HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

ufas updated

Old
05-22-2007, 03:53 PM
fan in oregon

vCash: 500
ufas updated

I saw the updated ufas per tsn and compiled my own list of ufas who I believe could
make the Blues into playoff contenders next year. just so you know they are all forwards. The Blues are pretty much on d and g. so heres my list alphabetically after
each players name I will give the reason I feel the blues could use him.
Brandon Bochenski- young enough to develop into player for few years Has good touch around the net could be a scorer on the right line.
Mike Comrie- smalish center who flat out play when motivated I would make him coach Murray pet project
Russian Fedeotenko- big winger comes play in the playoffs if trained properly could
transfered into regular season accomplishments
Patrick Stefan- former number 1 pick overall let him get a new start for the Blues
if he needs to start at peoria to get up his confidence let him
Keith Tkachuk-Like it or not he is coming back I would put him back on wing on a
line with Comrie and Fedeotenko. with walts and russian size and skill it would give
Comrie room to operate in traffic
Josef Vasicek-what I like most about him is his size at center I think he could help
the Blues power play by having him in the front net.
so thats my list 3 centers and 3 wingers no big name long term contracts but just
a little help to lock down 8 spot in the conference and a date with the playoffs
GO Blues

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon View Post
I saw the updated ufas per tsn and compiled my own list of ufas who I believe could
make the Blues into playoff contenders next year. just so you know they are all forwards. The Blues are pretty much on d and g. so heres my list alphabetically after
each players name I will give the reason I feel the blues could use him.

Brandon Bochenski- young enough to develop into player for few years Has good touch around the net could be a scorer on the right line.

Mike Comrie- smalish center who flat out play when motivated I would make him coach Murray pet project

Russian Fedeotenko- big winger comes play in the playoffs if trained properly could
transfered into regular season accomplishments

Patrick Stefan- former number 1 pick overall let him get a new start for the Blues
if he needs to start at peoria to get up his confidence let him

Keith Tkachuk-Like it or not he is coming back I would put him back on wing on a
line with Comrie and Fedeotenko. with walts and russian size and skill it would give
Comrie room to operate in traffic

Josef Vasicek-what I like most about him is his size at center I think he could help
the Blues power play by having him in the front net.

so thats my list 3 centers and 3 wingers no big name long term contracts but just
a little help to lock down 8 spot in the conference and a date with the playoffs
GO Blues
So everyone can read.

I would like to see Comrie added to the roster and would rather have him then overpay for Briere. I don't care much for Vasicek or Steffan. Brando Bo shouldn't be a UFA just yet - but would love to have him on the team. Maybe Boston would like at 9th rounder .

Comrie and TK or Blake and I would be pretty satisfied. Especially if we can add another top 6 forward via trade.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
So everyone can read.

I would like to see Comrie added to the roster and would rather have him then overpay for Briere. I don't care much for Vasicek or Steffan. Brando Bo shouldn't be a UFA just yet - but would love to have him on the team. Maybe Boston would like at 9th rounder .

Comrie and TK or Blake and I would be pretty satisfied. Especially if we can add another top 6 forward via trade.
Comrie, and TK or Blake would cost about $5- $6million. The other top 6 forward shouldn't cost more than $1-1.5 million more than the salary given up in trading for him. The Blues could then afford to add the three different top 6 forwards to their NHL roster (improving their scoring potential immensely.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2007, 06:17 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
I'd like to see Feds here but not much of a chance. I still think someone like Drury would fix many, many problems. (PowerPlay in particular)

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Gman7191

God so many choices and so much money to spend. I think maybe a speedy winger like Blake and a center or winger to match him (comrie, zubrus, or kariya). Any one have any idea what Blake will command in FA?

Also yesterday I was thinking about a trade to aquire someone like Marek Svatos. I dont know what it would take to get him, but what do you guys think of him.

Gman7191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 12:45 PM
CCBC

I really want Comrie and Fedeotenko out of that list.

I'd take most of the others, but I'm still undecided on Tkachuk.

CCBC is offline   Reply With Quote