HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blaming the refs!?!?

Old
05-13-2007, 08:55 AM
LetsgoCanes

vCash: 500
Blaming the refs!?!?

Can we make a pact on here for next year that we will not try to blame the refs during every game? I mean to tell you ....I love to read these boards but at least half of the posts during game time are blaming the refs....jeez louisseee....bad calls and GOOD calls and calls that go for us... are all part of the game.

It would be refreshing to be able to join other Caniacs next year in talking about the game and not bellyaching. I am sure this subject has been breached before. I am not sure that it is possible to achieve this but I am hoping that collectively we can come up with a posting system that doesn't have half the posts about refs.

my two cents

LetsgoCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2007, 09:17 AM
TheDakkster*

red wing fan here... I agree totally. what I go nuts about is that fans of EVERY team cry and moan about how the refs are screwing them over. it's the same for everybody, so get over it.

good post.

TheDakkster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2007, 09:59 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

I usually post in the game day threads I don't go to and are able to see on TV (which amount to like 50 a year) and I really don't notice the whining about the refs all that much unless it's a pretty bad call or a questionable call at an important time.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2007, 07:35 PM
LetsgoCanes

I understand but I would consider it the first "excuse" .....around playoff time it seems to the number 1 2 and 3 reasons

LetsgoCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Well we're not in the playoffs so is this not an odd time to be bringing up whining about the refs? I read the game day threads, don't always post, and I haven't found there to be an excess of whining about the reffing. Maybe if you go to the official canes forums where there's a high number of bandwagoners and other uneducated hockey fans it'll stick out but we have a pretty good group of knowledgable hockey fans on hfboards so I don't think whining about reffing when it's not called for is an issue.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Canes4me

Two words..................... Mick McGeough

Canes4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2007, 07:51 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 2498
GENERALLY reffing isn't the cause of a loss and I've been cutting back on the amount I ***** about it over the past couple seasons. That said, there are still times where it's blatantly one-sided, where non-calls lead to goals, where plays that are still obviously live and end up as goals are blown dead, etc. THAT is when you will see me *****ing about the refs. Two refs have earned my ire over the past couple seasons about this more then any others: Don van Massenhoven (or massivehoser as I've been known to call him) and Mick McGeough (this year especially). But overall, it's a non-issue and it comes more down to consistency then it does to anything else. What's a call from one ref isn't from another, etc.

That said, there is no reffing conspiracy. There is no desire by the refs to see certain teams do well and others do poorly, with what the league just went through with the lockout that's the LAST thing the league wants to do to re-gain at least some kind of respectability. And flat out, unless it's blatant, to blame a loss on the refs is a copout.

Last edited by DaveG: 05-14-2007 at 07:57 AM.
DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 07:31 PM
DeputyDan

Bad officials can cost you a game but not a season.

Bad officiating can go for you and against you. Just depends on which side you are rooting for.

DeputyDan is offline   Reply With Quote