HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scouting Report on Scott Hartnell

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2007, 06:48 PM
  #1
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,938
vCash: 500
Scouting Report on Scott Hartnell

Panthers Fan living in Calgary (don't watch Preds' that often). He's UFA. this summer and seems to be high on the Panthers Wish List (along with Giggy/Backstrom).

How much will he garner on the open market this summer? Is he a Top 6 forward on Nash./could he be on Florida? What position(s) does he play? Florida is deepest up the middle (Jokinen,Weiss,Gratton + couple other options).

Thanks guys.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 09:31 PM
  #2
mmneely932
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Clarksville, Tn
Country: United States
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
If you can keep him out of the penalty box

mmneely932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 02:47 PM
  #3
FissionFire
Registered User
 
FissionFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 10,956
vCash: 500
He's a 20 goal guy who plays the body well. He's nasty, and has been accused of dirty play by some in the past. He's been known to run a goalie or two. He's still very young which would be perfect for the Panthers young core as he'd be in his prime the same time they are. He's a bit undisciplined and still takes bad penalties and make mistakes in his own zone. He'll also miss 6-12 games a season with injuries. He has the potential to become a 1st/2rd line winger who can score 25-35 goals consistently, but has to show the commitment to becoming more than a 3rd liner still.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2007, 06:42 AM
  #4
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
He's a 20 goal guy who plays the body well. He's nasty, and has been accused of dirty play by some in the past. He's been known to run a goalie or two. He's still very young which would be perfect for the Panthers young core as he'd be in his prime the same time they are. He's a bit undisciplined and still takes bad penalties and make mistakes in his own zone. He'll also miss 6-12 games a season with injuries. He has the potential to become a 1st/2rd line winger who can score 25-35 goals consistently, but has to show the commitment to becoming more than a 3rd liner still.
he's already scored 25 goals. He would have been closer to 27 or 28 this year, if not for breaking his foot blocking a shot, so calling him a 20 goal guy is a downgrade. He should be counted on for at least 25, given that he's done that for 2 years now from the third line. With more icetime, he'd be capable of more.

As for 6-12 games a year, he played in 81 games last year, and this year's injury was somewhat freakish, so I wouldn't call him "prone."

And his mistakes in his own zone are rare. He's actually pretty defensively responsible\can and has played on the PK.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 04:16 PM
  #5
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
he's already scored 25 goals. He would have been closer to 27 or 28 this year, if not for breaking his foot blocking a shot, so calling him a 20 goal guy is a downgrade. He should be counted on for at least 25, given that he's done that for 2 years now from the third line. With more icetime, he'd be capable of more.

As for 6-12 games a year, he played in 81 games last year, and this year's injury was somewhat freakish, so I wouldn't call him "prone."

And his mistakes in his own zone are rare. He's actually pretty defensively responsible\can and has played on the PK.
I agree with nomore on everything except the defensive zone stuff. He's one of our laziest backcheckers, IMHO and sometimes makes not attempt to get back.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 10:14 PM
  #6
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I agree with nomore on everything except the defensive zone stuff. He's one of our laziest backcheckers, IMHO and sometimes makes not attempt to get back.
I think he's fine if he's already back there....and I'm not sure he's "lazy," it just looks that way because his skating is so bad

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 10:39 PM
  #7
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,429
vCash: 500
Has there been much talk of Hartnell re-signing in Nashville?

Amen evil king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 10:41 PM
  #8
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehtonen32 View Post
Has there been much talk of Hartnell re-signing in Nashville?
All we've heard is that he'd like to re-sign, but the team has let on nothing about anyone. They play this stuff close to the vest.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 01:21 AM
  #9
Ajackalit
Registered User
 
Ajackalit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
All we've heard is that he'd like to re-sign, but the team has let on nothing about anyone. They play this stuff close to the vest.
he turned down a 3yr/$6.3 million offer

Ajackalit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 01:31 AM
  #10
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnonis View Post
he turned down a 3yr/$6.3 million offer
where did you see that?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 07:57 AM
  #11
barneyg
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
^ I don't think it really matters if it's true or not. He'll get a lot more than 2.1/yr on the UFA market; probably closer to 3-3.5 (it's what's been thrown around for some time). Around this forum, he'd fit well with at least the Flames and the Pens, and probably many other teams.

barneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 08:22 AM
  #12
jstreet
Sad McDavid
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Is Sad.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,514
vCash: 50
he's the kind of guy that would fit anywhere.

unless he is commanding an insane amount, we really need him back.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 09:26 AM
  #13
Snoil11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnonis View Post
he turned down a 3yr/$6.3 million offer
I suppose, that he can make much more this summer on the open market. Good decision, if it's true.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 01:15 PM
  #14
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnonis View Post
he turned down a 3yr/$6.3 million offer
Source?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 01:34 PM
  #15
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,680
vCash: 500
I say 3 mill a year.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2007, 11:04 AM
  #16
HeShootseyScores
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
he's the kind of guy that would fit anywhere.

unless he is commanding an insane amount, we really need him back.
Yes we do. We need more guys like him. Not less guys like him.

HeShootseyScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2007, 05:47 PM
  #17
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
All we've heard is that he'd like to re-sign, but the team has let on nothing about anyone. They play this stuff close to the vest.
Hey Paulie Nuts',stop trying to break my balls eh'

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.