HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

KEEP THE PREDS IN NASHVILLE, the official thread--we need your help!

Old
05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Domskidan

vCash: 500
KEEP THE PREDS IN NASHVILLE, the official thread--we need your help!

ADDED, 6-1:

http://www.nashvillechamber.com/predators/

PLEASE TAKE THIS SURVEY FROM THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, AND LET THEM KNOW HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO YOU THAT THE TEAM STAYS PUT!

Hi, I don't post much but because of the preds message board taking for ever to register on I thought I would post this hear instead.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2396995822&ref=mf

We stand behind Nashville, remember there is always hope that things could work out. The Penguins where close from moving closer than people think but our fan support and shear outrage over the situation pressured everyone into doing the right thing. Never stop believing Nashville fans, because miracles do happen, if we would of never of got Crosby the pens would of probably moved awhile ago, but a miracle happened we got him and a series of all the right events followed which led to the team staying in town for the next 30 years.

Its not over until the moving fans are packed and ready to go ... remember that.

IMPORTANT CONTACT INFO:

Gary Bettman: gbettman@nhl.com
NHL Offices: 212.789.2000

Last thing...(this from nomorekids)

TROLLING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN THIS THREAD. Any "move them!" or "you don't deserve a team anyway" type of talk WILL NOT BE TOLERATED in this thread. There is a zero-tolerance policy in effect from here on in. You've been warned.

PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL, EVERYTHING HELPS!

Last edited by barrytrotzsneck: 06-01-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Domskidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 07:10 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

We appreciate it more than you guys probably even realize.

Most of us will be emailing\calling the NHL as much as possible...we implore you to help us bombard them and see to it that this guy...if his intent is what we fear...has his hands tied

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 07:20 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I know what I said last night, but if this guy wants to move the team, I want to make it as hard as possible. I already have my season tickets, and I'm going to purchase a seat for my girlfriend as well.

I urge ALL OF YOU that are considering not re-upping...

PLEASE RECONSIDER!!!

We can do this. Those of you that aren't season ticket holders...if you can avoid even a partial...go for it. If you can't afford it...and you're more of a "once a month" type, try to go 2 or 3 times a month. EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS.

We can't and won't let this go without a fight.

Old
05-24-2007, 07:20 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

one more thing...

PLEASE spread the word on this. If you hear anyone considering giving up, talk it out of them. Those of you that post on the other board, please spread this and all the contact info.

Old
05-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Nashville108*

This is a good idea! Even if they do move, we know that this didnt happen without a fight.

Nashville108* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 08:24 PM
PredsMan

I was considering giving up last nite, and this afternoon.

But I'm staying in the fight.

MY 2 season tiks and 2 Ice packs can be counted on again, as they have been since day 1!!

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
I feel I'm somewhat neutral in this whole ordeal, but here's a suggestion; instead of phonespamming the league office, why not keep it Nashville-based? Ticket sales are the main problem, you guys need to average over 14k this season in tickets sold per game, or the team's as good as gone, sad to say. Try to organize rallies outside the arena, tailgates, that sort of thing, put up posters, etc, whatever it takes.

There's really nothing anyone outside of Nashville can do; I'm of the belief that any incessant phone calls/emails will just be ignored.

Just my $0.02.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 08:37 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
I feel I'm somewhat neutral in this whole ordeal, but here's a suggestion; instead of phonespamming the league office, why not keep it Nashville-based? Ticket sales are the main problem, you guys need to average over 14k this season in tickets sold per game, or the team's as good as gone, sad to say. Try to organize rallies outside the arena, tailgates, that sort of thing, put up posters, etc, whatever it takes.

There's really nothing anyone outside of Nashville can do; I'm of the belief that any incessant phone calls/emails will just be ignored.

Just my $0.02.
No one's saying that sort of thing won't happen...but to say the calls and emails will be ignored...ask Pens fans about that. The fan outcry in that way was a contributing factor to why the league blocked the sale without stipulations.

Old
05-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Nashville108*

This is what I just emailed Bettman. Hopefully he reads it.

Mr. Bettman,

I ask you to fully investigate the intentions of Jim Balsillie and his party attempting to acquire ownership of the Nashville Predators franchise. This is the man who had clear intentions of moving Pittsburgh's team, with an offer of 175$ million. He is offering 220$ for the Predators even though they are valued by Forbes at an amount less than the Penguins. This is a man who seems like he is desperate to get another team into Ontario at whatever cost it takes. This man would probably pay a billion for the Preds if you would let him move the team to Canada. I ask you to find out his true intentions before this is allowed, and set some ground rules such as you did with the Penguins, such as something like "No moving for atleast 5 years if XXXXXX attendance numbers are met."

