HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Isles - Rags season series stats

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Lost Kangaroo

vCash: 500
Isles - Rags season series stats

Does anyone have a W - L - T season series list between these two teams for each year since the Isles came into the NHL? I am looking for the last time there was a sweep of a season series. I think the last time was in 72, the Isles inagural season. If someone has it or can tell me where to find it I would appreciate it. I say it only happened once, but a Ranger fan I know seems to think this was the 3rd time. Got a case of beer riding on it. Thanks.

Old
02-27-2004, 12:18 PM
OpAck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Kangaroo
Does anyone have a W - L - T season series list between these two teams for each year since the Isles came into the NHL? I am looking for the last time there was a sweep of a season series. I think the last time was in 72, the Isles inagural season. If someone has it or can tell me where to find it I would appreciate it. I say it only happened once, but a Ranger fan I know seems to think this was the 3rd time. Got a case of beer riding on it. Thanks.
Unfortunately, there was another year where the Blueskirts swept the season series. It was 1998-99 season:

10/22/98 at NYR 3-2 Loss
12/20/98 NYR 3-2 Loss
1/13/99 at NYR 4-3 Loss (OT)
3/14/99 NYR 3-2 Loss (OT)
3/29/99 at NYR Loss 3-1

I got this info from the Isles media guide. I don't where you can find the whole season series records on the Internet. Hey, you can always say that two of those losses happened in overtime.

Closed Thread