HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Hockey News in NYC

Old
05-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Heat McManus

vCash: 500
The Hockey News in NYC

I'm looking for a place in NYC that is selling the Hockey News draft preview. Anybody know where I can find it?

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Check Borders, I was there today and they had it. I live out on Long Island though.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Yeah, it'll be at the Border's in MSG or downstairs by the trains at one of those newstands.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Just subscribe. It's much cheaper and you don't have to go out and hunt it down.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Sunshine

bought it yesterday at Borders at Columbus Circle in the mall up the escalators.

Also, Penn Station and Grand Central have early deliveries to the 'Hudson News' -

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 03:13 PM
SML

Don't waste your money. I spent 5 bucks for it on zinio and it's crap. I wrote an angry letter to THN and they sent me back an apology. Go to the prospects page and download Cup's draft preview, it's light years ahead of the bird cage liner THN tried to pass off as a draft preview.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 03:20 PM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Don't waste your money. I spent 5 bucks for it on zinio and it's crap. I wrote an angry letter to THN and they sent me back an apology. Go to the prospects page and download Cup's draft preview, it's light years ahead of the bird cage liner THN tried to pass off as a draft preview.
I agree Cup's review is extraordinary.It was hard to download but there is an alternative site in that thread to download THE INFORMATION

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
LOL, they really wrote you back and apologized? That's awesome.

05-24-2007, 04:40 PM
SML

Maybe I oversold their "apology" but they did respond...
My letter:
I just read your draft preview issue, as I have every year for the last twenty years, and I must say that I am very dissappointed. What a bunch of fluff! You didn't even bother to list any statistics for players ranked outside the top 50! I have read your issue cover to cover and have come away with no more information than I had before I wasted five dollars on your work. You would think that, with the internet basically making your weekly articles all but irrelevant, you at The Hockey News would step it up. Instead, you have taken a backseat. I get more out of reading free blurbs on the redline report and hockey's future than I did just now. I have bought every single issue of the draft preview you have ever published, but this year's effort has me seriously doubting that will continue to be the case. Thank you very much for wasting my time this year and using page space for advertising instead of the actual information I bought your publication for.

Their response:Hi Scott,

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate your thoughts and will take them into consideration when planning next yearís Draft Preview. We donít disagree that more space could be devoted to the prospects, but unfortunately, logistics worked against us this year. We may have to rearrange the puzzle next year (perhaps less space devoted to the NHL team needs) in order to provide more detail on prospects.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

---
JASON KAY | EDITOR
416.227.8238 | jkay@thehockeynews.com
25 SHEPPARD AVE. W., SUITE 100, TORONTO, ON M2N 6S7

I guess it's not an apology per se, but they didn't really seem as though they disagreed with the opinions we have shared on this board. I would think more "feedback" might spur some of these guys to get their act together for next year.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 04:59 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
If you buy it, I suggest Hudson News either in Grand Central Station or Penn Station..I bought mine in GCT.

And unfortunately I agree. I was very dissapointed with this year's edition. Mostly because I remember the old newspaper-type preview magazines and even the one last year was very solid. This year there are 30 "in-depth" profiles and each player doesn't even get half a page and then there are only 20 more profiles that are about 15 words each.

If that isn't enough, they dedicate a page to each team that offers no thoughts on who each team might be interested in and then it has the assanine "best and worst players taken at this pick". Meanwhile, the picks aren't in the correct order since they printed it before the playoffs and they still have picks for some teams that don't even have a pick (Devils, Islanders, Sabres, Stars, ect).

It's a shame because THN is one of the best magazines out there and they took a real ESPN way of doing things this time around.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 05:08 PM
DarthSather99

for those that work downtown..

I picked it up today at Borders across the street from Trinity Church...

Looks like they had about 10 more copies.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
They always have THN on sale as Gerry Cosby's. If that helps at all

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Heat McManus

thanks guys. sounds like it's not the best product this year. I think the main problem with THN is they don't have any competition. I'll probably pay for it anyway....sigh.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote