Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Giggy!

Old
05-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Ducks

vCash: 500
I didn't read through the whole thread so im not sure if it has been said yet. But on the Kevin and Bean show last friday, when asked what his plans were, Giggy said that he would really like to stay in Anaheim.

Here's a link to the audio:

http://www.kevinandbeanarchive.com/a...2007-05-25.mp3

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 10:06 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapninja View Post
I didn't read through the whole thread so im not sure if it has been said yet. But on the Kevin and Bean show last friday, when asked what his plans were, Giggy said that he would really like to stay in Anaheim.

Here's a link to the audio:

http://www.kevinandbeanarchive.com/a...2007-05-25.mp3
Well he's not about to tell people he'd like to test the free agent market when he's right in the middle of the Stanley Cup Finals. But then again, that could be how he feels. The last three weeks of June should be very interesting.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 10:14 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Anyone met him or get a feel for what he likes in terms of the fanbase? Like I know Scotty actually likes it quieter, and Paul used to. In fact the ironic thing is if our fanbase was rabid like Toronto, Scotty wouldn't have signed here. Jiggy seems kind of soft spoken to me, but he does appear on a lot of interviews and for a lot of team functions, so I don't know how he feels about the attention.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Well he's not about to tell people he'd like to test the free agent market when he's right in the middle of the Stanley Cup Finals. But then again, that could be how he feels. The last three weeks of June should be very interesting.
well I think his word is about as solid as we can get right now. I don't think he'd lie about it, aside from possibly more money what would he gain by moving? Good weather, lots to do, a Stanley Cup team, not to mention his kid's doctors are here and it's hard on a young family to up and move.

I think Anaheim wants to keep him and he wants to stay on, they'll just have to work out a fair deal.

But we really should just take his word for it until we find out.

Old
05-31-2007, 11:45 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapninja View Post
well I think his word is about as solid as we can get right now. I don't think he'd lie about it, aside from possibly more money what would he gain by moving? Good weather, lots to do, a Stanley Cup team, not to mention his kid's doctors are here and it's hard on a young family to up and move.

I think Anaheim wants to keep him and he wants to stay on, they'll just have to work out a fair deal.

But we really should just take his word for it until we find out.
A lot more money. Like a 3 mil raise. Jiggy is going to be filthy rich this summer.

Old
06-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Dr.Huxtable*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Giggy > Luongo > Broduer > Roy

Giggy < Luongo < Brodeur < Roy

Fixed it.

Dr.Huxtable* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 01:04 AM
ilikeoatmeal

Send a message via AIM to ilikeoatmeal
My honest opinion is that you can't have all sides. Giguere would probably love to stay, no question. But if he stays, someone else has to go - UNLESS the owners allow management to spend more money on a goalie. If Giguere resigns for between 6-7 mil/yr without funding extensions from the Samuelis... say goodbye to Andy McDonald or someone around that level of pay.

ilikeoatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeoatmeal View Post
My honest opinion is that you can't have all sides. Giguere would probably love to stay, no question. But if he stays, someone else has to go - UNLESS the owners allow management to spend more money on a goalie. If Giguere resigns for between 6-7 mil/yr without funding extensions from the Samuelis... say goodbye to Andy McDonald or someone around that level of pay.
Nah. There's more than enough cap room for Jiggy to get his $2 million raise(I think he'll stick around here for 6, and, he already makes 4). The cap's going up again this year, and, Anaheim had about a $41 million payroll as is. They have the room.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 01:12 AM
ilikeoatmeal

Send a message via AIM to ilikeoatmeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Darsh View Post
Nah. There's more than enough cap room for Jiggy to get his $2 million raise(I think he'll stick around here for 6, and, he already makes 4). The cap's going up again this year, and, Anaheim had about a $41 million payroll as is. They have the room.
They have the room this year... but you have to take into consideration future years and the resigning of other players who will get raises - not to mention new signs, contract bonuses, appearance bonuses, playoff bonuses etc. I guess if you guys really think he's going to stay then I can't change your opinions. Just don't be shocked if he doesn't or someone else gets traded to open up salary room in the coming seasons. Like I said, it's completely possible they'll sign him no problem if the Samuelis let the management pay GIguere in the area of 28mil in the coming 4 years.

ilikeoatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 01:31 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeoatmeal View Post
They have the room this year... but you have to take into consideration future years and the resigning of other players who will get raises - not to mention new signs, contract bonuses, appearance bonuses, playoff bonuses etc. I guess if you guys really think he's going to stay then I can't change your opinions. Just don't be shocked if he doesn't or someone else gets traded to open up salary room in the coming seasons. Like I said, it's completely possible they'll sign him no problem if the Samuelis let the management pay GIguere in the area of 28mil in the coming 4 years.
Oatmeal makes a good point. We do have the room for Giguere's raise next season, but if we take the future into consideration with Getzlaf and Perry becoming available or the need to add/replace a player we will be needing to save up some space.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 02:25 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

You guys still have to remember that just because the cap is going up does not mean that the Ducks will spend more. Even with this Cup run I believe the Samueli's will still lose money this year. They don't intend on inflating their payroll based on the cap per se but if it means keeping this team elite, concessions will have to be made.

Bottom line, they can't afford to pay Jiggy more than 6 mil. In fact, 6 is really pushing it. Dustin Penner is a free agent this summer. He scored 28 goals and should do even better next year. I imagine he'll get something around 1.5-2 mil a year. Getzlaf and Perry are free next summer and Getzy especially will get big money, maybe even more than Mac if he has a good enough year. These kids are the future and they know that. As much as we all want Jiggy here and as much I'm Jiggy wants to stay here, it just probably not going to happen.

They only way I see it working is if Bryz is traded and Teemu either retires or just isn't re-signed. That'll be the only way to placate Jiggy's demands and hold onto our young forwards for the future. I'll tell you this though. If Jiggy, Bryz and Teemu are all on this team next year I'll eat my shoe.

Old
06-01-2007, 03:30 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
If Jiggy, Bryz and Teemu are all on this team next year I'll eat my shoe.
I'll hold you to that.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 04:01 AM
Ducks

well I think we're really lucky to have both Bryz and Giggy and I won't be too terribly hurt if we lose one of them, they are both outstanding goalkeepers.

I know Bryz has a way to go still, but he is young and has time. I really like him, especially the way he stood up for Pronger in that interview +10 points right there in my book.

I won't be surprised if someone leaves though seeing as the Ducks also signed a brand new goalie to the Portland Pirates.

Old
06-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Snap Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksforcup View Post
THE LA KINGS! LBHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! I just cannot accept this scenery.

I've actually been bracing myself for this scenario if it should happen. Eklund reporting it makes me feel better, though. Probably won't happen.

Snap Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Pepper

Cloutier still has 1y left in his contract and he can't be traded (he sucks so bad).

Besides, Kings are not a contender next year, I think they'll wait until they are ready to really contend before making a big move in goal.

Then again, it's the Kings so who knows.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 12:10 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Cloutier still has 1y left in his contract and he can't be traded (he sucks so bad).

Besides, Kings are not a contender next year, I think they'll wait until they are ready to really contend before making a big move in goal.

Then again, it's the Kings so who knows.
Cloutier has TWO years left. There's no way they can trade him so if anything they'd buy him out but then wouldn't have the money for Jiggy. So I'd say the Kings aren't a realistic option for Jiggy.

Old
06-01-2007, 12:22 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

As long as Teemu's taking one year deals, we can afford to sign Jiggy to a reasonable raise, and when the kids are up for their big raises then Selanne's probably retiring anyway (assuming he doesn't retire this summer as it is).

Won't do us a whole lot of good to keep the kids if we no longer have the goaltending to get us through the playoffs. As good as this team is we still needed Jiggy to save our ***** last round, and I still don't fully trust Bryz for a full 2 month playoff grind. Do you really want to face Detroit again next year, but this time with Jiggy on the other side and us with Bryz? I wouldn't like our chances.

We have the best clutch goaltender in the league. That's easily worth $6 mil. This isn't like TB paying 3 forwards ridiculous money, since they still need defense and goaltending. You can, however, contend every year with two stud dmen and a clutch goalie.

mmbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 02:00 PM
braincramp

See today's article on the LA Times website:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-ducks

braincramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 03:02 PM
ISensFanI

Equipment question

What kind of chest pad does he use, and what does he do to it?

I've gotta get me one of them.

ISensFanI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Joe Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISensFanI View Post
What kind of chest pad does he use, and what does he do to it?

I've gotta get me one of them.
A legal one. Stop trolling.

Joe Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 04:16 PM
braincramp

Not so sure the Ducks are in any serious trouble.

7 signed forwards: Kunitz, Marchant, McDonald, Getzlaf, Perry, Pahlsson, Niedermayer; $11.5-mil.

4 unsigned forwards: Selanne, Penner, Moen, May; maybe $10-mil.

2 other forwards; maybe $1.0-mil.

3 signed defensemen: Pronger, Niedermayer, Beauchemin; $14.7-mil.

4 other defensemen: maybe $3.5-mil.

1 signed goaltender: Bryzgalov, $1.4-mil.

1 unsigned goaltender: Giguere, $6-mil.

22 players; $48.1-mil.

The Ducks won't spend this much for various reasons.

Selanne might retire or sign for less. He has good numbers, but for the second year has slowed considerably in the last part of the season.

If the Ducks do sign Giguere, they can trade Bryz for picks and bring up some cheaper talent from the AHL.

braincramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 04:50 PM
ISensFanI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canada View Post
A legal one. Stop trolling.
lol, I'm actually really not trying to piss anyone off. I just want to know what he does to be so wide so I can do it aswell, for my season next year.

Last edited by ISensFanI: 06-01-2007 at 04:58 PM.
ISensFanI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Joe Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISensFanI View Post
lol, I'm actually really not trying to piss anyone off. I just want to know what he does to be so wide so I can do it aswell, for my season next year.
If that's genuine, I remember someone (Greg Millen?) mentioning that he secured it in a different spot on his back so it rode up higher when he went into the butterfly.

Joe Canada is offline   Reply With Quote