HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1st overall pick value

Old
05-08-2007, 01:03 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
If Toews is signed, who here doesn't see him making the team? Even if we bring in top flight center, the only center worth a damn on this team is Patrick Sharp.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 01:18 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
If Toews is signed, who here doesn't see him making the team? Even if we bring in top flight center, the only center worth a damn on this team is Patrick Sharp.
If Toews signs, he's going right on the top 3 lines. Has to IMO

Mike Ryan is an UFA after this season, so I'd probably change that to MacArthur. That's a nice increase in prospects, though

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Gardebut30

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Hamilton put up numbers already at the NHL level, and Skille has shown a good deal at the AHL level..I cant put Toews above either of them right now.
Toews would make the team no question and would outperform both of those guys handily

Gardebut30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 08:09 PM
DRReclusive

Fully agreed.

DRReclusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 06:11 AM
TK79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Michael Handzus? And I suspect you also regard Tuomo Ruutu as a winger? That said Toews has been pretty awesome at the worlds.

TK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 12:07 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I do regard Ruutu as a winger, and it's doubtful that Handzus is back next year.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 02:35 PM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardebut30 View Post
Toews would make the team no question and would outperform both of those guys handily

Some interesting trade offers on here that make me kind of uneasy.

Afino for Kane may be OK straight up if that's Buffalo's direction but including any shopping list of other players is not happening.

And Pat Kane will be a first line player, trust me on that one.

I have seen Toews, Barker, Bolland, and many other in Junior and you can tell where they are headed.

The real reason Buffalo wants Kane is simple, he has star talent already playing his first season in Junior then winning the scoring race in many fewer games. Yes he also beat out John Tavares in points and probably 10 fewer games.

The Sabres are not dumb.

Karl Alzner as well peaks my interest he is just a defensive stud and will be an impact guy.

Sam Gagner too gets underated but will be a solid #2 center.

Which ever of your teams selects Pat or Sam be sure to send them back to London for another year. The Memorial Cup has been awarded to Kitchener 50 miles down the road here.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Gardebut30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
The real reason Buffalo wants Kane is simple, he has star talent already playing his first season in Junior then winning the scoring race in many fewer games. Yes he also beat out John Tavares in points and probably 10 fewer games.

The Sabres are not dumb.
Of course the Sabres aren't dumb, but if I'm Tallon they aren't going to bully me into making a trade I don't want to. Chicago holds the cards on this one if it comes down to making a deal with Buffalo. Drafting Kane first overall would be the perfect follow-up to the Sabres' success this year, especially if they win the Cup.

And that won't come cheap. The Sabres know that. Tallon knows that.

Old
05-10-2007, 05:17 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Of course the Sabres aren't dumb, but if I'm Tallon they aren't going to bully me into making a trade I don't want to. Chicago holds the cards on this one if it comes down to making a deal with Buffalo. Drafting Kane first overall would be the perfect follow-up to the Sabres' success this year, especially if they win the Cup.

And that won't come cheap. The Sabres know that. Tallon knows that.
But it takes an idiot to know an idiot. If you think Regier is going to sell the farm to get Kane, you've got another thing coming. Look at it as something that's extremely appealing, and something he'd execute if the trade was doable.

If you think you're milking Afinogenov, Stafford, Connolly, Zagrapan, the rights to the Sluggo, and Ryan Miller from the Sabres, or an equivalent of that from another team for the #1 pick, you're sorely mistaking.

Afinogenov isn't some crumbum from the SEL. He's a proven NHLer with a talent pool that's unlike any other.

Old
05-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Gardebut30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuddy View Post
But it takes an idiot to know an idiot. If you think Regier is going to sell the farm to get Kane, you've got another thing coming. Look at it as something that's extremely appealing, and something he'd execute if the trade was doable.

If you think you're milking Afinogenov, Stafford, Connolly, Zagrapan, the rights to the Sluggo, and Ryan Miller from the Sabres, or an equivalent of that from another team for the #1 pick, you're sorely mistaking.

Afinogenov isn't some crumbum from the SEL. He's a proven NHLer with a talent pool that's unlike any other.
I'm not saying anything of the sort.

I know were not talking Crosby here. I'm simply saying that from a Hawks perspective the first overall would and should hold more value in a trade with Buffalo than it would with another team. The difference in value won't be nearly as substantial as Chicago acquiring a proven young player like Vanek, but it's not chump change either.

Tallon will have some leverage to work with and that's never a bad thing. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Old
05-11-2007, 02:22 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
I'm not saying anything of the sort.

I know were not talking Crosby here. I'm simply saying that from a Hawks perspective the first overall would and should hold more value in a trade with Buffalo than it would with another team. The difference in value won't be nearly as substantial as Chicago acquiring a proven young player like Vanek, but it's not chump change either.

Tallon will have some leverage to work with and that's never a bad thing. No need to get your panties in a bunch.
My panties are far from bunched, brother, I have bigger problems to worry about than trade proposals (the Sens)!!

I see what you mean now, but I'm not sure I agree with it. Why would the deal be stingier with Buffalo? Just because of our success? Or because of it being Kane, the hometown kid?

And yeah, I think when you have the #1 pick, you definitely have leverage.

Old
05-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Zim

Quote:
My panties are far from bunched, brother, I have bigger problems to worry about than trade proposals (the Sens)!!

I see what you mean now, but I'm not sure I agree with it. Why would the deal be stingier with Buffalo? Just because of our success? Or because of it being Kane, the hometown kid?

And yeah, I think when you have the #1 pick, you definitely have leverage.
There is the hometown aspect and if Buffalo win the cup it would be great to follow that up with the #1 pick. The anticipation for the next season would be huge.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Gardebut30

Quote:
Why would the deal be stingier with Buffalo? Just because of our success? Or because of it being Kane, the hometown kid?
Drafting the hometown kid #1 after all of Buffalo's recent success and possibly a Cup this year would only help boost marketing and revenues. From a business standpoint, it'd be the organization's wet dream. But as I acknowledged earlier, they would'nt do this at any cost as Buffalo isn't stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
There is the hometown aspect and if Buffalo win the cup it would be great to follow that up with the #1 pick. The anticipation for the next season would be huge.
Pretty much that's all I was trying to say.

Old
05-12-2007, 12:24 PM
chi777

Quote:
Drafting the hometown kid #1 after all of Buffalo's recent success and possibly a Cup this year would only help boost marketing and revenues. From a business standpoint, it'd be the organization's wet dream. But as I acknowledged earlier, they would'nt do this at any cost as Buffalo isn't stupid.

Pretty much that's all I was trying to say.
The Sabres have sold $70-80mil in merch so far this year. We don't need any extra help in that dept. Kane is top 5 in this years weak draft and he probably projects out to be a 70-80 pt player if everything goes very well. 2 roster players and a pick at most.

chi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2007, 12:29 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi777 View Post
The Sabres have sold $70-80mil in merch so far this year. We don't need any extra help in that dept. Kane is top 5 in this years weak draft and he probably projects out to be a 70-80 pt player if everything goes very well. 2 roster players and a pick at most.
You know this... how? You single-handedly predict (properly) all players' projections before they even get drafted and even sniff the NHL?

We don't know what Kane will be like. But don't act like he's some crumbum that'd go 78th in any other draft year. You don't know, brother!

Old
05-13-2007, 08:46 AM
chi777

Quote:
You know this... how? You single-handedly predict (properly) all players' projections before they even get drafted and even sniff the NHL?

We don't know what Kane will be like. But don't act like he's some crumbum that'd go 78th in any other draft year. You don't know, brother!
What the hell is the matter with you? Welcome to my ignore list. You are the first.

chi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2007, 09:30 AM
gallagt01

Drafting Kane would be awesome.

Make him a center and get Kaleta to develop hockey playing ability (while agitating )

Kennedy-Kane-Kaleta

Kaleta would be COMPLETE.

His usual mornings would consist of eating nails, going to the rink, working out, getting ready for the game, scoring goals, whooping ass.

And then, twins.

Edit: just realized that using the first letter of their last name to make a line-acronym-nickname is ugh....

ugh oh

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Stuy

For me Afino is to inconsistent at times but I do like him.

For me all deals start with Vanek then you have my full attention. Other than that if I'm Tallon i'm making the pick.

05-15-2007, 04:49 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi777 View Post
What the hell is the matter with you? Welcome to my ignore list. You are the first.
you make a stupid comment like that, and your asking whats wrong with him!! ahhahahahahahaha

Pat Kane is going to put up 70- 80 points a year and no more because you said so right!! ahahahahahahaha.

And how many teams would take that production right now?? The Hawks could easily get 2 top flight prospects, a current very good NHLer and another pick for what you think he can do.

nobody knows what this kid or any of them for that matter are capable of. I believe he is going to be a dynamite first line player, but I sure as heck am not throwing out point total predictions already.. U ARE IGNORED!

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote