HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tampa Bay/Vancouver Proposal

Old
05-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Dangerfield

vCash: 500
TB is probably looking for 3rd pair D-men. Top 2 pairs are set with Boyle-Ranger and Kuba-Obrien. They can address that need with FA and Smaby could be brought up next year, so trading away one of the league's top wingers and their best young D-man is not going to happen. Another absurd trade proposal involving one of the TB big three.

Dangerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 12:23 AM
nuckfan insk

swap out ranger, add obrian

o'brian, st. louis, fedotenko(if he is rfa, 4th rounder is he is ufa)
ohlund, grabner

nuckfan insk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 12:28 AM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannoabram View Post

ohlund, grabner
O'Brien isn't going anywhere. Young, cheap and the team loves him.

LastoftheBrunnenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 01:16 AM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannoabram View Post

ohlund, grabner
LOL. Wow. A 100 point guy and a future top 4 dman for a Dman and a kid who could do nothing at all. I LOVE IT!

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Again I am not doubting St.Louis's ability in the least. I think he is a great talent that brings it night in night out, but if you think his linemates are irrelevant your kidding yourselves.
Well, Mr Condescending, bottom line is you must think your centers must REALLY suck if you think St. Louis couldn't play with them and put some points up. Go back & read what pitseleh said, I think he actually gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG View Post
O'Brien isn't going anywhere. Young, cheap and the team loves him.
No way do I want to see him traded. Best deal the team made all year was getting him.

All these ideas are just awful in general. Neeeexxxt.....

05-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
NHL history.

Production is a bi-product of circumstance.

A players skill level is not the only factor in determining success or failure. To think a player's statistics are not affected by who he plays with is just plain naive. If you think a goal scorer would not be hurt by taking away his set up man, what is the point of having playmaker's?

I am not second guessing St. Louis as a player one bit.

Bernie Nichols mean anything to you?

All that is very true, but I don't see how it applies to St.Louis. Certainly some types of players are more dependent on set-up men then others. A Kevin Stevens needed Mario to feed him. St.Louis isn't a sniper who scores from setting up in the slot and firing one-timers. Most of his goals are created through his own carrying of the puck through the neutral zone.

While having Vinny on his team certainly has helped him, I don't see that he's a guy who would fall apart without him.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 01:35 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
Contract wise, I'm not sure it works...
That is what I was thinking

Nucks will be frenching the top of the cap again this season

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos View Post
Well, Mr Condescending, bottom line is you must think your centers must REALLY suck if you think St. Louis couldn't play with them and put some points up. Go back & read what pitseleh said, I think he actually gets it.

No way do I want to see him traded. Best deal the team made all year was getting him.

All these ideas are just awful in general. Neeeexxxt.....
"Go back and read what Piseleh said" Do you mean the part where he said " your kidding yourself if you think good players cannot overcome bad linemates." I guess someone is only condescending when they disagree with you.

If St. Louis gelled with the Sedin's I think he would put up good offensive numbers. Unfortunately they play such contrasting styles on offense that it does not look like the best match. To answer your question, yes behind Henrik our centres do kind of suck.

How can you think it is out of the realm of possibility for Martin's production to fall into the 60-70 point range?

He had 60 points last year playing with Brad Richards. What am I missing here?

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 03:06 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Quote:
He had 60 points last year playing with Brad Richards. What am I missing here?
That your original premise is flawed and now your changing the subject? You're admitting it...there's little direct evidence of a relationship between who St Louis is playing with and his production. There are other factors.

I don't like the trade prop. either, but I'm not gonna make up stuff about Ohlund to fit my prejudices. If you don't like Marty, that's fine.

Peace...

LastoftheBrunnenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG View Post
That your original premise is flawed and now your changing the subject? You're admitting it...there's little direct evidence of a relationship between who St Louis is playing with and his production. There are other factors.

I don't like the trade prop. either, but I'm not gonna make up stuff about Ohlund to fit my prejudices. If you don't like Marty, that's fine.

Peace...
You seem to miss the entire point. St. Louis is not the one in question here. It's the Canucks that I am questioning. If Vancouver had better offensive players that Martin could play with, I would'nt hesitate to make that trade.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that St. Louis is a world class talent. None.

Let me make an analogy for you, to better explain my point.

Let's say you lived on a farm and owned a beautiful black lab that loved to run and play outside with the other dog's. Would you send him to live with your brother that lives in a condo downtown.

I know, that was horrible.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote