HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Ellerby/Mayorov at #9 - Here's why...

Old
05-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

vCash: 500
Ellerby/Mayorov at #9 - Here's why...

my options were:
1. watch Karaoke Idol with the wife and try not to kill myself, or
2. solve all of the organization's questions about who to draft in the 9-hole

Naturally, I decided to step up for the club and give the scouting staff one less thing to worry about. Infallible logic and unconventional wisdom come together to form the perfect scouting recipe....something even Jarmo and his staff have possibly overlooked for years. So ladies & gents, I give you who I feel are the Blues 10 most likely choices for the #9 pick, and a reason why the Blues need not look beyond the prospect's name....afterall, it's all in the name.

(Anagrams courtesy of wordsmith.rg)

*Mickael Backlund - perhaps the injuries that plagued this season plague his entire career? afterall his name has bad manlike luck written all over it.
*Logan Couture - skating concerns could be enough to make him fall to the bottom of the 1st round....likely because he can outrace no lug
*Angelo Esposito - some question his heart and sometimes his effort, maybe because at times he elapses into goo
*Sam Gagne - maybe it's his size, but for some reason his name means gag
*Brandon Sutter -If you're hoping to see another Brian or Brent, you might get another Richie or Ronnie. Burned, not star.....which is what some club might get if they expect too much of him
*Zach Hamill - don't know why, but I expect the Kings or Ducks to come away with him on draft day b/c his future shows zilch, LA ham
*Ryan McDonagh - A possible stud on the blueline, or a horrible contract...but I see him referred to as "my dang anchor" by his club
*Lars Eller - the darkhorse/question mark of the draft....not because he's plays in a questionable league or because he's still relatively unknow after a late emergence...but because his name is a lousy anagram. Don't be surprised to see the Blues take him on conventional scouting merrits alone.

That takes us to the Blues top two choices for the #9 pick - Mayorov & Ellerby. Now if the Blues trade up for Cherepanov or vanRiemsdyk (or whomever) this whole debate is kaput, as I haven't 'researched' most of the guys expected to go ahead of from where the Note currently select (Voracek, vanRiemsdyk, Alzner, Turris, Cherepanov, Kane)

*Maxim Mayorov - this white Russian might give the Blues some offense, afterall they could use some max ivory ammo
*Keaton Ellerby - though many in Blues-nation would cringe at the thought of drafting another defenseman so early, a blueline of EJ & Ellerby could be monsters as this kid is a keener tallboy

now...like traditional scouting, this is an art not a science....afterall would espionage tools change their opinion of Angelo Esposito? though you are free to draw you own conclusions as to the validity of these claims, I'd highly advise Jarmo and his staff to consider these insights when making their selection. who knows they may find another guy that they can make/let snipe, like they did with the 148th pick of 2003 - Lee Stempniak

[/ ]

Last edited by Stealth JD: 05-09-2007 at 08:37 AM.
Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmans Domain View Post
my options were:
1. watch Karaoke Idol with the wife and try not to kill myself, or
2. solve all of the organization's questions about who to draft in the 9-hole

Naturally, I decided to step up for the club and give the scouting staff one less thing to worry about. Infallible logic and unconventional wisdom come together to form the perfect scouting recipe....something even Jarmo and his staff have possibly overlooked for years. So ladies & gents, I give you who I feel are the Blues 10 most likely choices for the #9 pick, and a reason why the Blues need not look beyond the prospect's name....afterall, it's all in the name.

(Anagrams courtesy of wordsmith.rg)

*Mickael Backlund - perhaps the injuries that plagued this season plague his entire career? afterall his name has bad manlike luck written all over it.
*Logan Couture - skating concerns could be enough to make him fall to the bottom of the 1st round....likely because he can outrace no lug
*Angelo Esposito - some question his heart and sometimes his effort, maybe because he elapses into goo
*Simon Gagne - maybe it's his size, but for some reason his name means gag
*Brandon Sutter -If you're hoping to see another Brian or Brent, you might get another Richie or Ronnie. Burned, not star.....which is what some club might get if they expect too much of him
*Zach Hamill - don't know why, but I expect the Kings or Ducks to come away with him on draft day b/c his future shows zilch, LA ham
*Lars Eller - the darkhorse/question mark of the draft....not because he's plays in a questionable league or because he's still relatively unknow after a late emergence...but because his name is a lousy anagram. Don't be surprised to see the Blues take him on conventional scouting merrits alone.
*Ryan McDonagh - A possible stud on the blueline, or a horrible contract...but I see him referred to as "my dang anchor" by his club

That takes us to the Blues top two choices for the #9 pick - Mayorov & Ellerby. Now if the Blues trade up for Cherepanov or vanRiemsdyk (or whomever) this whole debate is kaput, as I haven't 'researched' most of the guys expected to go ahead of from where the Note currently select (Voracek, vanRiemsdyk, Alzner, Turris, Cherepanov, Kane)

*Maxim Mayorov - this white Russian might give the Blues some offense, afterall they could use some max ivory ammo
*Keaton Ellerby - though many in Blues-nation would crine at the thought of drafting another defenseman so early, a blueline of EJ & Ellerby could be monsters as this kid is a keener tallboy

now...like traditional scouting, this is an art not a science....afterall would espionage tools change their opinion of Angelo Esposito? though you are free to draw you own conclusions as to the validity of these claims, I'd highly advise Jarmo and his staff to consider these insights when making their selection. who knows they may find another guy the can make/let snipe like they did with the 148th pick of 2003 - Lee Stempniak

[/ ]
...Are you drunk?

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 10:35 PM
S2S
Come at me bros

Simon Gagne is in this draft?

S2S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
...Are you drunk?
If you had to watch Karaoke Idol, wouldn't you be?

05-09-2007, 12:31 AM
CuSa_1

I actually enjoyed that.

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundintoSteen View Post
Simon Gagne is in this draft?
whoops....typo - good catch.

Old
05-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Senor Rational

Send a message via AIM to Senor Rational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
If you had to watch Karaoke Idol, wouldn't you be?
Damn straight

Senor Rational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Senor Rational

Send a message via AIM to Senor Rational
I found this to be pretty friggin funny

Senor Rational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Prussian_Blue

Friggin' hilarious... post of the month.

"Max ivory ammo..."

Lars Eller wouldn't be a rreal tough sell for the Blues as a top pick...

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
whoops....typo - good catch.
Still a typo.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Still a typo.
this changes everything.....perhaps I hastily dismissed a viable option at #9 because if the Blues drafted Sam Gagner they might just Snag Gamer

'scouting' is hard

Old
05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Checker*

So we're not thinking about drafting Cunti then?

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
i wouldn't think so at #9....he'll likely be on the board until the 2nd round.

Old
05-09-2007, 02:18 PM
CuSa_1

Quote:
i wouldn't think so at #9....he'll likely be on the board until the 2nd round.
and is that what his name means?

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuSa_1 View Post
and is that what his name means?
unless uncial cut leads to extraordinary insight into his game, Luca Cunti appears to not be blessed with an anagram-friendly name. Jarmo and his staff are on their own in determining him draft-worthy.

Quote:
Cunti's no longer projected a 1st rounder.....I only bothered with the guys I think the Blues will be looking at #9. They may take him with a later pick....but I'd make ludicrous wager with you that it won't be with their first pick.

Old
05-18-2007, 09:58 PM
DeuceNine
Wall of Shame

Quote:
Luca Cunti appears to not be blessed with an anagram-friendly name.
Oh, yes he does. You just couldn't get it past the filter

DeuceNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
I've already killed threads in other forums here where people tried to make a joke about the name and run with it ... not happening.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote