HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

A better Fit?

Old
06-02-2007, 01:24 PM
nexusrage21

vCash: 500
A better Fit?

I have flat feet, and as a result my skates never fit right, and my ankles turn in and pronate a lot. This has a huge negative effect on my skating. I was wondering if anyone knows any skate brands which would be good for this problem? Or do you think possibly getting the skates heat molded would help?

Thanks in advance.

nexusrage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Heat McManus

your best bet is getting an orthodic implant. Baking the skates will help to an extent, but it will not solve the problem. I have flat feet and my problem was always pain in the middle of my foot that made any and all skates excrutiating after five minutes.. A simple heel lift solved the problem. A podiatrist prescribed orthodic or store bought implant might help.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 02:01 PM
ClicheGuevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post
your best bet is getting an orthodic implant. Baking the skates will help to an extent, but it will not solve the problem. I have flat feet and my problem was always pain in the middle of my foot that made any and all skates excrutiating after five minutes.. A simple heel lift solved the problem. A podiatrist prescribed orthodic or store bought implant might help.
thats the same problem i have. would something like this help?
http://www.footsmart.com/Product.asp...l-_-bottom-_-1
or would the prescribed route be the way to go?

ClicheGuevara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Heat McManus

If you've got insurance, you might want to go to a podiatrist for the expertise, but that looks like it's an orthodic that might help. Mine is a little bit simpler, but that looks like it's worth a shot. Best of luck.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosh View Post
thats the same problem i have. would something like this help?
http://www.footsmart.com/Product.asp...l-_-bottom-_-1
or would the prescribed route be the way to go?
They might help. Then again they may shift the problem somewhere else. They claim to help quite a few different problems. Too many IMO. Expert advice, and proper fitted orthotics from someone actually looking at your feet would seem more appropriate. Everyone's different.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 02:44 PM
speedway

definately custom orthotics.

speedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 04:41 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
Buying a set of SuperFeet (grey) helps many people...only like $30, might wanna give those a try before dropping a big chunk of money on some customs.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 06:39 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

My feet are pretty much flat, but I've never had a problem with pain. I have a very very very very small arch.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 07:36 PM
nexusrage21

I have superfeet....didn't do much, but that might be because my boot has broken down a bit due to this problem. I'm gonna try them out again tonight for open hockey.

For me, its not about pain, but I lose mobility because my skates aren't at the right angle, so it takes extra effort to get going (playing inline btw). When I start out, I'm fine, but as the game goes on, I can't do anything.

Old
06-02-2007, 07:59 PM
sc37

Hhhmmm...what skate you in, how old are they? Has it always been like this? If so, might be wearing the wrong skate.

Old
06-02-2007, 08:18 PM
nexusrage21

Currently using Reebok 6k's that I bought a little before christmas. My foot is a size 15/15.5 for a sneaker and flat and wide. I wear a 13 E skate which is pretty good, to be honest when I first got them they were fine, it was only when the boot began to breakdown a bit that I had a problem.

I have however had the same problem with any skates I have worn even when I was a kid, but when I was younger, I was lighter so it didn't push down so much, I'm 6'3" 220 now.

I have been looking into trying to find a skate that is stiffer with more arch support, but its difficult with the sizing, and my perpetual lack of funds.

Old
06-02-2007, 11:32 PM
sc37

Shouldn't be breaking down soo soon...then again I'm a lightweight so what do I know Yeah they're decent skates you got and if it wasn't a problem earlier idk...give the Superfeet another go but sounds like customs might be in store for you. But honestly, customs my dad had feel about as stiff as the Superfeet and ShockDocs I had in terms of the bottom layer.