Old
04-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Glen Erickson
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Setoguchi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
His attitude has been awful, maybe he's now seen the light?
I've covered the Cougars for two years for a newspaper out here. In my last submission, after the series sweep over Kamloops, I asked the Cougars GM, Dallas Thompson, about Setoguchi. Here's an excerpt from my story:

...Cougars’ fans have witnessed the resurrection of Devin Setoguchi, who appears to have found a ninth life with the Cats after an indifferent regular season. The veteran forward scored three game-wining goals, including the series clincher in overtime against Kamloops.

Speculation was rampant the early season trade that brought the San Jose Sharks’ first rounder to Prince George from the Saskatoon Blades was not sitting well with Setoguchi. Add to the mix a nagging knee injury suffered during the off-season and the talented winger appeared disgruntled at times.

“Absolutely we’ve seen good things all year from Seto,” Thompson said when asked if Setoguchi has had a positive impact since his arrival in Prince George. “I think he’s gotten a bad wrap really. He fit in right away when he got here from Saskatoon and he’s battled adversity and injuries all year.

“There are high expectations from everybody and he also has high expectations of himself. Really, we made the trade wanting Seto to be 100 percent for us in March.”

After the series against Everett, I figure the kid seems to be about 100% these days, eh?

Glen Erickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 09:43 PM
naihlflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Erickson View Post
I've covered the Cougars for two years for a newspaper out here. In my last submission, after the series sweep over Kamloops, I asked the Cougars GM, Dallas Thompson, about Setoguchi. Here's an excerpt from my story:

...Cougars’ fans have witnessed the resurrection of Devin Setoguchi, who appears to have found a ninth life with the Cats after an indifferent regular season. The veteran forward scored three game-wining goals, including the series clincher in overtime against Kamloops.

Speculation was rampant the early season trade that brought the San Jose Sharks’ first rounder to Prince George from the Saskatoon Blades was not sitting well with Setoguchi. Add to the mix a nagging knee injury suffered during the off-season and the talented winger appeared disgruntled at times.

“Absolutely we’ve seen good things all year from Seto,” Thompson said when asked if Setoguchi has had a positive impact since his arrival in Prince George. “I think he’s gotten a bad wrap really. He fit in right away when he got here from Saskatoon and he’s battled adversity and injuries all year.

“There are high expectations from everybody and he also has high expectations of himself. Really, we made the trade wanting Seto to be 100 percent for us in March.”

After the series against Everett, I figure the kid seems to be about 100% these days, eh?
Nice input. Thanks

naihlflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

When P.G. played their 2-game series here this season, I was totally baffled by their play. I kept saying to my buddy "this team has got to be one of the most talented teams in the entire CHL, why aren't they winning?" It became obvious to me that they weren't even trying in the first game, there wasn't even really much of a game. They won the 2nd game, but 3 of the goals shouldn't have even come close to scoring if not for mistakes on our back end.

It's good to see their resurgence, I was seriously worried about some of those high end prospects...

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 05:02 AM
LWD

Quote:
His attitude has been awful, maybe he's now seen the light?
Obviously you know nothing about Setoguchi and how his year went and why so stop before you make yourself look even more ignorant.

LWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 08:51 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWD View Post
Obviously you know nothing about Setoguchi and how his year went and why so stop before you make yourself look even more ignorant.
Hmm, I know lots about the situation. I also knew lots about Seto before he left the Blades...hence my comments about his attitude. He really does need to focus 100% on hockey and improve the attitude in order to fulfill his potential. I suggest you think about it before you make yourself look even more ignorant.

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 08:53 PM
LWD

Quote:
Hmm, I know lots about the situation. I also knew lots about Seto before he left the Blades...hence my comments about his attitude. He really does need to focus 100% on hockey and improve the attitude in order to fulfill his potential. I suggest you think about it before you make yourself look even more ignorant.
OK what do you really know? You give me nothing but an opinion, give me some facts. I would like to hear the lots about the situation, what a bunch of crap!

Old
04-24-2007, 11:37 PM
sbtatter

Quote:
OK what do you really know? You give me nothing but an opinion, give me some facts. I would like to hear the lots about the situation, what a bunch of crap!
I know he's had an inconsistent attitude, leading to inconsistent on ice performances. And there's many people who have the same opinion, just talk to anyone about him, or look on any thread on any BB about himThere's no doubting the guys skill, just he hasn't always had that 100% work ethic, that say, Brett Carson had.
And we know he had some injury issues this year, but he didn't exactly set the world on fire with his work ethic at the WJC training camp did he. You have an opinion, and you love Seto, that's fine, but maybe it's crap also!! Are you related to him? You need to see that, gasp, it's not just LWD's opinion that counts!!!

Old
04-25-2007, 02:02 AM
LWD

Quote:
I know he's had an inconsistent attitude, leading to inconsistent on ice performances. And there's many people who have the same opinion, just talk to anyone about him, or look on any thread on any BB about himThere's no doubting the guys skill, just he hasn't always had that 100% work ethic, that say, Brett Carson had.
And we know he had some injury issues this year, but he didn't exactly set the world on fire with his work ethic at the WJC training camp did he. You have an opinion, and you love Seto, that's fine, but maybe it's crap also!! Are you related to him? You need to see that, gasp, it's not just LWD's opinion that counts!!!
OK, you know, your right! Is Brett Carson related to you?

Old
04-25-2007, 10:00 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
OK, you know, your right! Is Brett Carson related to you?
Brett Carson is not related to me, but that doesn't prevent me from observing he's a solid worker, 100% dedicated to improving his average skill set.
Are you at the games vs the Giants? If so, what's going on with your man in the series, he is working hard but getting no breaks, tired out from the previous series or just not noticeable? Who does Don Hay have playing opposite him? I haven't seen one game in this series so don't even know how good Vancouver look.

Old
04-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Glen Erickson
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Brett Carson is not related to me, but that doesn't prevent me from observing he's a solid worker, 100% dedicated to improving his average skill set.
Are you at the games vs the Giants? If so, what's going on with your man in the series, he is working hard but getting no breaks, tired out from the previous series or just not noticeable? Who does Don Hay have playing opposite him? I haven't seen one game in this series so don't even know how good Vancouver look.
Guys...mellow out.

A thought here: Setoguchi would be better if he had Dana Tyrell's work ethic. Tyrell would be better if he had Setoguchi's skills.

Tough to find a perfect package...

Glen Erickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2007, 11:46 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Are you related to him?
If he was related to him, he would not have disputed the need for an attitude adjustment. After the WJC fiasco, he saw the light and in the playoffs is becoming the player worthy of his high draft spot.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2007, 12:21 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
If he was related to him, he would not have disputed the need for an attitude adjustment. After the WJC fiasco, he saw the light and in the playoffs is becoming the player worthy of his high draft spot.
Yes, I think if he continues to shape up he could become another Getzlaff, lots of skill and potential just waiting to be unleashed. I think Carlyle has been a great coach for Getzlaff to learn from.

Old
04-26-2007, 04:39 AM
LWD

Quote:
Yes, I think if he continues to shape up he could become another Getzlaff, lots of skill and potential just waiting to be unleashed. I think Carlyle has been a great coach for Getzlaff to learn from.
Agreed I hope that happens only time will tell. Just in Seto with another OT winner,PG lives for another day.

Old
05-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Faktisti*

whl is the league where nobody wants to be..

..everyone wants to nhl

Faktisti* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuiskaaja View Post
whl is the league where nobody wants to be..

..everyone wants to nhl
Nice input buddy. Maybe we should have 16 year olds in the NHL...things would definately be more exciting that way.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 12:52 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
Nice input buddy. Maybe we should have 16 year olds in the NHL...things would definately be more exciting that way.
No kidding. It's safe to say we'd witness a fatality in the first week.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote