HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Backman Question?

Old
06-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Gman7191

vCash: 500
Backman Question?

I was wondering about Backman. When he was coming up was he a big prospect or did he kinda come to the blues without much notice.

Gman7191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 07:09 PM
funktasticblues93

Send a message via Yahoo to funktasticblues93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman7191 View Post
I was wondering about Backman. When he was coming up was he a big prospect or did he kinda come to the blues without much notice.
He was a first round pick, 24th overall. T think the Blues had high hopes for him, they did have to wait awhile to get him over here. Think he was like 23 or something like that.

funktasticblues93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 09:41 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman7191 View Post
He was a first round pick in 1998.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Robb_K

As a first round pick there was a lot of fanfare and hope for him. He was big and was supposed to have good offensive skills. He took a while to develop, but was finally on a nice development track. But after his injury, played tentative for a long time, and he still isn't pon his former track. But I think he'll come into this season back at 100%, and will get back on his former improvement track. I still think he's got a good offensive upside. I wish he would play more physically, however. Still will be interesting to see if he's traded, and becomes a solid defenceman for another team, or continues to develop with The Blues.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 10:17 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
As a first round pick there was a lot of fanfare and hope for him. He was big and was supposed to have good offensive skills. He took a while to develop, but was finally on a nice development track. But after his injury, played tentative for a long time, and he still isn't pon his former track. But I think he'll come into this season back at 100%, and will get back on his former improvement track. I still think he's got a good offensive upside. I wish he would play more physically, however. Still will be interesting to see if he's traded, and becomes a solid defenceman for another team, or continues to develop with The Blues.
I think he is tradebait, as early as the Draft. Not knocking his ability to get something in a trade you have to give something.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 03:16 AM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 350
I have to agree with Carp. I do not see Backman wearing the 'Note at the beginning of next season.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote