HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cablevision customers, ask for the NHL Network!

Old
05-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Czecher

vCash: 500
Cablevision customers, ask for the NHL Network!

The NHL Network, which is only in Canada right now, is making a move south next year. Right now the NHL is seeking contracts with providers, and unless we can convince them otherwise, it will be banished to Direct TV (just like the NFL Network).

I've been able to watch it on satellite and it's great. You can watch ON the Fly, which is an NHL Network show, at nhl.com (http://onthefly.nhl.com/index.html).

So, just call up your cable TV provider and tell them you want it! Imagine, a hockey-only highlight show EVERY NIGHT, with names pronounced correctly and analysts who know what they are talking about!

Czecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 11:47 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czecher View Post
The NHL Network, which is only in Canada right now, is making a move south next year. Right now the NHL is seeking contracts with providers, and unless we can convince them otherwise, it will be banished to Direct TV (just like the NFL Network).

I've been able to watch it on satellite and it's great. You can watch ON the Fly, which is an NHL Network show, at nhl.com (http://onthefly.nhl.com/index.html).

So, just call up your cable TV provider and tell them you want it! Imagine, a hockey-only highlight show EVERY NIGHT, with names pronounced correctly and analysts who know what they are talking about!
i wish Time Warner had this channel and tsn, id rather watch that than VS Hockey most of the time.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

vCash: 529
Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
They've been showing on the fly on VS now during the playoffs, not a bad show.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 12:19 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
They've been showing on the fly on VS now during the playoffs, not a bad show.
yea i agree, it makes me want to move to canada just to get the NHL network. Its bad that Time Warner has the NBA TV but no NHL Network, what a joke, I guess the world is evolving around the NBA and stupid hip hop garbage.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Czecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
yea i agree, it makes me want to move to canada just to get the NHL network. Its bad that Time Warner has the NBA TV but no NHL Network, what a joke, I guess the world is evolving around the NBA and stupid hip hop garbage.
I heard an interview with Bettman about it and he said they are working on the deal, and he said calling the company will help their cause. Time Warner might pick it up, if enough people ask, but either way it's coming to the U.S.

Czecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 04:01 PM
jhnyr

I asked for it with Cablevision (but since I'm in the Bronx, it was pretty much a lost cause).

Anyone know if Verizon's FiOS will have it?

jhnyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 05:23 PM
HF_Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
i wish Time Warner had this channel and tsn, id rather watch that than VS Hockey most of the time.
The day TSN is on Time Warner is the day the CBC puts an affiliate in New York... it'll never happen. You gotta get the Center Ice package to enjoy hockey, they broadcast all of Hockey Night in Canada on Saturdays!

HF_Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote