HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Olli Jokinen?

Old
05-09-2007, 05:26 AM
PhillyFlyers1796

vCash: 500
Olli Jokinen?

With all the talk about trading for Richards and Marleau, would anyone have any interest in trading for Jokinen?

Hes still young (28 i think), and has been playing very well for florida. He has had 180 points since the lockout in 164 games (meaning he hasnt missed a game), which is more than richards or marleau. I'm not sure about his contract, but i think hes locked up for a few years.

I personally think hes a very underrated player, and if he can put up those numbers with the panthers, imagine what he could do on a line with gagne and knuble? Im not sure what it would take to get him, but if we could get him in a deal for our 2nd overall and another player, id be all for it.

Thoughts?

PhillyFlyers1796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 05:52 AM
Hammerwise

I just don't think they move him.

They gave up luongo, gave up bertuzzi, trading jokinen would kill their fan base and (as he just re-signed with them) kill their player relations.

Also the price for him might be prohibitive

Hammerwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 06:15 AM
mikedifr

Not sure he fits with Gagne as well as Richards (who fits like a glove) or Briere, but hey, I wouldnt complain if we got him for the right price. Very good player, and a little underrated in my opinion.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Jester

i think the Marleau talk is BS... and i see no real reason for Jokinen to be moved.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 07:00 AM
flyer_fury

i also don't think wilson will move patty, and as far as jokinen is concerned the price would be pretty high. with out olie all they have is horton

flyer_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 11:42 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
i think the Marleau talk is BS... and i see no real reason for Jokinen to be moved.
I'll tell you what's BS. People who think these top-line players are actually going to get traded.

Marleau - zero chance of being traded
Richards - slim enough chance that it's not worth getting excited about
Jokinen - less than zero chance of being traded

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I'll tell you what's BS. People who think these top-line players are actually going to get traded.

to be honest, i'll be pretty stoked if Tampa DOESN'T trade Richards... it'll actually suck if he gets traded to anyone but us in the East. if Feaster doesn't wisen up down there he's going to be stuck with a team that will be perpetually mediocre... which is good for anyone competing in the East given that they have some pretty good talent on that club.

if he trades Richards and gets some better depth on that club and some cap flexibility, he can build a scary friggin team built around Vinny, St. Louis, etc. With those three they'll continue to bleed good players whenever they get to a point where they deserve big contracts... i mean, they're going to have problems with players opting for arbitration, let alone UFAs.

Richards SHOULD get traded if Feaster is smart... doesn't mean he's going to. It's definitely worth thinking about, and Holmgren should definitely be calling Feaster prior to the draft to see if it might happen...

What happens in Tampa is going to be interesting, because they're having the problems that Pitt is going to have in a couple of years.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
No kidding.

Marleau is still San Jose's captain and signed to an affordable contract until the end of next year. This might not matter as much if they were in the middle of a re-build, but that's not the case. The Sharks can still ice a team that can compete for the a spot in the playoffs; As long as that can happen, the owners have a responsibility to ice a team that can make it.

The Florida Panthers, IMO, have two players that are untouchable...Bouwmeester and Jokinen. If the team is in playoff contention, those guys are held onto because of all they provide on and off the ice. If the team is out of playoff contention, those guys are held onto because of what they provide on the ice and their age. There really isn't a scenario I can imagine where the Panthers deal one of those two.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers1796 View Post
With all the talk about trading for Richards and Marleau, would anyone have any interest in trading for Jokinen?

Hes still young (28 i think), and has been playing very well for florida. He has had 180 points since the lockout in 164 games (meaning he hasnt missed a game), which is more than richards or marleau. I'm not sure about his contract, but i think hes locked up for a few years.

I personally think hes a very underrated player, and if he can put up those numbers with the panthers, imagine what he could do on a line with gagne and knuble? Im not sure what it would take to get him, but if we could get him in a deal for our 2nd overall and another player, id be all for it.

Thoughts?
I don't understand all these speculatory rumors swirling around players like Marleau and Jokinen.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I don't understand all these speculatory rumors swirling around players like Marleau and Jokinen.
That's because you're new here.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
what the hell else is there to talk about besides the draft? flights of fancy...

I think the Flyers should get... Crosby! We'll send them Umberger and our picks - he's from Pittsburgh right?

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 03:56 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post

Honestly did anyone think that Louie was going to get traded to Vancouver for Bertuzzi last year??

It's tough to believe that big names will get dealt but I can almost gaurantee you that at least one big name player will be traded in the offseason.

I don't expect a ton of moves to be made but with the free agent pool not being so great and the cap going up I wouldn't be suprised if some teams look at the trade route to add a player or two.

Doug Mclean was on OTR yesterday and he believes the cap is going to up to 49 million for next season which is a 5 million increase which gives teams some flexibilty to add a big ticket player without having to give up a big ticket player in return.

Something will happen...I wouldn't be suprised if your Flyers decide to trade that 2nd overall pick for a proven NHL star.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 04:08 AM
peteo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Not sure he fits with Gagne as well as Richards (who fits like a glove) or Briere, but hey, I wouldnt complain if we got him for the right price. Very good player, and a little underrated in my opinion.
Richards with his contract start with #23 pick or no deal.

peteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 07:42 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvcanucks007 View Post
Honestly did anyone think that Louie was going to get traded to Vancouver for Bertuzzi last year??

Something will happen...I wouldn't be suprised if your Flyers decide to trade that 2nd overall pick for a proven NHL star.

1) Yes. Not when it looked like he would sign an extension, but yes.

2) You obviously haven't been around the Flyers block.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote