HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Final Four Who Will Take Home the Clark Cup

Old
05-07-2007, 02:10 PM
youngblood

vCash: 500
Final Four Who Will Take Home the Clark Cup

Final Four, is set and ready to be played..Who do you think will be the Difference makers? And Which team do you think will win it all, and still be standing next week?

youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 04:39 PM
ThrashersBoi

Really, though it seems unlikely, I wouldn't hesitate to say Indiana. Undefeated since Charlie Skjodt took over for them, and they have knocked off Waterloo at home, and Cedar Rapids on the road. Plus, they had the 4 game sweep of Green Bay.

When you look at it, no one has played better than they have.

ThrashersBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Yeti
HFBoards Partner

This whole "Final Four" playoff format is really lame, imo. I've heard that attendance is down substantially in the playoffs this year, and that this new playoff format will be scrapped. Good riddance. Giving a team like Waterloo home ice advantage is stupid too. I don't understand what was wrong with the old playoff format.

Anyway, my pick is Sioux Falls. If Lundin can show up, they'll have an easy time. Corey Tropp will the difference maker on offense for the Stampede.

However, I won't be surprised if Des Moines wins it all though. They are the defending champs. Apart from Indiana, they're the hottest team right now. Aaron Palushaj is playing great for the Bucs.

Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 12:11 PM
youngblood

However, I won't be surprised if Des Moines wins it all though. They are the defending champs. Apart from Indiana, they're the hottest team right now. Aaron Palushaj is playing great for the Bucs.[/QUOTE]

I agree...there power play is going to need to be on fire, like it has been in the last two games.

youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 12:26 PM
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor

Agree that the playoff format is terrible, hope they fix it next season.

I think Waterloo will take it because they are 29-3 at home this season including the playoffs. Indiana and Des Moines have been playing very well lately though. All it takes is a hot goalie for one game.

amjay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Yeti
HFBoards Partner

Sioux Falls Stampede beat the Indiana Ice this afternoon in the first semi-final game. 3-2 in OT. Drew Fisher of the Stampede scored the GWG. Matt Lundin stopped 35 of 37 shots for the win.

Waterloo vs. Des Moines tonight at 7pm central. Winner of that game will face Sioux Falls in the championship game tomorrow (Saturday) night.

Old
05-12-2007, 10:54 PM
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor

Waterloo defeats Des Moines 1-0 in OT. Sioux Falls vs Waterloo tommorow night.

Old
05-13-2007, 12:47 AM
Yeti
HFBoards Partner

Go Stampede. I want to see a team from the West Division win it.

Old
05-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeti
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
Anyway, my pick is Sioux Falls. If Lundin can show up, they'll have an easy time. Corey Tropp will the difference maker on offense for the Stampede.
Not to toot my own horn, but I called it.

Sioux Falls Stampede beat the Waterloo Blackhawks 3-0 tonight to win the USHL championship. Goaltender Matt Lundin of the Stampede stopped 27 shots for the shutout. Even better, the Sioux Falls beat Waterloo on their home ice, where they are VERY tough.

Congrats to the Stampede. I'm glad to see a team from the West Division win it all. They deserved it.

Boxscore:
http://www.pointstreak.com/framed/pr...?gameid=464669

Old
05-13-2007, 11:51 PM
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor

Another reason why the new USHL playoff format is terrible. One game, one hot goalie, season over. Waterloo wins a 5 or 7 game series against Sioux Falls.

Old
05-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Yeti
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
Another reason why the new USHL playoff format is terrible. One game, one hot goalie, season over. Waterloo wins a 5 or 7 game series against Sioux Falls.
I disagree.

Waterloo was virtually unbeatable at home, and Sioux Fall shut them out.

I agree though that the playoff format is stupid. I just happen to believe Sioux Falls could have beaten Waterloo in a 7 game series. They faced tougher competition during the regular season, and that showed last night. I had the opportunity to watch Waterloo a couple of times on the road, and I thought they looked average at best. Sioux Falls was a much tougher team.