HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Drake

Old
05-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Gman7191

vCash: 500
Drake

what is going to happen to Drake? I honestly dont really want him on the team next year although he is a great leader, but I think his game is just declining to much.

Gman7191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 02:17 AM
romlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman7191 View Post
what is going to happen to Drake? I honestly dont really want him on the team next year although he is a great leader, but I think his game is just declining to much.
He's not going to retire and is under contract for next year. So he is going to be a blue next year, for better or worse. And maybe if his play time is reduced and he's on the bottom line he still might be helpfull.

Last edited by romlc: 05-15-2007 at 02:22 AM. Reason: jkghj
romlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 02:41 PM
StLooFrenchy

If last season was any indicator, injuries will shelf him for significant stretches, opening up a spot for a youngster, while still keeping him around for his valued leadership.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Gman7191

Quote:
If last season was any indicator, injuries will shelf him for significant stretches, opening up a spot for a youngster, while still keeping him around for his valued leadership.
and the cap hit he carries with him

Gman7191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2007, 05:21 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Because of the cap hit either way, it makes no difference from a financial standpoint if Drake is playing or not. The issue is purely ice time/can he contribute. Drake is a very proud guy and obviously doesn't want to admit he's done. The Blues don't want to give an ultimatum to their captain, particularly since I think they want to keep him in the organization after his playing career.

So, the way I predict it shakes out is he starts the season on the roster, but there is a huge fudge factor in the injury situation. Drake plays in a way that leads to getting banged up anyway, and with his age and state of his body I just think all parties will take the graceful way out which is he's "injured." I would guess he spends all but 15-20 games out of the lineup and this issue of what the Blues do with him is taken care of on its own.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote