I was watching a show, and i saw you were a good waiter, are you a good chef as well?

<Anze Kopitar> Im an awfull chef.

<jump> When you joined the LA Kings what was the company like? Is it better now, or was it better back in Sweden?

<Anze Kopitar> Definetly in LA, people accepted me, and helped me right away.

<Roby> Did Saša Vujačič introduce you to Bryant? If so, what was the feeling like ?

<Anze Kopitar> I've never met Kobe Bryant.

<kopi> Where is it nicer? The USA or Slovenia?

<Anze Kopitar> Both places are very nice, but Slovenia is still nicer.

<Roby> What do you think of the national team, do you think they could make it into the top 8 teams in the world?

<Anze Kopitar> The top 8 teams are all very good, It's hard for outsiders to make it into the top 8. It's not impossible, but everything has to go almost too well.

<miranz> Hey. Congratulations on your achivements. What are your chances of staying with the Kings, are you maybe thinking of being traded to another club? Do you realisticaly think it could happen?

<Anze Kopitar> My contract still has 2 years on it, and if i had my say, i would stay with the Kings my entire career.

<gregorski> Hello, Do you think that if you put up the same preformance in Canada, as you did this year, you could stay in group A?.

<Anze Kopitar> Maybe, But we have to concentrate and give it our all over the course of 60 minutes. All our mistakes in the elite group are going to be noticed.

<Roby> Do you think your brother could play in the NHL as well?

<Anze Kopitar> I hope he is going to be better then me, and that he is going to play in the NHL very soon.

<dingo> Who are you rooting for in the Playoffs, what about the World Championship?

<Anze Kopitar> In the playoffs, it's Detroit, in the World Championship, Sweden.

<someone> Congratulations on a spectacular season!!Im wondering if any NHL club made you a very big offer??What NHL team would you play for if not for the Kins?!

<Anze Kopitar> No team can offer me anything while im under contract for the Kings, and i also hope to stay with the Kings.

<tenisac> Is it true that your Girlfriend is in LA and she is a tennis player?

<Anze Kopitar> I have a girlfriend, but she has never been to LA, nor is she doing any sports.

<robert> Are you good at any other sports, aside from hockey?

<Anze Kopitar> Tennis and basketball.

<pungy#19> What is your favourite and least favourite club to play against? Do you have friends from any other clubs? What did you think when Martin Erat hit you illegaly?

<Anze Kopitar>I like to play against the Ducks, but i don't like playing in Dallas. Most of us players are friendly to each other, but it happens that sometimes people throw illegal hits.

<andreja> What do you think is your best achivement this season?

<Anze Kopitar> Making the LA Kings team.

<anchy> I am a fan of Jesenice, and im wondering if your father is going to the USA?

<Anze Kopitar> Talks have already begun, and it looks like he is going with me.

<>hokeygirl>> Im wondering, what you would do in life if you wouldn't have played hockey.

<Anze Kopitar> I would probably play another sport..

<lolo> Do you think any other Slovenian player could make the NHL?

<Anze Kopitar> Maybe. Tomaž Razingar, Marcel Rodman, even Muršak and Andrej Hočevar.

<Bergkamp> Hey Kopitar! Your pay overseas isn't a secret, but how are you receiving it ? Monthly? Weekly? What about bonuses?

<Anze Kopitar> I get my pay every 14 days, bonuses depend on the players contract.

<matalaž> Hey Anze!! How long does your practice in the NHL last?

<Anze Kopitar> About 3-4 hours a day.

<jest> Which player do you think you have the most chemistry with on the ice?

<Anze Kopitar> I get along with everybody, but i think i get along the best with Brown.

<kopy#11> We know that you ended near dead last in the league table, are there any changes coming? Any players leaving? Congratulations on a good season.

<Anze Kopitar> I don't know about any changes in the team, only the GM knows who he is going to change.

<france> What other club would you play for if not LA

<Anze Kopitar> Detroit.

<jest> Where are you going to be on holiday?

<Anze Kopitar> Probably Dalmacija.

<tass> Hey! Congratulations on the achivements! I know LA is knows as a town full of celebrities, so im wondering if you met any of them?.

<Anze Kopitar> I personaly met Cuba Gooding Jr. But when the lakers play there is always a celebrity in the building.

<red_rose> Who did you miss the most when you were in LA?

<Anze Kopitar> My girlfriend and family.

<neza> Hey Anze. Does it bother you being famous? Do you have to do alot of interviews? Congratulations on the achivements.

