HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

To be perfectly honest...

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2004, 01:37 PM
EroCaps

vCash: 500
To be perfectly honest...

It should be much more enjoyable to watch the Washington Capitals...

With Jagr, Lang, and Bondra, the consensus was "Why can't they make the playoffs?"

Now, it's extraordinary just to see them score. It's all about setting attainable goals.

:p

Old
02-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps

With Jagr, Lang, and Bondra, the consensus was "Why can't they make the playoffs?"

Now, it's extraordinary just to see them score. It's all about setting attainable goals.

For the true hockey fan the rebuilding process can be very entertaining.

The Caps now have a bunch of exciting prospects now and there will probably be a few more before the deadline. Don't let the Wings fans tell you Fleischmann is a mediocre prospect now, he is a very good prospect from what I have seen of him. 2-3 years and he will be a top line NHLer I would be willing to bet on it.

Semin, Gordon, Fleischmann, Johansson, Eminger, Yonkman, Ouellet, Nepryayev and whoever they get for Gonchar etc will be an outstanding nucleous in the future.

Old
02-27-2004, 02:10 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Assuming management or Leonsis don't get impatient and start traded prospects for aging stars, the Caps will be back in contention in a few years. They tried the "build through UFAdom" and it didn't work, mainly because Leonsis' pockets aren't as deep as Ilitch's or MLSE. Time to do it the old fashioned way through the draft and prospects, but they'll have to find someone to market to the fans. After Gonchar gets traded, it's pretty much just Ollie the Goalie left.

Old
02-27-2004, 02:20 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
For the true hockey fan the rebuilding process can be very entertaining.

The Caps now have a bunch of exciting prospects now and there will probably be a few more before the deadline. Don't let the Wings fans tell you Fleischmann is a mediocre prospect now, he is a very good prospect from what I have seen of him. 2-3 years and he will be a top line NHLer I would be willing to bet on it.

Semin, Gordon, Fleischmann, Johansson, Eminger, Yonkman, Ouellet, Nepryayev and whoever they get for Gonchar etc will be an outstanding nucleous in the future.
You've left out Sutherby, Fehr, Werner, Laich, and Fussey, as well as a top 1-4 pick this year, and yeah, whatever we get for Gonchar. (Coliaicovo, a 1st, and X)

McPhee will have at least 3 firsts and ridiculous talent depth, with no marquee player. I see a potential "trade up", if we don't win the lottery.

Old
02-27-2004, 02:56 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps

i like your positive attribute, keep it up.

Closed Thread