HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues European prospect review

Old
05-19-2007, 10:00 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Blues European prospect review

The Blues are loaded with prospects playing outside of North America. Most of their higher-end prospects are playing in Sweden, while they also have a large concentration in Russia.

Read full article...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF Article View Post
The Blues are loaded with prospects playing outside of North America. Most of their higher-end prospects are playing in Sweden, while they also have a large concentration in Russia.

Read full article...

Great article Kyle. Thanks for the info.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
Thank you kindly.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 05:01 PM
bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
totally agree. Only thing I was unsure of is the Hellströmpart. Has anyone over there confirmed if he did sign with the Blues or not? There was nothing on the official but for some reason I don't really consider it a good source for news ...

bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
totally agree. Only thing I was unsure of is the Hellströmpart. Has anyone over there confirmed if he did sign with the Blues or not? There was nothing on the official but for some reason I don't really consider it a good source for news ...

According to Eurohockey.net he has been transferred to St. Louis. I'm not certain if that means he'll for sure be in North America, or simply that he signed. I couldn't find any mention of it in the Blues' website news archives, so I figured I wouldn't jump the gun. With Johnson, Jackson, and Gauthier all set to enter the fold, it seems surprising that they'd go after Hellstrom less than a year after he was drafted, since a preliminary glace would indicate a possible log-jam on defense in Peoria. But I suppose the Rivermen didn't live up to expectations this season, so they could be looking to overhaul certain parts of the roster.

Old
05-20-2007, 07:02 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
According to Eurohockey.net he has been transferred to St. Louis. I'm not certain if that means he'll for sure be in North America, or simply that he signed. I couldn't find any mention of it in the Blues' website news archives, so I figured I wouldn't jump the gun. With Johnson, Jackson, and Gauthier all set to enter the fold, it seems surprising that they'd go after Hellstrom less than a year after he was drafted, since a preliminary glace would indicate a possible log-jam on defense in Peoria. But I suppose the Rivermen didn't live up to expectations this season, so they could be looking to overhaul certain parts of the roster.
1) EJ will be with the big team; not Peoria.

2) IT may have been Hellstrom wanting to sign more than the Blues wanting to get him over here(especially when you consider the Blues history in bringing prospects along slowly).

The kid LOVED it when he came over for the Prospect camp last year(he didn't even want to leave) and is without a contract in Europe for next year. It's more likely that after his season ended; Hellstrom and his agent came to the Blues and asked to be brought over(with the Blues simply saying "OK, sign here").

3) I wouldn't worry about a log-jam on Defense in Peoria. I'm getting the impression that more than one of our current minor league D men will be let go this summer(Fitzgerald and Lynch topping the list).

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
1) EJ will be with the big team; not Peoria.
Oh, most definitely. I meant that with him coming in to take a roster spot it will naturally create a trickle-down effect. There's only 14 roster spots available for d-men between the NHL and AHL. Though after consulting IB's contract info spreadsheet, there does appear to be a large number of free agents on the blue line in the minors, so I'm assuming a number of them are not going to be brought back. At the NHL level you'll have Jackman, Backman, Brewer, McKee, Salvador, and presumably Johnson, leaving one of Woywita (more likely) or Polak as the 7th d-man, if Walker is not re-signed. So in Peoria that leaves Polak (probably), Scott Jackson, Hellstrom I guess, probably Mike Gauthier, and that Wagner guy they signed, since they probably didn't sign him with the intention of sending him to Alaska. That's five already, and Fitzgerald is still under contract to make six in all. Mojzis is a UFA, but played well this year, so they probably try to retain him. And then most teams like to have a couple of vets to tutor the youngsters, but your 14 spots are already taken up at this point, but of course this is just speculation on my part. But hey, it's not a bad problem to have.

Old
05-21-2007, 01:05 PM
CuSa_1

nice to see you hanging around Kyle...

I'm extremely excited that Jackson and Helmstrom will be in the mix next year (assuming the part about Helmstrom).

Definitely intrigued to see what Gauthier is about.

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2007, 03:12 PM
SIU LAW

Kimzey hit it on the head regarding Hellstrom…the kid flat out loved being in America. If I have time, I will dig up a couple of old posts of mine about the particulars that he himself told me and a shall-remain-nameless-teammate who spoke about his love for America.

However, I think the interest in brining him over was mutual on both sides.

SIU LAW is offline   Reply With Quote