HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brind'Amour, is he available?

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2004, 05:10 PM
sensfan18

vCash: 500
Brind'Amour, is he available?

I've read speculation that he is. If this is true what would the canes be looking for, I know he has a pretty big price tag left (2 years, $10 mill?). There is speculation that Ottawa will move Bonk this summer, so I pose the question would the canes be interested in the younger cheaper Bonk. Ottawa could use Rod's faceoff ability and Grit, add to the fact he is a local guy. I think Bonk has more overall value because of his age so some tweeking would have to be done to get a deal done. I'm not big on contenders making deals of this big of nature but overall I don't think it would hurt us because Rod would just take Bonk's spot as our #1 shutdown guy.

How about:

To Car
Bonk and 4th

To Ott:
Rod and a 2nd

Opinions? Adustments? no interest?

Old
02-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Plan 9

Looks good from my point of view.

Old
02-24-2004, 05:58 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
I've read speculation that he is. If this is true what would the canes be looking for, I know he has a pretty big price tag left (2 years, $10 mill?). There is speculation that Ottawa will move Bonk this summer, so I pose the question would the canes be interested in the younger cheaper Bonk. Ottawa could use Rod's faceoff ability and Grit, add to the fact he is a local guy. I think Bonk has more overall value because of his age so some tweeking would have to be done to get a deal done. I'm not big on contenders making deals of this big of nature but overall I don't think it would hurt us because Rod would just take Bonk's spot as our #1 shutdown guy.

How about:

To Car
Bonk and 4th

To Ott:
Rod and a 2nd

Opinions? Adustments? no interest?
so long as it's the Toronto 2nd I'd take that trade no questions asked.

Old
02-24-2004, 06:13 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUCanesFan
so long as it's the Toronto 2nd I'd take that trade no questions asked.
if it meant they are taking all of brindys contract, i would sacrifice that pick. i wouldnt want to, but i wouldnt let it be the deal killer. would garrioch approve? :p

Old
02-24-2004, 09:08 PM
sensfan18

After further discussion on the sens board we've come to the conclusion that the sens would not do it. Value wise it is fair but the main problem is that since Bonk has been out Hossa's #s have fallen. The 2 of them just have to good of chemistry to split up, when one is out the other one seems lost out there. But man Rod is exactly what we need in Ottawa, grit and faceoffs. Thanks for humouring me.

Old
02-24-2004, 10:17 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
After further discussion on the sens board we've come to the conclusion that the sens would not do it. Value wise it is fair but the main problem is that since Bonk has been out Hossa's #s have fallen. The 2 of them just have to good of chemistry to split up, when one is out the other one seems lost out there. But man Rod is exactly what we need in Ottawa, grit and faceoffs. Thanks for humouring me.
anytime. wish some one would humor us and take brindys contract to help the canes rebuild.

Old
02-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Skydog

Well now that you mention it, Brind'Amour is not available. Now some of us wouldn't mind getting that salary off the books but Brindy recently stated that he won't waive his no trade clause for any team.

Old
02-26-2004, 10:51 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesFan10
Well now that you mention it, Brind'Amour is not available. Now some of us wouldn't mind getting that salary off the books but Brindy recently stated that he won't waive his no trade clause for any team.
Ouch. Well, it's time to start supporting the guy again. Hope that the divorce goes well :/

Old
02-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Plan 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesFan10
Brindy recently stated that he won't waive his no trade clause for any team.
Dang.

Closed Thread