HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Corry Perry is a Turd.

Old
06-01-2007, 02:54 PM
14ari13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy's View Post
I kind of like him just because his parents are my neighbor
Go and punch his father! If he goes and then complains to his wife, then we know where Perry got it from.

You Ducks fans you do not understand it. The players which are hated, but respect around the league are different from Perry. It takes time to acheive that and Perry for sure has not earned it. But he made something what will make him a target around the league where other players will hate him without any respect. He pretended he did not see Chelios and hit him from behind trying to injure Chelios. Chelios is one of those very few which is hated around the league, but he is respected. It took him many years to earned that tittle. The players around the league have noted this and will be targeting Perry. There is the code among the players and I do not believe Perros will come to rescue Perry, Perros knows that Perry made a mistake.
You can just quit defending him.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 10:52 PM
NL
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
The players around the league have noted this and will be targeting Perry. There is the code among the players and I do not believe Perros will come to rescue Perry, Perros knows that Perry made a mistake.
You can just quit defending him.
You make it sound like this style of play is new to Perry and his teammates, Perry's been playing this way since the OHL. After 2 seasons, if his team really had a problem about the way he goes about himself on the ice, there would have been something said to him from the leaders or from Carlyle. The kid will drop the gloves, usually with ugly results, but he's done it before.

As it is, Carlyle said today that it's pretty much Perry's on-ice persona and the team seems to think it's pretty acceptable, it's not like you hear news of Perry being a lockerroom cancer a la Sean Avery. The kid values winning over earning the respect of other players, go figure.

NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2007, 10:59 PM
druthemole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy G Biv View Post
In the spirit of last series' Derek Roy Thread.

Corry Perry is clearly enemy number 1.

Wings and Kings fans know what the deal is.

Game 2:

- Perry turns his back on purpose to get hit from behind by A-Train. Cherry calls him out.

- Perry runs interference on Fisher, and then punches him in the face.
HEADLINE: Game 3: Mr Perry, meet Mr McGratten.......Mr McGratten, Mr Perry

druthemole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 12:00 AM
SensFan_19

I really hate Getzlaf. yeah he's skilled and all and I give him credit for that. But you know what? I just hate his face!!

GO SENS GO!

SensFan_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 08:04 AM
SmurfWithAk

SmurfWithAk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 08:13 AM
ladybugblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
You make it sound like this style of play is new to Perry and his teammates, Perry's been playing this way since the OHL. After 2 seasons, if his team really had a problem about the way he goes about himself on the ice, there would have been something said to him from the leaders or from Carlyle. The kid will drop the gloves, usually with ugly results, but he's done it before.

As it is, Carlyle said today that it's pretty much Perry's on-ice persona and the team seems to think it's pretty acceptable, it's not like you hear news of Perry being a lockerroom cancer a la Sean Avery. The kid values winning over earning the respect of other players, go figure.
The only reason you are hearing that is because your team is winning right now and what he is doing isn't hurting the team. If he got called on it and it started to hurt the team (i.e., he was penalized for it or it put him out of position and they got scored on) then his teammates might not be so forgiving. Having your teammates respect and respect from other teams are totally different.

The NHL is a hard place to get respect across the league...take a look what happened with Crosby as he had been called out by players across the league telling him to be quiet and stop whinning. Until he lead the league in scoring, he was really taken to task.

ladybugblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 11:26 AM
NL
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugblue View Post
The only reason you are hearing that is because your team is winning right now and what he is doing isn't hurting the team. If he got called on it and it started to hurt the team (i.e., he was penalized for it or it put him out of position and they got scored on) then his teammates might not be so forgiving. Having your teammates respect and respect from other teams are totally different.

The NHL is a hard place to get respect across the league...take a look what happened with Crosby as he had been called out by players across the league telling him to be quiet and stop whinning. Until he lead the league in scoring, he was really taken to task.
It's not like Perry's totally immune to the criticisms on his game, despite his play, he is getting better at making conscious efforts to avoid hurting his team with stupid penalties. To Perry's credit this year, he's actually toned down the penalties from last season because he recognized it was a problem with his game. Yesterday Ryan Getzlaf even called him a warrior for doing what he does, so he's got at least 1 teammate behind him.

Seriously, I think playing under Dale Hunter for 4 years, I really don't think Perry puts a big emphasis on league respect as a Crosby would. I can see this lack of respect around the league being an issue if Perry was of comparable status in the public relations department for the league like Crosby or even if he was considered a star on the Ducks.

Last edited by NL: 06-02-2007 at 11:40 AM.
NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Jennifer 19

Send a message via MSN to Jennifer 19 Send a message via Skype™ to Jennifer 19
Yeah, Perry is a turd.

Jennifer 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2007, 04:00 PM
msconduct

Send a message via MSN to msconduct
So, uh, yeah...

I have a lot of beef with Mr Perry. Wish I could say he was a good guy off the ice... but never the less. Thats the difference between Derek Roy and Corey Perry.
Attached Images
File Type: gif babyperrygl8.gif‎ (232.2 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg n290300080_279881_8066.jpg‎ (40.4 KB, 18 views)

msconduct is offline   Reply With Quote