HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Letter from Leipold to season ticket holders.

Old
05-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Pnut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Blue Jackets fan (don't let the playoff avatar fool you), just wanted to stop in and wish you guys the best of luck on this thing. I don't care for relocation regardless how long a team has existed. The fact that it seems to be corporate ticket sales at the issue is also frustrating because its clear there are true fans in Nashville.

Having a third team in a remote city in Southern Ontario would be a disaster despite what most Canadians seem to think. Consider that the NY metro area has three teams and two of those teams have had attendance issues on a regular basis. Southern Ontario has a similar population but most of that population is in Toronto and Ottawa with the rest dispersed in a large geographical area. Just doesn't make business sense when you consider how many years it took for the Senators to get their financial house in order.
Hey BJS fan, just know that this isles fan wants to set the record straight.. the isles fans didnt go to the games from '97 till Wang bought the team because they were feilding what was a minor league team at the time (with our only true star, Ziggy Palffy) NJ is a stones throw, and i even said that today in a thread on the oil page. No matter What 3 cities, say Tor-Otta-Hamilton you cant hit the amount of population that we have here in the tristate area NY-NJ-Con

We have tons of teams to look over and root for or against, not 3 or 4 CFL teams and 2 or three (if u include the habs) We have the Yanks, Mets, Giants, Jets, Devil worshippers, Rags, Isles, Nets Knicks, and SI Yanks, Brooklyn Cyclones, LI ducks, Liberty, titans (of MILL) Red Bulls, etc

I agree that up in that part of canada there are the Hamilton Tigers? Toronto Argonaughts, Mon Aulouettes, Cans, Leafs, sens and some minor legue hockey and thats it..because that is all they can support there isnt a large population up there like there is in NYC, LI and Jersy

I am really sorry to all Preds fans that read this some people should get their facts straight..and just support their team so that this doesnt happen to them, IE this BJ fan

Islanders fans that I know all love the Preds also and hope that you dont lose ur team to this skum bucket Basille.......keep the faith, look at edm, NYI and the Pens

Last edited by Pnut: 05-27-2007 at 12:33 AM.
Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 12:55 AM
Doc Scurlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNguh View Post
Hey BJS fan, just know that this isles fan wants to set the record straight.. the isles fans didnt go to the games from '97 till Wang bought the team because they were feilding what was a minor league team at the time (with our only true star, Ziggy Palffy) NJ is a stones throw, and i even said that today in a thread on the oil page. No matter What 3 cities, say Tor-Otta-Hamilton you cant hit the amount of population that we have here in the tristate area NY-NJ-Con

We have tons of teams to look over and root for or against, not 3 or 4 CFL teams and 2 or three (if u include the habs) We have the Yanks, Mets, Giants, Jets, Devil worshippers, Rags, Isles, Nets Knicks, and SI Yanks, Brooklyn Cyclones, LI ducks, Liberty, titans (of MILL) Red Bulls, etc

I agree that up in that part of canada there are the Hamilton Tigers? Toronto Argonaughts, Mon Aulouettes, Cans, Leafs, sens and some minor legue hockey and thats it..because that is all they can support there isnt a large population up there like there is in NYC, LI and Jersy

I am really sorry to all Preds fans that read this some people should get their facts straight..and just support their team so that this doesnt happen to them, IE this BJ fan

Islanders fans that I know all love the Preds also and hope that you dont lose ur team to this skum bucket Basille.......keep the faith, look at edm, NYI and the Pens
Southern Ontario has nearly 12 million people living in it and I can bet you my left nut that out those 12 million a sizable portion of them are hockey fans whether it be NHL, junior, or minor league hockey.

As for other major sports teams you forgot the Raptors and the Blue Jays. But none of those carry the kind of fan base that the hockey teams do. Just like in say New York the Yankees probably kick the crap out of the Rangers when it comes to the number of fans.

Remember just because you have millions and millions of people living up in New York doesn't mean they all care about hockey especially because, as you mentioned in your post, all the other sports teams in that are that competing for the fan dollar.

If you're setting up an NHL franchise then having it in a city where you don't compete with the NFL, MLB, NBA etc. is a smart first step. Just look at the Blue Jackets. The team's sucked since it came into the league yet the fans keep coming back imagine what will happen if they actually make the playoffs and get all the bandwagon jumpers to buy tickets, merchandise, etc.

Doc Scurlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Scurlock View Post
Southern Ontario has nearly 12 million people living in it and I can bet you my left nut that out those 12 million a sizable portion of them are hockey fans whether it be NHL, junior, or minor league hockey.

As for other major sports teams you forgot the Raptors and the Blue Jays. But none of those carry the kind of fan base that the hockey teams do. Just like in say New York the Yankees probably kick the crap out of the Rangers when it comes to the number of fans.

Remember just because you have millions and millions of people living up in New York doesn't mean they all care about hockey especially because, as you mentioned in your post, all the other sports teams in that are that competing for the fan dollar.

If you're setting up an NHL franchise then having it in a city where you don't compete with the NFL, MLB, NBA etc. is a smart first step. Just look at the Blue Jackets. The team's sucked since it came into the league yet the fans keep coming back imagine what will happen if they actually make the playoffs and get all the bandwagon jumpers to buy tickets, merchandise, etc.
Well lookey here a canadien that says lets wait for the US expansion team to grow!

I am sorry about forgeting the Jays and raptors, easy enough to. hey there is 12 million people in NYC alone in a 1/100th of the space, my point is Nashville deserves the same respect that you give the Blue Jackets.

See here is the great oh Canadians have some god given right to have hockey and any US fan doesnt have that same right. Oh as much as i hate the Rags, their fan base is expansive, but it is just the fact that baseball is loved by lots more round the world than hockey and something about NYY having so many championships 4 for the rags (and coinsidentally the isles) compared to 26 for the yanks. Oh should we start putting major league (MLB, CFL, NFL, NHL, MBS, MLS) teams in Moose Jaw, Ancorage, Mexico City, Vegas, Saskatoon? I mean you got money to waste lets put the Jets back in Winni. Sorry preds fans, bye

Old
05-27-2007, 02:09 AM
Doc Scurlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNguh View Post
Well lookey here a canadien that says lets wait for the US expansion team to grow!

I am sorry about forgeting the Jays and raptors, easy enough to. hey there is 12 million people in NYC alone in a 1/100th of the space, my point is Nashville deserves the same respect that you give the Blue Jackets.

See here is the great oh Canadians have some god given right to have hockey and any US fan doesnt have that same right. Oh as much as i hate the Rags, their fan base is expansive, but it is just the fact that baseball is loved by lots more round the world than hockey and something about NYY having so many championships 4 for the rags (and coinsidentally the isles) compared to 26 for the yanks. Oh should we start putting major league (MLB, CFL, NFL, NHL, MBS, MLS) teams in Moose Jaw, Ancorage, Mexico City, Vegas, Saskatoon? I mean you got money to waste lets put the Jets back in Winni. Sorry preds fans, bye
Oh my God, where the hell did I say that the US doesn't deserve hockey? And as for the showing respect to Nashville I'm not coming on here going, "hahahaha losers, you're not going to have a hockey team!!!!! JETS-4-Life".

But I'm also not going to come here and blow smoke up their ass and tell them every thing's cool just because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm certain that the Preds fans on this board are smart enough and know the situation their team is in and it's not looking very good right now and thus you discuss this as that's the whole purpose of a message board.

Doc Scurlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Scurlock View Post
Oh my God, where the hell did I say that the US doesn't deserve hockey? And as for the showing respect to Nashville I'm not coming on here going, "hahahaha losers, you're not going to have a hockey team!!!!! JETS-4-Life".

But I'm also not going to come here and blow smoke up their ass and tell them every thing's cool just because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm certain that the Preds fans on this board are smart enough and know the situation their team is in and it's not looking very good right now and thus you discuss this as that's the whole purpose of a message board.
sorry I just think that facts are facts and to assume that they are gone might be premature, no body knows what basille is going to do, if i knew that i would play the lotto. if i knew that i would have seen Smyth comming to us. Nothing is set in stone and saying its not looking very good, well it doesmt but i am sure the NHL wont just let him move the team right away or in atleast a few years. I hope that the Pred fans have several rallys and at least say this isnt going to happen.

I am sorry about that joke, it was uncalled for and not right and I agree this wasnt the right area of the board. Sorry to you Doc Scurlock and to all Pred fans,

I want the Nashville Preds to stay in Nashville and I am sure everybody would agree no matter what team they love.Im out

Old
05-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Willis

Quote:
Originally Posted by axecrew View Post
BUT with the state of economics in Canada surounding their teams,I'd say it would be a long shot. Before anyone ask..Here's what I mean, Toronto and Montreal are the stablest of the group,Ottawa is coming out of bankruptsy,Edmonton and Calgary still have very limited payroll and money available. Vancouver..who knows?
Well Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary all paid into revenue sharing so if they did have the problems you think they do then the entire league is in massive trouble. Just remember in the last 2 years 5 of the 6 Canadian teams are in the top 10 (only Ottawa is not) in league revenue and not a single one has recieved revenue sharing.

Willis is offline   Reply With Quote