HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When Ray Met Dom

Old
05-15-2007, 04:03 PM
lauzzylulu

vCash: 500
When Ray Met Dom

I know there's a way to go, but I'm hoping that Ottawa and Detroit meet in the cup final so that the Sens can stick it to Hasek. What are people's thoughts on that potential match-up?

lauzzylulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 04:13 PM
druthemole

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauzzylulu View Post
I know there's a way to go, but I'm hoping that Ottawa and Detroit meet in the cup final so that the Sens can stick it to Hasek. What are people's thoughts on that potential match-up?
I for one would think it would be much sweeter if we face the Ducks....... I mean, wouldn't it be funny if Dom was watching from his golf-cart???

druthemole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 04:14 PM
vdB

well Sens vs Ducks couldve very well been the finals in '03...so it might be fitting for us.

vdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 04:16 PM
joe_shannon_1983*

Send a message via MSN to joe_shannon_1983*
Detroit is boring.

I would prefer Anaheim.

joe_shannon_1983* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 04:17 PM
gampy

I don't want to "stick it" to Dom. It wasn't his fault he was shipped out of Ottawa. Muckler took a chance on Hasek's groin and Ottawa paid the price. Detroit is doing the same this year and it seems to be paying off. I have no ill will towards Hasek, in fact I thought Muckler should have kept him here. But he would not have been able to take a chance twice.

The guy makes no money except in the playoffs. The guy will never retire willingly. He just wants more Stanley Cups.

But it would be an interesting side-story. Detroit does not scare me as much as Anaheim, so it I would prefer Detroit.

gampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Jasper

I would LOVE to see it. The Sens get revenge on NJ for beating them out of the ECF's in the game 7 a few years ago...they get revenge on Buffalo for last year...then they get revenge on that jackass for quitting on the team last post-season... couldn't be any sweeter in my mind if that's the way it works out... oh yeah, and taking out Sid and the Gang first round wasn't too bad either.

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 05:43 PM
tomfoolery

I think it would a great match up with exciting playoff hockey. I would love to see the Sens stick it to that lame ass Hasek. Perhaps scoring the cup winning goal in ot in game 6 on a pp after Hasek plays the puck in the forbidden zone.

tomfoolery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 06:00 PM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

As much fun as it would be to stick to old man Hasek and show him up , I don't think it would be such a great series. Since in my opinion , they are both very equal teams and I think Otttawa can of course beat either of them , I would like to see a very entertaining and exciting Cup Final and Anaheim would be the far better series. Anaheim has been expected to have deep run and go to the Final or even win the Cup all season , they have a stacked team and we match up very well with them. Selanne, Mcdonald , Getzlaf , Perry, Penner , Kunitz , Pronger , Nidermayer , Beauchemin , Giguere.
My one fear with Detroit would be that thier verterans and experience will grind us down , guys like Lidstrom , Draper , Maltpy , Holmstrom , Chelios. Although in a longer series we would wear them out since we are the far younger team.

The_Heat_Is_On_15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 06:03 PM
heatley_fan*

Ottawa has a better chance of beating Detroit than Anaheim

heatley_fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 06:15 PM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatley_fan View Post
Ottawa has a better chance of beating Detroit than Anaheim
Yeah that is very true. We beat them this year

Old
05-15-2007, 06:28 PM
thinkwild
Veni Vidi Toga

Ray already beat Dom earlier this year where he had some great quote about how he was looking forward to beating the old man or something? And then Emery stole the game for us with a brilliant performance.

But Both Ana and Det have been to the finals before while we will be wide eyed newbies. Its hard to like our chances of being favourites against either team.

thinkwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 06:48 PM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkwild View Post
Ray already beat Dom earlier this year where he had some great quote about how he was looking forward to beating the old man or something? And then Emery stole the game for us with a brilliant performance.

But Both Ana and Det have been to the finals before while we will be wide eyed newbies. Its hard to like our chances of being favourites against either team.
That win against Detroit was easily Emery's best game of the year , if you recall he made 40 saves. He was the reason we won that that game ....oh and Spezza's two beautiful goals.

Old
05-15-2007, 08:02 PM
RTWAP*

I'd rather not talk about it until we've actually won this series.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 08:04 PM
bastone

I would love to face the Red Wings

bastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 08:07 PM
joe_shannon_1983*

Send a message via MSN to joe_shannon_1983*
The Ducks are different than any team we have faced thus far.

They are probably the only team in the NHL who is more physical and meaner than us.

They combine this with a lot of speed and stingy defense.

joe_shannon_1983* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 08:36 PM
rban*

What IS IT with people who want an 'entertaining series', or want a fairy-tale story-line??

As Ottawa fans, there should be only one deciding factor in terms of which team we want to face: that being, which one will be easiest for us to beat. Cuz the goal is for us to win the Cup, right?

Not to create cutesy plot-lines, or to entertain fans with spectacular shows.

Who cares about the 'it'd be sweet revenge if Emery beat Dom', or Detroit 'bores me', or 'I've seen too much of that same old crew of Holmstrom, Draper, Lidstrom, I wanna see something new'.

WHo cares about boredom, or revenge, or the desire to see fresh faces? The desire to see Alfie hoisting the Cup ought to be the only desire.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 08:39 PM
rban*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckGuy0218 View Post
The Ducks are different than any team we have faced thus far.

They are probably the only team in the NHL who is more physical and meaner than us.

They combine this with a lot of speed and stingy defense.

Yeah, I agree to some xtent; I actually thought SJ is the most mean and physical, and kinda breathed a sigh of relief when Detroit beat them.

Actually, with Kunitz injured, they probably have three players who are young talented and big/mean: Penner, Getlaf, Perry. Is McDonald such a mean tough player, or is he skilled and 'softer' like Selanne? I dont know their team that well..

It helps us that Kunitz is out for the playoffs, and if we face Detroit it's also a good thing that Schneider is gone for the playoffs as well. On our part, we have no one injured os bad that they're bounced: Eaves is ready to play if necessary, and rumour has it Comrie has a sepatrated shoulder but he's still laying (I worry most about hi in terms of inujury: hope this Sabres series ends without any disaster befalling him)

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 10:29 PM
vdB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
What IS IT with people who want an 'entertaining series', or want a fairy-tale story-line??

As Ottawa fans, there should be only one deciding factor in terms of which team we want to face: that being, which one will be easiest for us to beat. Cuz the goal is for us to win the Cup, right?

Not to create cutesy plot-lines, or to entertain fans with spectacular shows.

Who cares about the 'it'd be sweet revenge if Emery beat Dom', or Detroit 'bores me', or 'I've seen too much of that same old crew of Holmstrom, Draper, Lidstrom, I wanna see something new'.

WHo cares about boredom, or revenge, or the desire to see fresh faces? The desire to see Alfie hoisting the Cup ought to be the only desire.
Maybe because there is no "easier" team???

vdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 10:36 PM
GoSensGo

Well, first of all, good thing I have a wood computer desk (touching wood the whole time while even thinking about this thread).

I agree. Let's win the Conference final first.

That being said, I did comment today that no series is over until it is over; however, the Ottawa players had better be dead if they lose 4 straight, because the Ottawa fans will kill them!

IF (not wanting to spoil any mojo! so I repeat IF) we get to the "finals"...I would rather play Detroit. I've watched some of the Detroit/Anaheim series and the Ducks are DIRTY! That, and I really like the Dominator! Okay, I would like Sugar Ray to beat him just like we did this season in four games out of seven at LEAST, but I respect the Dom.

IMHO. Be nice. Don't smack me too hard!

GoSensGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2007, 01:21 AM
lauzzylulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post

Not to create cutesy plot-lines, or to entertain fans with spectacular shows...

I do. I follow hockey cuz it's entertaining. Living on a small island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean means I don't have the luxury to ask: 'who cares about the boredom?' My response is: Why follow hockey if it's boring? The NHL has made great strides to improve an already great game but has a ways to go yet. As someone who grew up in the NCR I want to see Ottawa win, of course. But a little spice added to the series can't hurt.
The better the hockey, the more entertaining, the greater the reason to watch. Despite my interest in seeing Ray and Dom meet, I hear those of you who write that an Anaheim-Ottawa series could well be better hockey.

Last edited by lauzzylulu: 05-16-2007 at 01:30 AM.
lauzzylulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Lexicon Devil

Quote:
Ottawa would clearly be the favourite against either team.

Lexicon Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2007, 01:37 AM
Crazyhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Heat_Is_On_15 View Post
As much fun as it would be to stick to old man Hasek and show him up , I don't think it would be such a great series. Since in my opinion , they are both very equal teams and I think Otttawa can of course beat either of them , I would like to see a very entertaining and exciting Cup Final and Anaheim would be the far better series. Anaheim has been expected to have deep run and go to the Final or even win the Cup all season , they have a stacked team and we match up very well with them. Selanne, Mcdonald , Getzlaf , Perry, Penner , Kunitz , Pronger , Nidermayer , Beauchemin , Giguere.
My one fear with Detroit would be that thier verterans and experience will grind us down , guys like Lidstrom , Draper , Maltpy , Holmstrom , Chelios. Although in a longer series we would wear them out since we are the far younger team.
I am routing for the Sens, but come on, that talk is getting old. Calgary and San Jose fans said the same. A matchup against Detroit would be very even, i don't think the age would be a factor at all.

Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2007, 07:16 AM
ladybugblue

After watching last nights game...I think it will be hard for the Ducks to win the series. Pronger/Niedermayer might get suspended and the Wings were playing very well. I don't know what is the best matchup for the Sens but I think the Wings would be a difficult opponent, even with their injuries on the blue line. PLus both teams have made it to the finals before and have more experience.

Let's win tonight so we can discuss the next opponent more thoroughly!!

Go Sens Go!!

ladybugblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Agasthya

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTWAP View Post
I'd rather not talk about it until we've actually won this series.
No kidding.

Agasthya is offline   Reply With Quote