HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lebda

Old
05-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Chelios4President

vCash: 500
Lebda

I have just written a final scouting report for my Hockey GM and Scouting class and have choosen to write this final report on Lebda. Before turning it in, I am wanting to see what types of things you all would say are his assets and what are some of the areas you think he needs to work on, also what type of player do you project him to be as his time in the NHL grows? Thank you.

Chelios4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 01:25 PM
sarcastro

Lebda's biggest asset is obviously his speed. He plays feisty and can throw a good hip check but is not a good defender when he's not moving, as he is too small to handle big forwards with no momentum to work with.

His upside as I see it is as a 4th defenseman with a very solid partner, or more likely, as a very solid 5th defenseman and 2nd unit PP point man.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 03:01 PM
shveik

Lebda is a good skater with excellent balance and agility. Right now, his lack of offensive vision stops him from assuming a top 4 role as an offensive defenseman, and his lack of size does the same in the top 4 defensive role. I thought that last year, Lebda was also bad in the defensive zone (he was good in the neutral zone only IMO), and has really made strides this year in that area. If he can do the same in the offensive zone next year, he could become a #4 offensive defenseman for us.

shveik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 03:48 PM
FissionFire

Lebda struggles against a strong forecheck, and he's not much of a finisher. He does have the speed to burn by NHL defensemen and get quality chances on the net. He's also pretty bad at 1-on-1 lay still. He's like a new-generation Mathieu Dandenault in Detroit.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 12:55 AM
Chelios4President

Thank you for your opinions. I just wanted to compare what I had written to what others thought. Have a good one.

Chelios4President is offline   Reply With Quote