HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

would the leafs be

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2004, 05:31 PM
Raider917

vCash: 500
would the leafs be

stupid enough to trade stajan and coliacovo for gonchar and kolzig. i thought i heard that rumor somewhere. if that happens and there is a long lockout next year, it will be this year or never for the leafs. if the lockout is long they will likely lose roberts, nieuwyndyk and likely belfour to retirement and would have to let go of others if theres a cap. theres not too many strong young players in there system aside from stajan and coliacovo.

The ***** is really gonna hit the fan after the lockout if that trade happens.

Old
02-25-2004, 05:39 PM
theo6060

Well Gonchar is only 29 or so so it's not like he's a veteran on the brink of retirement. Colaiacovo is a good young prospect, and Stajan is a decent one. The problem is, they don't seem to develop their young guys too well, so trading them for already developed, and in this case, good players seems like a good move. Although if you ask me, the Caps get ripped if they do that trade.

Old
02-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
no they wouldn't Stajan is there Offensive guy of the future (not much) but thatz all they have and Coliacovo could be molded into a top 3 D man you dont' give that for a couple of Has Beens I'd be very dissapointed for the Leafs fans if there Management did this.

I think they have more faith in Steen, hes the one I've seen hyped the most with Coloiacovo. Gonchar is still only 29 and an RFA so he could be a good acquisition, its no like the lefas are loaded with star potential in their farm, they have good depth, but nothing special. Kolzig is a vezina winner and Gonchar is one of/if not the best offensive defensemen.

Old
02-25-2004, 06:56 PM
Firthbird

Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
Well I've heard its Stajan, Steen, Coliacavo goin to Washington. If they trade them three guys, they're pretty stupid. Their cupboard is bare enough without giving up them 3 guys, but why should we even care, they're the ones screwing them selves... :p

Old
02-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
Well I've heard its Stajan, Steen, Coliacavo goin to Washington. If they trade them three guys, they're pretty stupid. Their cupboard is bare enough without giving up them 3 guys, but why should we even care, they're the ones screwing them selves... :p

If they screw themselves, we wont see them in the playoffs for another 25 years :/. I'd rather see them succeed in the regurlar season, only to fail miserably in the postseason .

Old
02-25-2004, 07:01 PM
HabsBaby18*

colaiacovo will NEVER be as strong as Gonchar ... As for Kolzig in the deal , I think that they should not let go stajan ... But give colaicovo and another for Gonchar and they are the winner

Gonchar is a beast and just 29 , many more great years for him

Old
02-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Firthbird

Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsBaby18
colaiacovo will NEVER be as strong as Gonchar ... As for Kolzig in the deal , I think that they should not let go stajan ... But give colaicovo and another for Gonchar and they are the winner

Gonchar is a beast and just 29 , many more great years for him
Your looking only at the points he can put up. Defencevily he is a liability. He is a -22 on the season. Toronto has a hard enough time with the group they have now to play good defence. They don't need him.

Old
02-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
actually i would give more for gonchar !!!

Old
02-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
Well Gonchar is only 29 or so so it's not like he's a veteran on the brink of retirement. Colaiacovo is a good young prospect, and Stajan is a decent one. The problem is, they don't seem to develop their young guys too well, so trading them for already developed, and in this case, good players seems like a good move. Although if you ask me, the Caps get ripped if they do that trade.

If the Caps can unload Gonchar and get some good prospects who are NHL ready, the deal will be pulled. Personally I think Mcphee is simply waiting till deadline hoping someone will up the ante because imo he has full intentions of trading him. Gonchar is RFA next year and probably earn 6 or 7 million and combine that with the CBA, if any team is willing to give good prospects and picks, then the Caps are lucky. Gonchar is a great dman, but with the possible lockout, new CBA, UFA closing in, and money, I personally wouldn't mortgage the future on someone like him.

Old
02-25-2004, 09:09 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
If they screw themselves, we wont see them in the playoffs for another 25 years :/. I'd rather see them succeed in the regurlar season, only to fail miserably in the postseason .
no its better that they just stop winning altogether. at least then the networs will stop talking about them so much.

Old
02-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Darz

Whomever wins the Gonchar sweepstakes is going to pay throught the nose. I honestly think Stagan and Carlo alone might not even land Toronto Gonchar alone, never mind Kolzig. I mean supposablely Bostno offered Samsonov and a 1st rounder for Gonchar, and imo, that is a better bounty than Stagan and Coliacovio (how ever you spell that)

Old
02-26-2004, 06:55 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
My brother told me that in his first year in McGill a bunch of guys from Ontario were watching a tor/philly playoff game in their gathering room (or whatever its' called). Toronto lost that game, and the Ontario guys trashed the room, breaking beer bottles on the walls and what not. Even though it's a little more xpensive witht he damages, it's always more fun to watch somebody's team do well during the season, have them brag their team up, watching them crash and burn in the playoffs, and then ragging them about it!

Old
02-26-2004, 07:05 PM
HabsBaby18*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
Your looking only at the points he can put up. Defencevily he is a liability. He is a -22 on the season. Toronto has a hard enough time with the group they have now to play good defence. They don't need him.

this season the caps are horrible .. Last season he had + 13 ... so this season , doesn't mean big things , and with toronto he will be better on the +/-

Last edited by HabsBaby18: 02-26-2004 at 07:12 PM.
Old
02-26-2004, 07:31 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Whomever wins the Gonchar sweepstakes is going to pay throught the nose. I honestly think Stagan and Carlo alone might not even land Toronto Gonchar alone, never mind Kolzig. I mean supposablely Bostno offered Samsonov and a 1st rounder for Gonchar, and imo, that is a better bounty than Stagan and Coliacovio (how ever you spell that)
True. Stajan's a future 3rd liner (I don't see him having enough offense for top 6) and Colaiacovo could be a top pair defenseman. But if I had to choose between Stajan and Colaiacovo or Samsonov and a 1st, I don't even need to think about this one.

Old
02-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzIsLife
no they wouldn't Stajan is there Offensive guy of the future (not much) but thatz all they have and Coliacovo could be molded into a top 3 D man you dont' give that for a couple of Has Beens I'd be very dissapointed for the Leafs fans if there Management did this.
Gonchar...a has been who`s basically led all defenceman in pts the past 3 years. Now why would anybody want him on there team.

Closed Thread