HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Isles

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2004, 11:00 PM
  #1
Isles4cups
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In Stanley Kubrick's Universe.
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Isles VS Rangers

GODARD, CAIRNS AND ASHAM OH MY PURINTON IS A DEAD MAN TONIGHT!!!

Isles4cups is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 11:10 PM
  #2
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4cups
GODARD, CAIRNS AND ASHAM OH MY PURINTON IS A DEAD MAN TONIGHT!!!
yeah but if the game gets ugly don't be surprised if the isles best players get taken out. what do the rangers have to lose? the fishsticks should worry more about beating the rangers than some sick revenge. if the isles try to go after rangers players what would Simon care if he gets suspended for 10 games for kneeing peca? what would barnaby care if he gets suspended for running Ricky? what would purinton care if he knocked cairns down after cairns dropped his gloves to fight? wait purintion already did that. :p


Last edited by Son of Steinbrenner: 02-25-2004 at 11:23 PM.
Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
02-25-2004, 11:35 PM
  #3
xevious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Nothing will happen. These so called revenge games never amount to anything.

Isles need 2 pts. not revenge.

xevious is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 01:45 AM
  #4
DaMick
at least we got D
 
DaMick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Purgatory
Country: United States
Posts: 8,433
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Originally Posted by xevious
Isles need 2 pts. not revenge.
*bingo* give the man a prize.....he actually knows hockey.

DaMick is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 01:54 AM
  #5
xxIn_Flamesxx
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
nyr fans

well you know that the rangers are in trouble when their only fans that reveal themselves have pictures of A Rod beside their message. Nobody can understand the feeling that will surmount when the Rangers are mathematically eliminated.

xxIn_Flamesxx is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 02:20 AM
  #6
Avery4Byng*
 
Avery4Byng*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ktown
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,751
vCash: 500
Ya revenge games are seriously so overrated. In the Vancouver Province paper today there was a little thing in the soprts section that said "DAYS TILL THE BIG AVALANCHE ENCOUNTER: 8" (or however many days). Like that is seriously retarded. Makes no sense, why not go out and get the 2 bloody points, let the 2 heavyweights go toe to toe and then play hockey.

But on the other hand a good old goonshow is fun to watch, but not when guys are getting hurt.

Avery4Byng* is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 02:42 AM
  #7
SopelFan*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Richard Park
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by tray
Ya revenge games are seriously so overrated. In the Vancouver Province paper today there was a little thing in the soprts section that said "DAYS TILL THE BIG AVALANCHE ENCOUNTER: 8" (or however many days). Like that is seriously retarded. Makes no sense, why not go out and get the 2 bloody points, let the 2 heavyweights go toe to toe and then play hockey.

But on the other hand a good old goonshow is fun to watch, but not when guys are getting hurt.
Well I think everyone looks forward to Avs-Canucks games no matter what. Bad example.

SopelFan* is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 02:50 AM
  #8
dvaske
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Country: United States
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Prediction

This won't be a one goal game. Some one will be up by 2 with 3 minutes left.

Cairnes meets up with Puritan they decide to go.
Cairnes drops the gloves and Puritan turtles.
Draws a two minute roughing.
Isles kill the penalty.

Puritan is exposed.

dvaske is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 10:10 AM
  #9
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,140
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvaske
Puritan is exposed.
No, that was the end of Slap Shot

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 10:11 AM
  #10
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,140
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxIn_Flamesxx
well you know that the rangers are in trouble when their only fans that reveal themselves have pictures of A Rod beside their message. Nobody can understand the feeling that will surmount when the Rangers are mathematically eliminated.
Huh?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 10:25 AM
  #11
Isles4cups
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In Stanley Kubrick's Universe.
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xevious
Nothing will happen. These so called revenge games never amount to anything.

Isles need 2 pts. not revenge.
You really DON't know Hockey. Did you happen to even watch the last game? Cairns is going to pummle that puke after he mugged Eric. This game will have a minimum of 3 fighting major!

Isles4cups is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 07:26 PM
  #12
dvaske
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Country: United States
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvaske
This won't be a one goal game. Some one will be up by 2 with 3 minutes left.

Cairnes meets up with Puritan they decide to go.
Cairnes drops the gloves and Puritan turtles.
Draws a two minute roughing.
Isles kill the penalty.

Puritan is exposed.
As predicted.
Puritan turtles
exposes just how tough he is.

dvaske is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 07:33 PM
  #13
Rangers_23
Beuke!
 
Rangers_23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Land of Entrapment
Country: United States
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvaske
As predicted.
Puritan turtles
exposes just how tough he is.
...and Holik scores on the resulting 5 on 3 powerplay. :p

Rangers_23 is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 07:56 PM
  #14
ajs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tray
Makes no sense, why not go out and get the 2 bloody points, let the 2 heavyweights go toe to toe and then play hockey.

But on the other hand a good old goonshow is fun to watch, but not when guys are getting hurt.
Quoted for truth.

ajs is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 08:26 PM
  #15
David Puddy
Registered User
 
David Puddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xevious
Nothing will happen. These so called revenge games never amount to anything.

Isles need 2 pts. not revenge.
So much for that theory.

Goddard with the TKO against LaCouture. It got ugly and the refs had to step in. LaCouture was taken down early, and he got up; he should have stayed down.

Fear not Islander fans, the Rangers will not make the playoffs.

David Puddy is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 08:33 PM
  #16
future consideration
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy
So much for that theory.

Goddard with the TKO against LaCouture. It got ugly and the refs had to step in. LaCouture was taken down early, and he got up; he should have stayed down.

Fear not Islander fans, the Rangers will not make the playoffs.
Good.

I like LaCouture but him going after Czerchowski(sp) in the other game was horse bleep. Good to see he got what was coming to him.

future consideration is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 09:07 PM
  #17
xevious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy

Fear not Islander fans, the Rangers will not make the playoffs.
thanks for the prediction kreskin

xevious is offline  
Old
02-26-2004, 10:00 PM
  #18
nyr34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: Poland
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by future consideration
Good.

I like LaCouture but him going after Czerchowski(sp) in the other game was horse bleep. Good to see he got what was coming to him.
And good to see Czerkawski got what was coming to him last game. Seems someone forgot about the whole holding Kloucek arms back and allowing Yashin free punches on him two years ago...

nyr34 is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 01:11 AM
  #19
dvaske
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NEW YORK CITY
Country: United States
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...009#post938009

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...159#post938159


Last edited by dvaske: 02-27-2004 at 03:40 AM.
dvaske is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.