Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie Anyone?

Old
05-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Heske_44

vCash: 500
Comrie Anyone?

I could have sworn I heard a few months back that Atlanta had expressed interest in Comrie. I personally think he is a good fit in Atlanta on either of the top two lines and top PP in Atlanta. Certainly would be a solid pick-up and give Little some time to develop.

Has anyone heard anything related to Comrie and what are your thoughts of Mike as a Thrasher?

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Comrie is Savard-lite and could be a good fit...but he had a nasty fight with Kovalchuk in which Kovy pulled Comrie's hair. I know they're all professional and mature, but this would be a tough thing for Comrie to forgive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm5iEA41OlI

Comrie was rumoured to go to Atlanta. I have a feeling that he would decline an offer if it was given. I don't think MC would like Bob Hartley much either (and vice-versa) and Bryan Little is the heir-apparent center for the squad.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Heske_44

Now that was good. So this rumour had been speculated and I wasn't crossing stories?

LOL I didn't actually expect to see Ilya pulling some hair....although I should have.

Little is going to just jump right to top line/top PP? While he may be the "heir" I don't see how a year or two of conditioning and adjusting would hurt him. NHL is much different than OHL...ask Schremp.

I agree though...I slightly forgot Hartley and Comrie both have...pride...yes...that's what we will call it.

Old
05-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Bryan Little should have at least a year in the AHL. He's already said that he's having to work hard to get adjusted to the increased speed in the AHL.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Heske_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
Bryan Little should have at least a year in the AHL. He's already said that he's having to work hard to get adjusted to the increased speed in the AHL.

Yes, fair enough. If you aren't a sure fire prospect you should get some conditioning in the AHL. Even if he plays 08/09 he will be on a top 6 role but I don't peg him to get the exact same role Savard had handed to him.

Just thought Comrie would be a good fit in the top 6 for those couple years.

BTW - Why is it a ghost town on this board?

Old
05-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Lux Aurumque*

I would throw Comrie on a line with Kovalchuk in a heartbeat.

It's probably because we were eliminated so quickly, and quite a while ago...and that our GM hasn't done any re-signings or signings of prospects. There just isnt anything for Thrashers fans to talk about.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Heske_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S. Bach View Post
I would throw Comrie on a line with Kovalchuk in a heartbeat.

It's probably because we were eliminated so quickly, and quite a while ago...and that our GM hasn't done any re-signings or signings of prospects. There just isnt anything for Thrashers fans to talk about.

I agree, Comrie would be great in Atl. As for this board I notice it isn't as bad as the Wild's but isn't as rocking as the middle boards. Could def just be nothing to talk about.

OT - I live out on the west coast in BC and want some props for being a die-hard Braves fan since 1989. To be 8 years old in '92, in Canada, and rooting against the Jays is something I still don't hear the end of. I'm talking Raphael Belliard, Lemke, Blauser, Pendleton, Justice, Nixon, Gant, Cabrera, Bream, Berryhill, Avery, Wholers, Liebrandt, Smoltz, Glavine and of course my favourite player since 1992...the Professor!!