HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds Rally Info!

Old
05-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Nashville108*

vCash: 500
Preds Rally Info!

This is still in its planning stages, but a couple friends told me a rally is being planned for June 23rd outside the Sommet Center. There will hopefully be lots of fans and lots of media so we can make people take notice. I will be going, I encourage you all to show up in your Preds gear.

Last edited by Nashville108*: 05-26-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Nashville108* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Whoa there, hang on just a minute...

Over on NP.com they are promoting a rally on June 16th and are waiting for a response from the crew at 104.5 FM on Tuesday because they too have stated in an e-mail that they are trying to organize something and the folks at NP.com would like to coordinate with them.

I strongly suggest we work with 104.5 to organize this and make it a united front. The last thing we need is 20 or 30 separate rallies with minimial numbers. We need to organize and have a strong united rally with a great turnout and strong support from the local media and then follow up with some future rallies if needed.

Also, the date of June 16th is being favored because it is prior to the June 20th deadline Leipold has to activate the "cure clause".

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 05:11 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
i just know id rather have 1 big one with a thousands there, than 2 smaller ones with hundreds there.

Make sure we have the dates right...

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
i just know id rather have 1 big one with a thousands there, than 2 smaller ones with hundreds there.

Make sure we have the dates right...
Agreed.

Nashville108, would you mind if a moderator changed your title to something like "Downtown Rally" to avoid any potential confusion until we can get together with the guys at 104.5 to see about what their plans are and see if we can coordinate our rallies to maximize the impact?

Old
05-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Nashville108*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Agreed.

Nashville108, would you mind if a moderator changed your title to something like "Downtown Rally" to avoid any potential confusion until we can get together with the guys at 104.5 to see about what their plans are and see if we can coordinate our rallies to maximize the impact?
that'd be fine. Just kinda make this a rally discussion thread in general.

Nashville108* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 12:23 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

What exactly will occur at this rally? I mean, don't get me wrong, I think it's great to unite and all that...but if it's just a bunch of us...those of us that are already contributing and aren't "part of the problem," I don't see what it will do. If it's say...a season ticket drive or whatever, great...will the Preds cooperate that\have affiliates there to sign people up?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
What exactly will occur at this rally? I mean, don't get me wrong, I think it's great to unite and all that...but if it's just a bunch of us...those of us that are already contributing and aren't "part of the problem," I don't see what it will do. If it's say...a season ticket drive or whatever, great...will the Preds cooperate that\have affiliates there to sign people up?
The planning is being discussed more over on NP.com, but on a positive note...our local legends "Small Time Rock Stars", who have really become an integral part of the Predators in-game experience are on board and actually looking to actively help organize a planning meeting prior to the event, help organize the event, and even play at the event. I do also believe that their is a member of the ticket sales staff that has said that he would be interested in getting involved in this and he himself has gone ahead and bought a pair of season tickets to donate to the Predators Foundation.