Notices

Waiver Wire Don is at it again!

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2004, 03:13 PM
Hockey Mojo

vCash: 500
Waiver Wire Don is at it again!

Well, at least he made a move! DW picks up Brad Larsen off the waiver wire from Colorado. This is the missing piece to our puzzle. Thanks DW, keep working hard before the trading deadline because your earning your salary well!

Old
02-25-2004, 03:28 PM
MotownMadman

Actually, Larson isn't such a bad pick. From what I've seen he's a hard worker and decent grinder.

Old
02-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotownMadman
Actually, Larson isn't such a bad pick. From what I've seen he's a hard worker and decent grinder.
Sorry, Thrashers DO NOT NEED ANOTHER GRINDER! Over half the team is grinders. The seasons over for the Thrashers, so why not do what they do every year, bring up the kids from Chicago to play some NHL games. Is Don Waddell in denial? Don has failed in his promised to the fans of Atlanta once again. Don, if you want a 1 year contract extension, fans want it in your contract, if the Thrashers do not make the playoffs you forfiet your salary. How about it?

Old
02-26-2004, 10:58 AM
ATLThrashers15

Don Waddell never promised the playoffs. No one expected us to make the playoffs especially what happened in September. The Thrashers grinders are doing pretty dang well, because they are 9th in the league in scoring goals. This was a good move because Lessard is not an NHL player over the course of the year. He has improved, I'll give him that, but not consistant enough.

Old
02-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
Don Waddell never promised the playoffs. No one expected us to make the playoffs especially what happened in September. The Thrashers grinders are doing pretty dang well, because they are 9th in the league in scoring goals. This was a good move because Lessard is not an NHL player over the course of the year. He has improved, I'll give him that, but not consistant enough.
For a team that's 82% grinders I would expect them to score some goals. No Gm is going to promise the playoffs, only if he's a lame-duck GM. Can you tell me what Don did promise the fans as well the team? The tragedy in September accepted, but every team in the NHL lose key players on their team and they work thru their problems and persevere.

Old
02-26-2004, 12:56 PM
ATLThrashers15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mojo
The tragedy in September accepted, but every team in the NHL lose key players on their team and they work thru their problems and persevere.
Name one player the Lightning have lost this year?

Old
02-26-2004, 01:10 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mojo
For a team that's 82% grinders I would expect them to score some goals. No Gm is going to promise the playoffs, only if he's a lame-duck GM. Can you tell me what Don did promise the fans as well the team? The tragedy in September accepted, but every team in the NHL lose key players on their team and they work thru their problems and persevere.
Every team battles through injuries here or there. But teams that overcome massive injuries are exceptions to the rule (Kings being one of those exceptions). Although I think many people have blown that way out of proportion to puff up their team. They knew Allison and Deadmarsh would be out for most or all of this year and they compensated in the offseason for that. The other injuries hurt as well, but LA has built itself into a deep organization with a very good coach. They are more likely to be able to overcome their injuries.

Atlanta's situation is worlds apart from the Kings. Depth takes time to build up, usually somewhere around seven or eight years for a franchise just starting off. So we don't have the ability to plug in players like the Kings should injuries hit, which they did. Another factor is the timing of the injuries. In January, they came one on top of the other (just as one example I remember five guys getting hurt in the span of six games). Even established teams would have problems in overcoming that. Add on to that the massive emotions that came from the accident. Even months later, wild swings in emotion can and usually do occur.

Face it, the guys played their hearts out in the first few months. They gave us some play we didn't think possible given the circumstances. But now they've come crashing down, not surprisingly so. Yes, they could have played better and they know better than us that they are accountable for their play.

But seriously, give them a break. At least tell me it's possible you think they deserve a break.

Old
02-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
Name one player the Lightning have lost this year?

Nikita Alexeev (shoulder Surgury) expected to miss entire season!

Old
02-26-2004, 02:44 PM
Takkie
I Goc ya nose!

Alexeev is a Minor Leaguer, a Prospect, he's not a NHL roster Player
But to help Mojo out , the Panthers have lost Weiss, Bouwmeester, Horton,Mezei was out for a long period of time, Kozlov has missed time,Bure....

Last edited by Takkie: 02-26-2004 at 02:47 PM.
Closed Thread