HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Where do you guys buy your jerseys?

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2007, 10:39 AM
trueblue9441

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
authentic jerseys

hey guys i i think im guna get a new authentic jersey for my bday and im guna buy it online.. im at sportsk.com right now is that a reliable place? its only 225 but im wondering about the quality so if anyones shopped there or any other places online for a jersey please let me know.. thanks

Old
04-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Speedtrials

I have never used (Sportsk.) but I was reading a thread by a Montreal fan who was upset that they didn't put the proper size numbers on his authentic Kostitsyn jersey. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=372534 . If that link doesn't work, the thread is in the first page or two of the Montreal section of HFBoards. Not really sure where the best place would be to get one, but I guess the official NHL Store would be reliable. That also may have been a fluke with (sportsk) but I figured I should give you that headsup.

Old
04-24-2007, 11:39 AM
trueblue9441

thanks for the headsup.. well see what happens i dont think itll come out bad i was guna order from icejerseys.com but all they had was the alternate and i didnt want that

Old
04-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
I've never ordered from sportsk, but I've heard nothing but good things.

For the record, though, I HAVE ordered from Coolhockey, and while they are located in Canada, they ship quickly, their prices are generally the same as Sportsk, and I havn't been dissapointed.

Old
04-24-2007, 12:40 PM
bd6675

I got an authentic road jersey (Lundqvist) from sportsk.com two weeks ago and I was completely satisfied with the jersey. Everything looked spot on to me. In fact, I picked up an authentic home jersey as well and I am going to send it to them to do the sewing of the letters and numbers. Hope that helps.

BD6675

Old
04-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Scotty Hockey

I've never had any issues with River City Sports ... www.rivercitysports.com ...

Old
05-14-2007, 11:16 AM
matlamenace

Quote:
I have never used (Sportsk.) but I was reading a thread by a Montreal fan who was upset that they didn't put the proper size numbers on his authentic Kostitsyn jersey. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=372534 . If that link doesn't work, the thread is in the first page or two of the Montreal section of HFBoards. Not really sure where the best place would be to get one, but I guess the official NHL Store would be reliable. That also may have been a fluke with (sportsk) but I figured I should give you that headsup.
I'm the one who bought This jersey.

I ordered 6 or 7 jerseys and they always were perfect. I just had this problem, but they are ok for a total refund. They answer very quickly and they are honest.

I asked a total refund for my jersey and sportsk accepted this. Finally i said to them that a wanted keep the jersey and sportsk send me a free customiezed jersey (150$) of my choice in their stock!!!

I received a perfect black STAAL #11 one week later!

class act don't you think?

Old
05-14-2007, 06:31 PM
trueblue9441

yeah i ended up getting my jersey from them and it was awesome.. came out perfect

Old
05-14-2007, 08:10 PM
RyutinTyutin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstranged View Post
I've never had any issues with River City Sports ... www.rivercitysports.com ...
Funny story about River City Sports... Ordered a white Tyutin jersey from there - took about 6 weeks to get here, when it did, I opened the package up, and it the name and number on the back looked phenomenal - just perfect, really good stuff. Until I turned it around and the front of the jersey read RANGARS. I've returned it and am waiting anxiously for the replacement!

Old
05-15-2007, 04:13 AM
jhnyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyutinTyutin View Post
Funny story about River City Sports... Ordered a white Tyutin jersey from there - took about 6 weeks to get here, when it did, I opened the package up, and it the name and number on the back looked phenomenal - just perfect, really good stuff. Until I turned it around and the front of the jersey read RANGARS. I've returned it and am waiting anxiously for the replacement!
Was the tag on the inside "Made in Canada"... or was it one of the cheaper "Made in Indonesia" jerseys?

Old
05-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Fantom

New NHL jerseys next season maybe wait ?

Old
05-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Greg in MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
Authentic Edges will be pushing $325 blank, only available in TEAM COLOR or WHITE (3rd jerseys aren't being worn anymore), and may or may not have a different design.

Not my cup of tea.

Old
05-15-2007, 12:43 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
I'd say rush to get the classic while it's still available.

Old
05-15-2007, 01:09 PM
dank

looked on shop.nhl.com because of this thread and found this:

blech... how arrogant and annoying..

Old
05-15-2007, 05:45 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I ordered my jersey from Sportsk and was very pleased with not only the quality but their level of Customer Service.... They answered all my questions in a timely manner, notified me when the jersey was sent for Customization, and also notified me when it shipped... I ordered mine last season and got it in 3 weeks...

Definitely buying from them again...

Keep an eye out, they usually do a promotional deal at the end of the summer around early August... I think they were selling authentics for like $210 or so last summer....

Old
05-15-2007, 05:50 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I ordered my jersey from Sportsk and was very pleased with not only the quality but their level of Customer Service.... They answered all my questions in a timely manner, notified me when the jersey was sent for Customization, and also notified me when it shipped... I ordered mine last season and got it in 3 weeks...

Definitely buying from them again...

Keep an eye out, they usually do a promotional deal at the end of the summer around early August... I think they were selling authentics for like $210 or so last summer....
Is $225 their regular price for a custom authentic? How does that stack up against other places?

Old
05-15-2007, 10:04 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post

wow, im suprised the NHL would make that...i might expect some sabres website to make that but an actual NHL shirt, suprising

Old
05-16-2007, 12:27 AM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannyNYR View Post
Was the tag on the inside "Made in Canada"... or was it one of the cheaper "Made in Indonesia" jerseys?
Dude. I'd be more impressed that they spelled Tyutin right instead of spelling "Rangers" wrong. That is, if it was made in Indonesia.

Old
05-16-2007, 12:31 AM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post

I can deal with it. I mean, when you're the best team in the league during the regular season I guess you need SOMETHING to hang your hat on..

Old
05-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSteve View Post
I can deal with it. I mean, when you're the best team in the league during the regular season I guess you need SOMETHING to hang your hat on..
perhaps a President's Trophy t-shirt would be more appropriate...

Old
05-16-2007, 05:28 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Is $225 their regular price for a custom authentic? How does that stack up against other places?
That's a good price for a jersey... I only really checked out there and coolhockey.com... But I heard some Customer Service issues from some other fans w/ cool hockey (about back ordered jerseys) and nothing but good things about SportsK....

SportsK has a Customer Feedback section (LONG LIST) and people generally seemed to be pleased with their service... To me it's not worth it to try some unknown website just to save $10-$15...

I think you would be happy ordering from there... The quality of the jersey when it's finished is excellent. Just make sure you order the right size because they don't accept returns on Customized jerseys (unless there was some sort of defect of course).

Old
05-16-2007, 06:55 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
That's a good price for a jersey... I only really checked out there and coolhockey.com... But I heard some Customer Service issues from some other fans w/ cool hockey (about back ordered jerseys) and nothing but good things about SportsK....

SportsK has a Customer Feedback section (LONG LIST) and people generally seemed to be pleased with their service... To me it's not worth it to try some unknown website just to save $10-$15...

I think you would be happy ordering from there... The quality of the jersey when it's finished is excellent. Just make sure you order the right size because they don't accept returns on Customized jerseys (unless there was some sort of defect of course).
Thanks. As far as sizing goes, it won't be a problem fitting the letters/numbers on a size 46 would it? I have a non customized authentic 48 and it's a little big.

Also, why are customized Detroit jerseys $20 less? It this place based in Detroit?

Old
05-17-2007, 05:36 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Thanks. As far as sizing goes, it won't be a problem fitting the letters/numbers on a size 46 would it? I have a non customized authentic 48 and it's a little big.

Also, why are customized Detroit jerseys $20 less? It this place based in Detroit?
probably because the nme and number is only one color.

Old
05-17-2007, 07:48 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
I read this thread yesterday, got all jazzed up, and almost ordered a jersey from SportsK.

But I hesitated, because I didn't know what player to get...

If any of you were going to get a jersey now, what player would you get? Who do you think will still be around in 5 years? I know Lundqvist will probably be here, but I want a skater... not a goalie.

The only thing 2 players I entertained thoughts of were Callahan and Avery... but even then, I'm not sure they're here for the long haul. What do you all think?

Adam Tensta's from the 163
Old
05-17-2007, 08:02 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Anybody know what Number Staal will be?

Closed Thread