<Anze Kopitar> It bothers me sometimes when ther are alot of interviews to do, but thats all part of being famous.

<anchy> Did the international ice surface size disturb you?

<Anze Kopitar> I needed a bit of practice but i adjusted..

<j> I saw that you are pretty tall and heavy, do you watch what you eat, or just eat what you like?

<Anze Kopitar> I try to maintain a low body fat during the summer, but during the regular season i eat what i like.

<liki> Do you look at any hockey forums, do you like being treated like a god by the fans?

<Anze Kopitar> I don't look at forums.

<care> What is it like in the arena, do you have any cheerleaders?

<Anze Kopitar> We don't have cheerleaders, But the air is filled with excitement in the arena.

<lena> Can Americans pronounce your name correctly, or do you have a nickname.

<Anze Kopitar> They call me Anžej, and my nicknames are Kopy or Koup.

<kruljec> Congratulations on a sucesefull start to your carrer. What do you think needs to improve in slovenian hockey.

<Anze Kopitar> It's good that Olimpija will play in the Ebel league. And i think players need to play as many games as possible

<kopistar> Do you train during the holidays?

<Anze Kopitar> Right now i play soccer and basketball, but im going to need to start training soon.

<matej> Hey, Congratulations you are are one of the best players in the world. Im wondering if you are watching soccer? What teams are you a fan of both in Slovenia, and in europe

<Anze Kopitar> I am a fan of Real Madrid, at home im a fan of Maribor.

<Krka> Do you go to Lakers and Clippers games? Will you watch soccer in the us when Beckham comes to LA Galaxy

<Anze Kopitar> I go to Lakers games, but not to Clippers games. Galaxy started their season a bit later.

<kopistar> What do you do in your free time

<Anze Kopitar> I walk down the beach and build up my energy.

<Krka> What do you use to travel around LA?

<Anze Kopitar> I own an Audi Q7.

<miranz> What is your favourite arena, and which team has the best fans?

<Anze Kopitar> My favourite arena is STAPLES Center, and the best fans are in Canada.

<SIIIIID> How many points do you wan't to score during the regular season next year?

<Anze Kopitar> 82 points.

<tass> What city made a big impression on you, apart from LA?

<Anze Kopitar> Dallas.

<tibe5> Do you have anyone covering your back? Who is it?

<Anze Kopitar> I don't have anyone to cover my back.

<david> If your dad comes over to LA, what are the chances of him joining the coaching staff in LA?

<Anze Kopitar> There is a chance he will coach our affiliates.

<Roby> From the following three: Savolainen, Viborny, Sator. Who made the biggest impact on slovenian hockey?

<Anze Kopitar> They all made a very big impact.

<matex> Who is the best goalie in the world?

<Anze Kopitar> Roberto Luongo.

<JMB> If you wouldn't play hockey, what would you have done? Would you have gone to universe and study?

<Anze Kopitar> I'm a sporty guy, i can't stand sitting and reading books.

<simon> Will you play any inline hockey this year???

<Anze Kopitar> It might happen that i will play a few games.

<kopistar> How old were you when you first started skating.

<Anze Kopitar> I was three and a half years old.

<nastja> How many hockey sticks did you break?

<Anze Kopitar> Around a 100.

<jest> What music do you listen to, who is your favourite group/singer?

<Anze Kopitar> Depends on my mood. I like Siddharta.

<nastja> How come you wear the number 11?

<Anze Kopitar> The club chose the number for me, due to being picked 11th in the draft.

<kopistar> How much does your jersey cost?

<Anze Kopitar> 330 American Dollars.

-NOTE-
I apologise for any spelling mistakes, im only human.
-NOTE END-

Ogris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish

thanks alot Ogris

Tatsdzyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 04:27 PM
FuTMaR*

man you coulda just went to LGK where they had it already translated.

FuTMaR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 05:04 PM
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor

<Anze Kopitar> My contract still has 2 years on it, and if i had my say, i would stay with the Kings my entire career.

That's nice to see...

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 05:51 PM
dabeechman

Kopitar is a good kid. Straight up.

He seems to have such loyalty to the Kings, its refreshing to see that.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 10:19 AM
zamo86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogris View Post
<matej> Hey, Congratulations you are are one of the best players in the world. Im wondering if you are watching soccer? What teams are you a fan of both in Slovenia, and in europe

<Anze Kopitar> I am a fan of Real Madrid, at home im a fan of Maribor.

zamo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamo86 View Post
If you're not a Manc, you're a ****.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote