HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If the Predators are sold and moved...

View Poll Results: If the Predators are sold and moved
You will still watch and cheer for the new Predators 27 30.00%
You will still watch occasionally, but not fanatically anymore 16 17.78%
You will pick another team in time zone to cheer for 25 27.78%
You will never watch hockey again 22 24.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Paincakes

vCash: 500
I've had an interest in hockey for about 5 or 6 years now and I really started to follow the Preds at the beginning of this season. I watched or listened to every game I could. I loved the Preds, I loved the players, I loved the team and I really wanted to see a cup in NASHVILLE. So if they move I will find a new team to root for because it would jsut be too hard to root for the *insert name* Predators and if they go far to see the cup go to them and not Nashville after all we have been through. I don't know what to think becuase seeing hockey grow in Tennessee and the south means a lot to me and this is just a kick in the teeth.

I would still be a fan of the players, but not the organization. Unless the Predators have the name NASHVILLE preceding it, you won't get anything from me. I would still love Vokoun, Mason, Legwand, Weber, etc even after a move. It would be hard to hate the players I loved to watch.

But if it happens I would need a new team to root for all year, becuase I just could not stand to support another city with OUR team. I love hockey, and I would not have ever had an interest in the sport if it wasn't for the Predators. I share the same story with many a hockey fan in Tennessee I'm sure. Give us 10 more years and let kids and teenagers like myself grow up and have the ability to go to games on a regular basis and then see what happens. But now it looks like that won't happen. Damn the people to hell that have hurt us all. The business men, the traditionalist haters, all of them. God damn you to hell.

Pittsburgh and Ottawa are two of my other favorite teams. Time to get Center Ice.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 04:26 PM
PredDave

Today on the War Room (XM 204), a passionate listener sent an email citing examples about how the Tennessean and local coverage in Nashville was horrible. The guys on the show said, "you should send that exact letter to the Tennessean" to make them aware of their faults. They just don't get it, do they? We have been talking about lack of corporate support and crummy local media coverage for YEARS. While John Glennon has made progress, he's not enough. And don't even mention that waste of skin, Jessica Hopp or the eternally worthless Joe Biddle, David Climer, or Paul "the tool" Kuharsky. These guys are salivating at the potential loss of the Predators. You probably can't tell, but I can't stand this market's attitude towards hockey!

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 05:47 PM
cantskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
the fact that he exaggerated how much the team lost is still up for debate. He lost 3 million dollars PER SEASON since the Preds have been in place in Nashville.

Fact is, the youth in this city has grown up watching the Predators and are in love with this team. We just need to allow 3-4 years of these people to graduate college, get jobs, so that they can buy themselves tickets, along with their wives and kids.

Point being, when the youth in this city finally get jobs, Corporations will be almost forced to buy tickets when their employees all want tickets to the hockey games.

The first year the Predators made the playoffs, we had the lockout... which killed our momentum. In the past 2 seasons, the Predators have had over a 25% increase in attendance. Tell me how it doesnt look like it is going up?

All Nashville needs is a long playoff run to get these people hooked. It worked for Carolina, Anaheim, Tampa Bay, and Dallas... why cant it work in Nashville?
That is a shame, no doubt, and youth hockey in Nash might be affected. What about the people in Canada? What about teams that left Quebec City and Winnepeg for example? Don't their fans deserve to see NHL hockey too? Don't forget, when the Canes moved to Carolina, the people of Hartford lost out. Ditto with Winny and Phoenix. This is a business decision pure and simple, and the affect on youth hockey in the area, is pretty far down the list of considerations.

cantskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantskate View Post
That is a shame, no doubt, and youth hockey in Nash might be affected. What about the people in Canada? What about teams that left Quebec City and Winnepeg for example? Don't their fans deserve to see NHL hockey too? Don't forget, when the Canes moved to Carolina, the people of Hartford lost out. Ditto with Winny and Phoenix. This is a business decision pure and simple, and the affect on youth hockey in the area, is pretty far down the list of considerations.
Give me a freaking break. No one here thinks Canadian cities do not deserve NHL teams. In fact, I think you'll probably find that alot of us would support the NHL granting more Canadian cities teams, as long as its through expansion and not relocation.

Answer me this: How does us wanting to keep our team translate into supporting the NHL leaving Quebec City and Winnipeg.

Furthermore, the part about youth hockey was brought up to point out that the NHL supporting this move would be throwing in the towel too early. The roots of hockey are being sewn into the Middle Tennessee area. If you were going to tell me that the Nashville Area High School Hockey League would be as big as it is before the NHL, I'd call you crazy. Seeds are being sown and in the future, those people end up buying tickets. Case in point, MYSELF. I was only in high school when the Predators moved here. My high school didn't have a hockey team until after the Predators moved here. When I moved back to the area after college, my first purchase was two ticket packages.

You are totally missing the point here.

WE FULLY understand the business aspect. Don't preach to us.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote