HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Proposal: Devils and Flames

Old
05-18-2007, 04:47 PM
therealdeal

vCash: 500
Hmmm, from a Flames standpoint, its not terrible. Its pretty risky, we're giving up a lot of firepower for not much in return, but we are getting a Selke candidate and a solid (but not great) defenseman.

Upgrade Paul Martin and it improves.

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2007, 05:00 PM
kruezer

What about a deal centered around Lombardi and Martin? Could that be done? Martin would look good in Calgary colours IMO.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2007, 05:05 PM
flambers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeise88 View Post
Agreed. They need more offense, not dramatically less. New Jersey and Calgary may be the worst trading partners in the NHL. They both need to improve their offense. Let Calgary work with us in Buffalo and let New Jersey work with Detroit.
Interesting post, curious on how you figure "NJ and Calgary may be worst trading partners in the NHL"?

As for the Flames why would they need more offense? Personally I believe they need a quicker and better checking lines (i.e. upgrade the third and forth lines).

flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2007, 05:07 PM
flambers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer View Post
What about a deal centered around Lombardi and Martin? Could that be done? Martin would look good in Calgary colours IMO.
I don't see the Flames trading for a dman, I bet they sign Hamrlik and probably another UFA Dman.

Old
05-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
that i could handle... i like the guys involved in the original proposal i just think it would be giving up way too much offensively

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Valuewise the trade as it stands is probably a little tilted, with the Flames giving up more than they're getting. That said, the Devils can't afford to deal Martin without getting a high-minute defenseman back.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2007, 06:19 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers View Post
I don't see the Flames trading for a dman, I bet they sign Hamrlik and probably another UFA Dman.
Hmm, I don't know, it seems to me it would be cheaper to deal Lombo for Martin (who I would imagine will be around the 2 mil he got last year, I bet at most half a mil more than Lombo) and sign two wingers and another defenseman this offseason, but maybe thats just me.

Old
05-19-2007, 07:31 PM
flambers

Quote:
Hmm, I don't know, it seems to me it would be cheaper to deal Lombo for Martin (who I would imagine will be around the 2 mil he got last year, I bet at most half a mil more than Lombo) and sign two wingers and another defenseman this offseason, but maybe thats just me.
I would rather have Lombardi over Martin, Flames are better off signing Hamrlik and another Dman via Free Agency.

Old
05-19-2007, 07:56 PM
mgeise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
If this is the worst trade proposal you've seen on these boards, you obviously haven't seen many.
agreed

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 03:41 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers View Post
I would rather have Lombardi over Martin, Flames are better off signing Hamrlik and another Dman via Free Agency.
Yeah? I don't know, Martin is a pretty solid defensive defenseman, just coming into his prime years, and I think he has a little untapped offensive potential, he would be a solid partner for Regehr IMO.

Also, he would come at a decent price, and that helps Calgary a lot with the money issues they will be having next summer.

Last edited by kruezer: 05-20-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old
05-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Valuewise the trade as it stands is probably a little tilted, with the Flames giving up more than they're getting. That said, the Devils can't afford to deal Martin without getting a high-minute defenseman back.
As much as I adore Martin, I'd agree to a trade like this. Lombardi could fill in as our #2 center (bump Zajac to the first line) at a decent cap hit of $1.83M. Use the cap space left by Gomez to sign a stop gap defenseman and possibly another forward. Lombardi's defensive ability could also make Madden expendable down the road.

Parise - Zajac - Langenbrunner
Elias - Lombardi - Gionta
Pandolfo - Madden - Walker
Rasmussen - Brylin - Clarkson

White - Rafalski
Oduya - Greene
Matvichuk - Preissing

Although this kind of roster shuffling isn't very characteristic of a Lou Lamoriello run team, I wouldn't be too opposed to a lineup like this.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is online now   Reply With Quote