vCash: 500
Poor Loops

http://www.edmontonsun.ca/Sports/Col...25758-sun.html

mmbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 11:35 AM
190Octane

Maybe we could get him back from Edmonton for cheap? He'd be good with Marchant and we actually could roll 4 lines.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 11:44 AM
jiggsawpuzzle35

how bout we give up joe dipenta, a minor leaguer, and a 3rd rd pick in 2011 for lupul. in fact, they can have dipenta for free.

jiggsawpuzzle35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 12:03 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 50
No way Lowe trades Lupul to us for cheap. It'd just look bad on his part.

I feel for him a little, but I'm just not that sad to see him go. Takes too many shifts off for my taste. The only wing I'd prefer him to in our lineup would be Shannon.

I bet some Edmonton fans are using the article to whip him more.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 12:14 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
I feel for him a little, but I'm just not that sad to see him go. Takes too many shifts off for my taste. The only wing I'd prefer him to in our lineup would be Shannon.
Yeah, he just doesn't fit with this team's style anymore. Right now we have a lineup where everyone forechecks like a madman. Lupul can't or won't. I still hope he does well, but it's gotta suck for him these days. Well, as much as it can suck for a healthy young millionaire spending several months off from work in SoCal.

Quote:
I bet some Edmonton fans are using the article to whip him more.
Yeah just looked at their board, they're all over it. Funny.

Old
06-01-2007, 12:39 PM
DucksWon'07

Send a message via AIM to DucksWon'07
I liked the guy a lot, but I would have to think he wouldn't fit in with the team. Maybe if we lost May and there are no prospects ready by next season, but I doubt that.

DucksWon'07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Ducks__Halos

vCash: 863
I feel bad for him too but, I agree, he doesn't fit under Burke's desired team make-up.

That being said, I wonder how O'Brien feels.

Ducks__Halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks__Halos View Post
I feel bad for him too but, I agree, he doesn't fit under Burke's desired team make-up.

I also wonder how much Todd Fedoruk hates Derek Boogaard now. Not only did Boogaard cave his face in, but, if that never happened, Fedoruk's likely still on the team right now as one of the main components of the Big Bad Beard line(over Thornton). I know he eventually wanted to go to Philly, but, I think being a part of this run would be a bit better.

Also, another guy who likely feels bad is Travis Green. It was only after he was waived that Marchant went down, opening up a center spot, and, Green might've been a nice fit there. He could've tried to play his way onto the team and secure a spot over guys like Thornton. Also, when Kunitz went down, Marchant might've been able to stay on line 1.

For guys like Lupul, it must hurt, but, they surely realize that it was because they were traded that all this happened. But, guys like O'Brien, Green and Fedoruk, they just as easily could've been here, and they could've ended up with a shot at the cup.

As for Lupul, it sucks that he had an off year, but, I hope this means that Edmonton wants to unload him/not qualify him in a year or two, and he could come back here(he seems to really like it here). I know some say he's not a Burke-type player, but, he flourished under Carlyle, and, I think the main reason he was the one who got dealt was because Lowe covets him so much. Otherwise, I'm guessing Burke tries to sell Lowe on Perry, Kunitz or someone else. Lupul was inconsistant last year, but, I think his game was improving here, and, he could definetely be a player here in the future. Overall, though, I think he just needs a change of scenery. I'm guessing the pressure for playing for the hometown team is a little too much.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 04:46 PM
DucksWon'07

Send a message via AIM to DucksWon'07
Quote:
Oh I know he must be pissed. We didn't even use the 1st rounder we got for him and he's gotta feel that if Huskins is playing every game that could very easly be him instead.

DucksWon'07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 04:46 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:

Yeah THAT has to suck. To be traded so as to have a 1st rounder at the deadline, but then to not be able to make another deal? He's gotta feel like he got traded for nothing.

Although with Huskins' play I can't really say it's impacted us at all for this season, and I ain't complaining about having a mid 1st round pick this year (where we very well might land a higher-upside defenseman than Shane).