Now I know you were the man who wanted a Southern expansion. This expansion is working as well as you hoped it would in my opinion, if you would take a trip down here during hockey season and take a look at all of our young ones at the games and playing hockey at the 2 new ice rinks that are directly attributed to the presence of our Predators. One of these young kids has already worked his way through our youth hockey league, and now plays for Wisconsin, and will be a player in the NHL one day, Blake Geoffrion. When I graduated highschool, we had just gotten the Predators. No one really cared about them because "they sucked". This past year, I had my higschool reunion where else but the Sommet Center at a Predators game and it was an amazing experience. Some people in our class bought ticket packages after that evening. The real problem is organizational marketing. When people come to games, they get hooked. The problem is Leipold's marketing team and marketing strategies are almost invisible. I have seen maybe 2 or 3 signs/billboards around town telling people when big games are etc. Nashville has one of the highest walkup crowd percentages in the NHL. Our walkup to corporate ticket sales are like 65:35. The everyday fans support this team immensly, Nashville has always supported each and every one of our athletic teams. Imagine if we had an owner who could sell the businesses on hockey. We might need to build a bigger arena and raise ticket prices there would be so many people interested in the Predators!

My question is why allow a team to move to Ontario, where everyone is either a Maple Leafs fan or a fan of another team. They are already spending their revenue dollars on tickets to other teams and their merchandise. For every 20 bucks someone would spend on another Canadian team, another NHL team would lose that 20 dollars! I believe the expansion is great. I loved football,basketball and baseball for my entire life. I was aware of the NHL, but didn't care about it at all. When we got a team I decided to give it a go, bought more tickets each year, and will be buying full season tickets for my family of 4 this season! There are many just like me. Went from thinking hockey is a joke to being able to tell you Alexander Radulov's current stats right off the top of my head. Attendance has been increasing steadily and we just got a new arena sponsor in the Sommet Group. I truly believe that it will continue to grow if you give it a chance. I would love to have this man as an owner. He is a family man, athletic and a down to earth guy. He would spend whatever it takes to make us a competitor and sign free agents, market, do whatever it takes to sell tickets and win hockey games.

All I ask is that you somehow make Mr. Basillie wait for a length of time to try and make atleast an attempt to work his magic and get corporations in Nashville involved. Please don't quit on Nashville just yet. We are making progress and it would be like admitting defeat on your part. Many Nashvillians may not even follow the NHL anymore where as the people of Ontario will follow the league regardless of if they have a team or not.

Please save our Predators like you did Pittsburgh's Pens!

Thanks for your time and help,

Nashville108* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 08:39 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'm e-mailing Bettman in the morning, as well.

Old
05-24-2007, 08:40 PM
canadianpredsfan97

I'll be doing all I can from Vancouver to help out. (fingers crossed and praying)

canadianpredsfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Skk82

As a Pens fan who wishes the best for you guys take the following to heart:

The NHL expects an initial outburst of shock, disgust and anger. It's easy to brush aside even thousands of emails and phonecalls (see the Rory fiasco).

What talks, what really talks, is mobilizing your fanbase and supporting the organization even more where it counts, at the gates.

Every little bit helps and attendence is key. Some will surely drop their ticket packages, but that really is quitting to easily. Start selling the building out, start making way too much noise (and not just at the arena) and make your market viable.

In short, don't go quietly into the night, good sirs and madams. It may feel like your helpless as an individual and perhaps you are. Join up, rally support wherever you can and try as best as possible to have the building filled.

That's pretty much what worked in Pittsburgh. A little different situation, to be sure, but nothing short of an overwhelming effort is what it will take. That's pretty much what kept this franchise here.

Skk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 08:45 PM
grapepul*

Pens fan here Just email everybody who has some pull in the Government, media, team owner, whoever else you can think of that matters & most of all KEEP IT CLEAN & RESPECTFUL!!!!!!! Good lucks guys I'm rooting for you all to keep the Preds & keep that snake from taking YOUR TEAM

grapepul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post

Just my $0.02.

They weren't, and I speak from experience. I called the league several times during the Pens Plan B debacle, and each time someone took the time to listen to everything I had to say, took my name, and assured me that they were keeping track of the phone calls that they were getting. Everyone was very kind and nobody rushed to get me off the phone. I emailed as well, and got a personalized response. It was probably a form letter with my name thrown in, but it was more than they had to do. In discussing the situation with other Pens fans, they had similar experiences.

I would definitely urge you guys to get an email/phone call campaign together to the NHL offices as well as local rallies. I'm of the opinion that even if it didn't necessarily have a profound impact on the situation, it definitely let Bettman and the bigwigs in NYC know how the fans felt about the situation and that there was definitely support for the team. I will certainly be happy to participate and help the Preds fans out any way I can.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 08:50 PM
PhilTheThrillKessel

I'd love to see them stay but they will probably get moved. If so I hope its Winnipeg

PhilTheThrillKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 08:53 PM
grapepul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1KaberleFan View Post
I'd love to see them stay but they will probably get moved. If so I hope its Winnipeg
Why in the Hell would you post that here,Good God show some CLASS if you have any.

grapepul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Pens1566

Pens fan here, actual written letters seemed to carry the most weight in our little situation. Also, I don't know what, if any, say your local politicians have in the matter. But if it's any at all, put the heat on them. Call the NHL offices. Above all, be polite and professional. You won't be taken seriously if you yell/scream/use foul language. I really hope you guys keep your team. Best of luck.

edit: Don't stop getting your season tix. The more people that quit on the team, the easier it will be to give credence to his excuse to move your team.

Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 09:01 PM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

I know how much it sucks to lose a team, believe me, but life goes on. Winnipeg, at the time of their demise, couldn't support a team. Nashville is in the same boat.

No one likes to lose millions a year, so Leipold has probably made the right decision. It's unfortunate for the true fans that payed their hard earned money to see games, but the fact of the matter is that after 7 years there just aren't enough of these fans in Nashville.

E-Mailing Buttman is totally hopeless. Instead, e-mail as many Nashvillians as possible promoting the '08 season. Fill the seats, keep the team. Winnipeg couldn't do it in our old arena but you guys have a good complex to work with. It is sparse, but there could be some hope here.

mazmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 09:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
Pens fan here, actual written letters seemed to carry the most weight in our little situation. Also, I don't know what, if any, say your local politicians have in the matter. But if it's any at all, put the heat on them. Call the NHL offices. Above all, be polite and professional. You won't be taken seriously if you yell/scream/use foul language. I really hope you guys keep your team. Best of luck.
I agree with that.

Can anyone find any pertinent e-mails of Nashville city people? Bredesen might be a good person to contact as well, given the role he played in bringing the team to Nashville to begin with.

Old
05-24-2007, 09:19 PM
PhilTheThrillKessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapepul View Post
Why in the Hell would you post that here,Good God show some CLASS if you have any.
What the hell are you talking about. I want the Preds to stay in Nashville but if they get moved I'd want to see them in Winnipeg over a place like KC or another Ontario team.

PhilTheThrillKessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Goaliemon89
CBJ's Future CFO

Send a message via ICQ to Goaliemon89 Send a message via AIM to Goaliemon89 Send a message via MSN to Goaliemon89 Send a message via Yahoo to Goaliemon89
As a Blue Jackets fan, I would like to wish you Nasville fans good luck in your battle. You may beat my team 90% of the games, but you guys deserve another couple years to build hockey up in Nashville.

Goaliemon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Superstar Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1KaberleFan View Post
What the hell are you talking about. I want the Preds to stay in Nashville but if they get moved I'd want to see them in Winnipeg over a place like KC or another Ontario team.
No one wants to hear where you hope their team ends up.

And I'm really pulling for the Nashville folks here. I know what you're going through and it sucks. Hopefully it works out for you.

Superstar Shane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
NEVER GIVE UP GUYS! KEEP FIGHTING!

You have my full support!

Ducksforcup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Luigi Lemieux

i am not as familiar with the preds situation, so in order to go about this the right way, i'm wondering if anyone can explain exactlywhat is the problem in nashville, and what must happen to give the preds the best chance in staying. if we can clearly identify those two things, everyone will have a much better idea where to focus their efforts.

for the pens it was obvious they needed an arena. that was the only obstacle(though it was a huge one). pens fans knew where to direct their thoughts, and the local politicians heard from pens fans in a big way.

so is it the local businesses that preds fans need to bother to buy season tickets? just more fans in general? what is the 7 year agreement thing about and why can it be voided? any way to prevent it?

just trying to get a better feel for what's really going on.

Luigi Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Jared Cowen

As a part of the Senapreds Alliance I will fight for thee!

Jared Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote