HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Teams most likely to cause a first round upset.

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2004, 09:21 PM
DallasStars2003

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DallasStars2003
I would definitely say Nashville, they ahve been on a rooll recently and in their first postseason they are going to be hungry.

In teh East the only true underdogs are Montreal and the New york Islanders. I guess I'd have to go with Montreal based on the fact that they've done it before, and they have basically the same team that beat the Bruins two years ago.

Nobody's going to pull an Anaheim this year, but I could see Nashville and Montreal making surprise second-round appearances.

Old
02-27-2004, 03:01 PM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
From an odds perspective, Nashville are the least likely team to make the playoffs out of the nine teams vying for it in the West.
How do you figure that?

Old
02-27-2004, 04:13 PM
gopreds98

Send a message via Yahoo to gopreds98
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
No one seems too worried about the Kings, would any teams in the west want to face them in the 1st round? I know the Preds sure don't.
Some of us are wondering how the Kings are still in the playoff race at all? I know they're hanging in there....but I think the Kings have got to hope that somebody stumbles, becase they're so far down on the wins tiebraker that they have no other way of getting in.

As for meeting in the playoffs....the way the seedings are set, if we did play you, it probably wouldn't be until the conference finals.....and I'm just not holding my breath for a Predators-Kings matchup there.

Closed Thread